27-04-2017
Passport Req..
20-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
09-08-2017
LANDED..........
26-03-2018
+1-613-944-4000
I just got off from the call with CIC Call center. I called the Toll Free number via Skype. After a wait of about 30 mins I finally spoke to an agent, who after a lot of questioning agreed to provide me with an update. Apparently they sent out a physical letter on the 8 May 2018 requesting for a photo resubmission for my daughter. I asked if she could possibly send me a copy of the letter via email and she declined saying that she does not have access to the letter. My relatives haven't received anything as yet, so I'm hoping they received something soon.

As per my wife's letter the applicant is provided 30 days from the date of the letter to submit the photos, else the PR card application is considered cancelled.

Has anyone tried submitting photos without the official letter request issued by the PR Card processing office? I can prepare a letter with the required details (UCI, Application #, etc ) which will accompany the new photos, but would the PR Card Processing center accept this?

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
I just got off from the call with CIC Call center. I called the Toll Free number via Skype. After a wait of about 30 mins I finally spoke to an agent, who after a lot of questioning agreed to provide me with an update. Apparently they sent out a physical letter on the 8 May 2018 requesting for a photo resubmission for my daughter. I asked if she could possibly send me a copy of the letter via email and she declined saying that she does not have access to the letter. My relatives haven't received anything as yet, so I'm hoping they received something soon.

As per my wife's letter the applicant is provided 30 days from the date of the letter to submit the photos, else the PR card application is considered cancelled.

Has anyone tried submitting photos without the official letter request issued by the PR Card processing office? I can prepare a letter with the required details (UCI, Application #, etc ) which will accompany the new photos, but would the PR Card Processing center accept this?
Yes you can prepare your own letter. You need to mention the Full Name of the applicant (your daughter in this case), her Date of Birth and UCI Number. If you have the Application Number for PR Card (starting with R), mention that too. Send this letter with the photos and mention the necessary details (Name, DOB, Studio name and address, Date of photo) at the back of one photo.

Reactions: Wandering Mind

Jamming

Star Member
Jan 30, 2015
Yes you can prepare your own letter. You need to mention the Full Name of the applicant (your daughter in this case), her Date of Birth and UCI Number. If you have the Application Number for PR Card (starting with R), mention that too. Send this letter with the photos and mention the necessary details (Name, DOB, Studio name and address, Date of photo) at the back of one photo.
That correct, that’s exactly what I do, because I did not get the official letter via mail (since they had a Jamaica address for my daughter) or via email since they had an old email address I couldn’t access. the agent I spoke with actually sent me an email (not the official letter) documenting our conversation and the need for me to send two new photos. I also printed that email and included it along with the photos.

lw03070

Jan 8, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
AINP
App. Filed.......
22-12-2016
AOR Received.
03-03-2017
Med's Request
08-01-2018
Med's Done....
11-01-2018
Passport Req..
13-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
21-03-2018
LANDED..........
05-04-2018
I have some maple stored .. if I send can they print my card? lol :)
Do me a favor please, send them double the amount, and let them make my card too lol

MDW

Apr 11, 2018
After becoming PR on 18 February 2018, PR card status shows "Approved" today. Finally waiting for card in post.
Finally received PR card today by ordinary Canada Post in white envelope with Canada written on both sides. Check my signature for details. Good luck everyone!

MDW

Apr 11, 2018
I'm in the same boat. Landed Feb 23rd, no card as yet. Called them, emailed them the response is all the same. There is an odd delay and the call centre does not seem to be aware of this, their email response says everything is in order. I'm not sure what to do at this time, can I place an appeal with my local MP on this? Does anyone know?
Check my previous post to Baahubali on appeal procedure with PR Card centre.

Durango_xx

Star Member
Oct 16, 2016
United Arab Emirates
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-05-2017
Med's Done....
27-04-2017
Passport Req..
20-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
09-08-2017
LANDED..........
26-03-2018
Thanks Maverick28!. Will get that done today

Durango_xx

Star Member
Oct 16, 2016
United Arab Emirates
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-05-2017
Med's Done....
27-04-2017
Passport Req..
20-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
09-08-2017
LANDED..........
26-03-2018
That correct, that’s exactly what I do, because I did not get the official letter via mail (since they had a Jamaica address for my daughter) or via email since they had an old email address I couldn’t access. the agent I spoke with actually sent me an email (not the official letter) documenting our conversation and the need for me to send two new photos. I also printed that email and included it along with the photos.
Unluckily the agent I spoke to was not very helpful and friendly in that aspect...

I will nonetheless prepare my own letter detailing the conversation I had. From what I heard, even CIC call center enquiries are updated on the application, so they can verify it if needed.

ASAD1ASAD

Star Member
May 10, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
JULY 2016
Doc's Request.
JULY 2016
Finally received PR card today by ordinary Canada Post in white envelope with Canada written on both sides. Check my signature for details. Good luck everyone!
Dear Sir
after immigration check for new pr holder , they will not send directly to the mentioned address( as you say the address) or they have another procedure like PNP. I am PNP Applicant , would you please let me know the details and inbox me. I will be grateful to you.
Thank You.