+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Track your PR card timeline and processing times here

Jnl_jnl

Jan 10, 2019
Here is my timeline for your reference: got the PR card yesterday

Oct 16 2018: application approved, asked to mail in two photos and my passport (visa-required country). I mailed it on the same day, also inserted a pre-paid Canada XpressPost Envelope

Nov 19 2018: Recieved two copies of CoPR (one with photo and another one without) from IRCC asking me to do landing (received the package in the pre-paid that I inserted) in addition, there was a delay due to Canada Post Strike. Otherwise would be getting 2 weeks earlier.

Nov 20 2018: Due to my current residing area wrote an email to IRCC request to do landing via interview

Dec 03 2018: receive a notice regarding scheduled interview. Interview scheduled on Dec 14 2018

Dec 14 2018: Landed via scheduled interview (IRCC office in Vancouver). The interview took 10 mins (friendly, quick, short and simple). The officer congrats me “you are now a PR”. Mailing address provided during the interview. One of the CoPR copies (the one with photo) was taken by the officer. The one without the photo I keep.

Feb 1 2019: PR card arrived in mail. (Waiting for 49 days) earlier than what expected.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sid6767

nawalasansol

May 29, 2017
Did landing on Dec 14 2018 via scheduled landing interview.

Didn’t call IRCC to check or whatever as the processing times shown 54 days for the first card(at that point). Just waited.

Waited exactly 49 days (7 weeks) got my first PR card in the mail - slightly earlier than the expected processing time.
Congratulation.

Sagekobby

Star Member
Jun 25, 2017
Same here, I am also in Ontario. Yes, it's probably the weather, I heard there could be a delay in mail delivery. I am also wondering if the PR card could have been delivered to my paralegal, will call her on Monday to check.
I ask this question sometime ago who gets the card if there's a legal consultant attached to the application and surprisingly I got no reply from the forum. Seems no one had that experience. I send my paralegal a text and as the protocol goes I have to wait thirteen (13) days for a reply. Hopefully it get delivered this week. Good luck to us

rehanacca

Apr 22, 2017
Guys i need your advise.

Landing 18 Sep, Photo Request 17 Nov, Photos Delivered 23 Nov.

I see all with photo delivery in december getting approvals. Sent CIC web form queries and called too. They just say they are processing November photos. I even sent Webform query and specifically asked them to trace envelope from the tracking number i provided. Got reply after 3 days with same copy paste answer.

Please suggest what should i do now. Getting really worried. I am just concerned they lost the package as it shouldn't take them this long. It's been ten weeks now since photo delivery. :(

Jonasin

Star Member
Jan 15, 2019
Webform they just keep sending the same answet it is autoreply I thin.

Best thing to do is to call them and get in touch with an agent to have the requested update

Sid6767

Jan 15, 2019
Guys i need your advise.

Landing 18 Sep, Photo Request 17 Nov, Photos Delivered 23 Nov.

I see all with photo delivery in december getting approvals. Sent CIC web form queries and called too. They just say they are processing November photos. I even sent Webform query and specifically asked them to trace envelope from the tracking number i provided. Got reply after 3 days with same copy paste answer.

Please suggest what should i do now. Getting really worried. I am just concerned they lost the package as it shouldn't take them this long. It's been ten weeks now since photo delivery. :(
did u send photos to courier address or PO box address i checked regarding this problem and found that if you send photos to courier address your process will be delay by 2-3 weeks as they need to separate every document and send that to responsible center hope this will help :)