+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Track your PR card timeline and processing times here

Kae_be

Oct 24, 2017
Hi Folks,
I landed on Dec 9th on Surrey, BC border by car. I have my tickets booked to travel to India on evening of Jan 31st.
Current processing time is showing 54 days. I am hopeful of card arriving by that time.
Can someone please suggest following:

1-Realistically, when can I expect my card to arrive?
2-Is entry by land any faster/slower than processing time shown on CIC website?
3-What is the estimate time to get travel document from VFS new delhi. I did some research and found timeline all the way fro 5 days to 1 month. Any one has recent experience can share?
1. Sorry to bring the bad news but by current standards there is no chance. It is taking 60 days for cards to get approved and then 3-5 days for receiving them in mail so it would be around Feb 9-15 for you. Christmas holidays will only add to the delay. So no chance, unless IRCC adds more resources. (note that phot requests have also gone up).
2. Nope
3. No idea, hopefully someone else can answer.

Reactions: goodboy97

ojitos

Dec 12, 2018
Hi Folks,
I landed on Dec 9th on Surrey, BC border by car. I have my tickets booked to travel to India on evening of Jan 31st.
Current processing time is showing 54 days. I am hopeful of card arriving by that time.
Can someone please suggest following:

1-Realistically, when can I expect my card to arrive?
2-Is entry by land any faster/slower than processing time shown on CIC website?
3-What is the estimate time to get travel document from VFS new delhi. I did some research and found timeline all the way fro 5 days to 1 month. Any one has recent experience can share?
We landed October 9th in the Niagara port of Entry (Land) and our times are in compliance with everyone else. WE just got asked for photos Dec 10th.

future_PR

Jun 14, 2017
Hey folks,
I landed on Oct 24th in Vancouver. I am unable to link my PR application and I've tried to link it many times, but no luck. I wonder if there are any landed folks around the same date who has got PR card or an update on their application. Thanks.

ASAD1ASAD

Star Member
May 10, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
JULY 2016
Doc's Request.
JULY 2016
Hey folks,
I landed on Oct 24th in Vancouver. I am unable to link my PR application and I've tried to link it many times, but no luck. I wonder if there are any landed folks around the same date who has got PR card or an update on their application. Thanks.
LANDED AUGUST,RECEIVED MY PR CARD BUT TWO MONTHS LATER ASKED ME TO PROVIDE PHOTOGRAPH OF MY WIFE AND CIC RECEIVED 7TH AND 13TH,NOV. BUT WHENEVER I AM ASKING ABOUT THE STATUS SAYING PHOTO RETAKES 22 OCTOBER.
WHAT CAN I DO FROM MY PART.
PLS REPLY@

Last edited:

dell2

Feb 3, 2011
Calgary, Alberta.
Hey folks,
You need to enter full address like place of birth, etc. like if on COPR you see Chandigarh,Pun. when linking application, you need to write Chandigarh, Punjab full. only then it will accept.

future_PR

Jun 14, 2017
Helo folks,

I just called CIC today and an agent told me that my PR card was mailed to me yesterday. I landed on Oct 24th in Vancouver. Good luck!

sidroy09

Jul 26, 2013
Landed on Sept 14, 2018
Ghost update on Nov 2.
Contacted IRCC through IRCC web Form on Dec 16 and they asked me provide a mailing address, though I did that during landing.
Got PR application notice in messages on Dec 18, 2018
PR Card Approved on Dec 19, 2018 :)
But still waiting for my wife's PR Card approval, BTW we landed together.
Waiting for PR Card to arrive now. Not sure the timeline for that.

goodboy97

Feb 12, 2017
Montreal, Canada
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
26-05-2017
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
15-08-2017
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Interview........
Not Required
Landed on Nov 16th when would I ideally get it. Will these Christmas holidays also count in that 54 days or is 54 working days ?
I think its 54 calendar days.