+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Track your PR card timeline and processing times here

nadine_2405

Jan 15, 2019
it just shows home address and status complete, but in detail info about my landing, nothing about PR Card
You need to link your paper account to your MYCIC account. Google it and figure out how to do it. Very simple - once you link it you’ll get digital updates

sri7ram

Jul 25, 2012
Hi there,

Please post if any one gets ghost update or approved status for photo request came in after December

Thank-you so much in advance

nikabella

Apr 23, 2017
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
14-08-2017
Med's Request
22-03-2018
Med's Done....
11-04-2018
The real processing speed faster than the agent said,right? I called this morning and the agent said that now processing re-submission photo cases until November 16. But in fact many cases at the end of November or early December have been processed or ghost update.

medwiz

May 25, 2014
The real processing speed faster than the agent said,right? I called this morning and the agent said that now processing re-submission photo cases until November 16. But in fact many cases at the end of November or early December have been processed or ghost update.
Yes this seems to be the standard reply by email as well at the moment...but in reality seems we've reached end of November early December resubmission

Reactions: nikabella

vpkasbek

Nov 22, 2016
Visa Office......
CPC -Sydney; Secondary visa office: CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Jan 03, 2017
Doc's Request.
Generic Reminder Email: RPRF, Passport Bio, Sch A, PCC. 06.12.2017; Updated Sch A form 09.25.2017
Nomination.....
Dec 15, 2016
AOR Received.
Mar 07, 2017
IELTS Request
Sent with package
Med's Request
Dec 15, 2017 (Upfront eMedicals); Feb 12, 2018 (Request from CIC)
Med's Done....
Feb 14, 2018 (Passed)
Interview........
Not applicable; BGIP 2: Feb 27, 2018
Passport Req..
Apr 13, 2018
VISA ISSUED...
Apr 19, 2018
Anyone with photo request in Dec 1 st week got updates?

canadalove85

Aug 4, 2017
I have successfully linked my PR Card application to myCIC account. It shows the correct landing date, UCI number, PR Card application # etc.
I got a photo request in email Mid December but I do not see any updates or photo request letter in the online account. The status has always been 'Submitted' . Am I looking at something different here?

Peterpan.tintin

Sep 24, 2018
It is nothing new .. Don't we see the same thing in processing of PPR applications? Is it fair ... most definitely not. But I guess that is how things work in most government run processes. We just need to live with it.

Also, as mentioned earlier on the thread I think the process of accepting of photos also seem to be broken or arbitrary. It is hard to believe that so many people have the wrong photos and some people have taken photos at places which are recommended (or approved) by IRCC itself.

I will be doing soft landing in few months and everyone has been telling me to get photos redone in Canada once I land. :)

As per my observations, photo rejections are not just random or due to broken system. I believe it is due to their hard and strict scanning system and specially around the head size.
My soft landing was Dec 9th and PR card delivered from me and my daughter on Jan 23rd - 45 days
My wife got photo request.
So, I carefully analyzed all aspects of photos and tried to find difference between my photo and my wife's photo.

I found that my photo has head size from hair to chin 37mm . CIC criteria is 31mm tp 36mm.
For my daughter head size was 37mm too
For my wife head size was 39mm - Photo rejected

All 3 of us got photographs done from same place Walgreens, in USA but my wife got different photographer than me and my daughter.
I showed CIC photo specification paper to photographer and asked to read and my wife did too. However, photographer was over confident and said they do this every day.

Overall, this is my recommendation for people who are going to get photos done either for PPR or for resubmissions - Regardless of from where you get your photos done and how good photographer is, verify each and every instruction of photo specification yourself and carefully measure head size in photo.

I guess its hard to avoid cases like photo damage or other cases where manual intervention may required as likely they are just rejecting based on some automatic check and no body in CIC have time to double check manually

PS: My recommendation is not tested even on me ;) as I just resubmitted photo for my wife and will get to know in couple of months how would that go :)

Last edited:

pessacanada

Champion Member
May 5, 2017
Category........
FSW
As per my observations, photo rejections are not just random or due to broken system. I believe it is due to their hard and strict scanning system and specially around the head size.
My soft landing was Dec 9th and PR card delivered from me and my daughter on Jan 23rd - 45 days
My wife got photo request.
So, I carefully analyzed all aspects of photos and tried to find difference between my photo and my wife's photo.

I found that my photo has head size from hair to chin 37mm . CIC criteria is 31mm tp 36mm.
For my daughter head size was 37mm too
For my wife head size was 39mm - Photo rejected

All 3 of us got photographs done from same place Walgreens, in USA but my wife got different photographer than me and my daughter.
I showed CIC photo specification paper to photographer and asked to read and my wife did too. However, photographer was over confident and said they do this every day.

Overall, this is my recommendation for people who are going to get photos done either for PPR or for resubmissions - Regardless of from where you get your photos done and how good photographer is, verify each and every instruction of photo specification yourself and carefully measure head size in photo.

I guess its hard to avoid cases like photo damage or other cases where manual intervention may required as likely they are just rejecting based on some automatic check and no body in CIC have time to double check manually

PS: My recommendation is not tested even on me ;) as I just resubmitted photo for my wife and will get to know in couple of months how would that go :)
In my case, we got photo by using our personal camera.
I did for my wife, the result: accepted and PR approved.
She did for me, the result: new photo request and still waiting my PR.

PS: my wife says me all the time that I'm not a good photographer but Canadian government proved her that I'm actually a good one. Maybe I was a good mathematician during my school time ;)

inder.online

Star Member
Sep 22, 2017
I have successfully linked my PR Card application to myCIC account. It shows the correct landing date, UCI number, PR Card application # etc.
I got a photo request in email Mid December but I do not see any updates or photo request letter in the online account. The status has always been 'Submitted' . Am I looking at something different here?
Photo requests are not shown on online profile. It will still show Submitted until PR card application is approved.

inder.online

Star Member
Sep 22, 2017
In my case, we got photo by using our personal camera.
I did for my wife, the result: accepted and PR approved.
She did for me, the result: new photo request and still waiting my PR.

PS: my wife says me all the time that I'm not a good photographer but Canadian government proved her that I'm actually a good one. Maybe I was a good mathematician during my school time ;)
That is interesting. But are we not supposed to have address of commercial photographer at back of the photos ?
How did you manage it with personal camera photos ?

Blade

Nov 11, 2017
What makes u ghink everyone is job huntin hehehe
Sorry brother
Just thought everyone who lands are looking for a job here lol
What are you upto?
I am finding it hard to find a job as an engineer so just wanted to know other’s experience

sid1987

Champion Member
Jul 4, 2018
ottawa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
19-06-2018
AOR Received.
19-06-2018
Passport Req..
25 -07-2018
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2018
LANDED..........
04-08-2018
Sorry brother
Just thought everyone who lands are looking for a job here lol
What are you upto?
I am finding it hard to find a job as an engineer so just wanted to know other’s experience
Hmmmm i first found job and then moved from us.. for me moving canada was not like end of world move it just happened bec i got good kob