+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Track your PR card timeline and processing times here

DarKKnight11

Dec 3, 2018
Hello Altruists,

I have done my landing on 10-DEC-2018 and will have to go out of Canada on 17-FEB-2019. Currently, the PR Card processing time is 54 Days according to CIC website. Can I expect My PR Card will be arrived by 2-FEB-2019 which is exactly 54 days from 10-DEC-2018? or is there any way to expedite the process, as I have to leave Canada on 17-FEB-2019?

Thanks in advance.
To qualify for urgent permanent resident (PR) card processing, you must be travelling within the next three months due to:

• a job opportunity
  • your own serious illness
  • the death of a family member
  • work related to your current job
  • the serious illness of a family member
More information can be found here: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/new-immigrants/pr-card/apply-renew-replace/urgent.html

In your case, unless it's emergency, they won't do anything.. You can apply for PRTD from outside Canada provided you have sufficient time.Else , come back through land route which may not be feasible if you are travelling outside North America..

If you don't get Photo request, then you may have chance of getting your PR card on time..but remember that holidays also will cut into your processing time.

sid1987

Champion Member
Jul 4, 2018
ottawa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
19-06-2018
AOR Received.
19-06-2018
Passport Req..
25 -07-2018
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2018
LANDED..........
04-08-2018
J
To qualify for urgent permanent resident (PR) card processing, you must be travelling within the next three months due to:

• a job opportunity
More information can be found here: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/new-immigrants/pr-card/apply-renew-replace/urgent.html

In your case, unless it's emergency, they won't do anything.. You can apply for PRTD from outside Canada provided you have sufficient time.Else , come back through land route which may not be feasible if you are travelling outside North America..

If you don't get Photo request, then you may have chance of getting your PR card on time..but remember that holidays also will cut into your processing time.
ust one thin.. there is no fast processing for new cards.. all the above are for renewal.. source same page hegege ...

Kae_be

Oct 24, 2017
Timeline:
Landed: Oct 11 (Toronto)
Ghost Update (self) : Dec 4
Photo Request (Spouse): Dec 5
Approved (self): Dec 11
Photos Delivered (spouse): Dec 12
PR Card Received (Self):: Dec 14 (Toronto)

For spouse - we sent two sets of photographs from two different photo studios. Hopefully we don't get another request. From current timeline it looks like we will not get an update before Feb 15.

Nash123

Dec 5, 2018
Hey guys I landed in etobicoke on the 15th of Oct, and my status changed to approved on Friday the 14th, should I expect to receive my card this week or next week ?

goodboy97

Feb 12, 2017
Montreal, Canada
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
26-05-2017
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
15-08-2017
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Interview........
Not Required

• a job opportunity

thanks for your reply. So, 54 days means 54 working days. Am I correct?

Kae_be

Oct 24, 2017
Hey guys I landed in etobicoke on the 15th of Oct, and my status changed to approved on Friday the 14th, should I expect to receive my card this week or next week ?
You should definitely get it this week. Mine was approved on Dec 11 and I got it on Dec 14 in Etobicoke.

thtthings

May 23, 2018
Hi,

I called them today to update my PR card address. They said that it is 54 day processing time after i give them updated address! is that true? its been around 35 days already.

Reactions: goodboy97

Yogeshms1985

Nov 23, 2017
I hope you have better luck .... we have 3 PR applications , 2 of them approved but 3rd one has photo request ... when I called CIC they told me the photo request sent on 23 Nov by mail ( because the application was not linked on my account) .... until now I did NOT receive this mail.... but I sent the photos according to the this call and I asked them to send me an e-mail.
I DON'T know what would happen if I didn't call CIC
Guys,
Landed - 9th oct
Approved 1 - 8th dec
Approved 2 - 12th dec

Webform request for status - 15dec
Ghost update - 17th dec for 3rd applicant

This means no photo request?

Do i need to call IRCC?

Approved PR card has not delivered yet.

dpak88

Dec 17, 2018
Hello,
Some of my questions may already be answered. So can you pl direct me?

My wife and I did landing at Vancouver on November 21. We were not able to give an address and were asked to update it online.
I have tried updating the address online using the Address notification website and using my UCI (I am the primary applicant). But each time I get the response "We were not able to identify you using the information you provided". I tried using my COPR number also but I get the same response.

1. Has anyone else faced this issue? What is the work-around for this?
2. Is there a customer service number I can call in order to check if I can enter Canada again without a PRTD (I have a valid visitor visa)

Thanks and regards,
Deepak Krishnamurthy

thtthings

May 23, 2018
Hello,
Some of my questions may already be answered. So can you pl direct me?

My wife and I did landing at Vancouver on November 21. We were not able to give an address and were asked to update it online.
I have tried updating the address online using the Address notification website and using my UCI (I am the primary applicant). But each time I get the response "We were not able to identify you using the information you provided". I tried using my COPR number also but I get the same response.

1. Has anyone else faced this issue? What is the work-around for this?
2. Is there a customer service number I can call in order to check if I can enter Canada again without a PRTD (I have a valid visitor visa)

Thanks and regards,
Deepak Krishnamurthy
Fax them the document they gave you! and that should be enough.

ojitos

Dec 12, 2018
Landed: August 30 (Toronto)
Photo Request: October 12
Photo Received by CIC: October 15
Approved: December 5
Card Received: December 11

Long journey with roller coaster ride.... It is a feeling from Shawshank Redemption ..that Andy Drufesne must have experienced when he can came out of that sewage pipe at end.

Hello, how did you send your photos? Through Canada Xpress post? WE just got notice of the need of photos and I am afraid we won't be on time...

Tomfulloption

Dec 6, 2018
Landed at YVR(Vancouver) : October 11, 2018
Add Link : December 5, 2018
Approved : December 11, 2018
Received : December 17, 2018
Good luck Merry Christmas and happy new year everyone.

Reactions: didigege

canadalove85

Aug 4, 2017
Landed - 20 Oct

Photo Request for self and spouse- Dec 14

Did not get any email for minor dependent. Should we send the photos for the minor(child) anyways with out package?

Once they receive the photos what is the timeline to get the PR card approved and delivered?

Also, do you guys have any recommendation for where should we get the photos clicked in Toronto/Mississauga/Brampton area? Do not want to get another photo request.