+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Track your PR card timeline and processing times here

maria_786

Champion Member
Oct 3, 2013
Sorry idk if i should post my question here but for the inland applicants is it faster to get their PR cards if they do the landing at IRCC center or at the border? Does it really matter, my bro will be doing his landing this week in Ottawa but which way would be better ..

vishal singla

May 25, 2018
can anybody tell me how can i track my files ?what the status of my file..my file stucked more then 5 months ..no any response try many time feel hyper ...send me any link .....ip1 stage march aor ...

wonbinofchina

Dec 4, 2017
Looks like everyone has gotten a photo update request after landing... is that true?
I did my soft landing at the beginning of July and returned to USA after that, I am worried if I am going to get a photo update request?
is the request coming in email or mail?

Mseitz

Jul 25, 2018
So I’m feeling a bit worried/anxious. I’m seeing a few people have their landing interview & then a month & a few weeks later they get a “soft update” and are getting their PR cards now. I landed on May 29th in Edmonton and my status STILL says submitted. Does this mean I may get a photo request soon, or am I in the clear with that since it’s been well over 40 days? I also can’t find the number & numbers to press to get to a live person on the CIC website. I’d like to call them on Monday though, but am I not gonna get a straight answer out of them? Are they seeing stuff on my application that I can’t? Sorry, I’m a nervous wreck seeing that other people have gotten their cards before I do and they had their landing interview WAY after I have....

strikeharsh

Apr 6, 2018
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
So I’m feeling a bit worried/anxious. I’m seeing a few people have their landing interview & then a month & a few weeks later they get a “soft update” and are getting their PR cards now. I landed on May 29th in Edmonton and my status STILL says submitted. Does this mean I may get a photo request soon, or am I in the clear with that since it’s been well over 40 days? I also can’t find the number & numbers to press to get to a live person on the CIC website. I’d like to call them on Monday though, but am I not gonna get a straight answer out of them? Are they seeing stuff on my application that I can’t? Sorry, I’m a nervous wreck seeing that other people have gotten their cards before I do and they had their landing interview WAY after I have....
There is a trick to see if your landing was successsul. All of my friends including me online EE CIC account only shows counterfoil doc while received the passport stamp but only showed copr under doc list after the landing. If your EE CIC shows copr under doc list, then your landing was successful

frightenedpanda

Sep 12, 2017
So, I am confused about these "Photo Requests". I will be landing soon, should I carry extra photos of myself with me?

And I plan to leave in a week. If I get a photo resubmit request, do I have to personally visit Canada again or can I send them thru courier?

Mont_Lover

Star Member
May 26, 2018
Friends

Please let me know after how many days of landing, IRCC looks into our application for further processing. I understand that current timeline is 62 days. However, seen some of applicants status shows approved much earlier

stowkovski

Jul 16, 2018
Looks like everyone has gotten a photo update request after landing... is that true?
I did my soft landing at the beginning of July and returned to USA after that, I am worried if I am going to get a photo update request?
is the request coming in email or mail?
Yeah, it seems that 80% of applications receive a photo resubmission request, so the 62-day time window is inaccurate most of the time. Add 60 more days on top of that. It takes almost half a year for a newly-landed immigrant to receive his/her first government-issued ID without which one cannot get anything issued (ie. driver's licences, medical care card, etc.). We love Canada, but this is one thing they must definitely improve on.

Jakev

Champion Member
Sep 22, 2017
NOC Code......
0114 and 0125
AOR Received.
14-11-2017
Yeah, it seems that 80% of applications receive a photo resubmission request, so the 62-day time window is inaccurate most of the time. Add 60 more days on top of that. It takes almost half a year for a newly-landed immigrant to receive his/her first government-issued ID without which one cannot get anything issued (ie. driver's licences, medical care card, etc.). We love Canada, but this is one thing they must definitely improve on.
Incorrect- you don't need the PR card to get your driver's license, just the COPR would suffice. Again, with the health card the driver's license/a mailed bank statement would serve as minimum pieces of documentation. The COPR can be used as an adjunct to the identity documents.

The reason why the PR card isn't accepted by most government branches is because there isn't an address on it !

stowkovski

Jul 16, 2018
Incorrect- you don't need the PR card to get your driver's license, just the COPR would suffice. Again, with the health card the driver's license/a mailed bank statement would serve as minimum pieces of documentation. The COPR can be used as an adjunct to the identity documents.

The reason why the PR card isn't accepted by most government branches is because there isn't an address on it !
Nope, not in British Columbia. A CoPR will only get you a temporary piece of paper for medical or driving purposes but not the real ID. See the ICBC website: https://www.icbc.com/driver-licensing/visit-dl-office/Pages/Accepted-ID.aspx

https://ibb.co/g6KBUT

Swappy

Star Member
Mar 16, 2018
Dont worry, I did the same on May14th, and I am in the same boat as are a lot of my friends. Still submitted and waiting, its literally impossible to get hold of the call center agents. But the processing time is 62 days and they say it can take upto 6 additional weeks from that so I wouldn't worry about it.

Jakev

Champion Member
Sep 22, 2017
NOC Code......
0114 and 0125
AOR Received.
14-11-2017

benson84

Nov 16, 2017
Hi Everyone,

Landed - 29th May 2018
10 days ago, linked my pr to cic account.
26th July 2018, I saw application/ profile updated.. then it goes back to submit again.

is it ghost update..??? when can I expect my PR card.

Dorina D

Star Member
Mar 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney/Nova Scotia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2016
AOR Received.
21-02-2017
Med's Done....
Upfront,submitted on 23-03-2017
Hi Everyone,

Landed - 29th May 2018
10 days ago, linked my pr to cic account.
26th July 2018, I saw application/ profile updated.. then it goes back to submit again.

is it ghost update..??? when can I expect my PR card.
Hi,
Is the status approved now on your cic account? How does it show submited or approved?