Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
NOC Code......
Spousal Family Class - Outland
App. Filed.......
30-05-2018
Thank you for your response. So we just need to drive to the US Border, then make u turn and come back. Can you please tell me in detail, how to do it?
Hey There,
I just did it myself (with my family) at the 1000 Island Crossing last month. Its a pretty straight forward process - go to the border and drive to the US side, tell them that you're there for landing as as PR in Canada and just flag polling. After that they will send you inside where they will check your docs and give you the white paper with your names on it. Drive back to the Canadian side, give them that piece of paper and tell them you're landing - they will then send you inside to complete the landing formalities. After that - Welcome to Canada !!!

P.S - We had a US VISA and still flag polled. You do not need a US visa to flag pole (in my case for example- my wife didn't have it). After that I cancelled my previous US VISA (as it was a student visa) and then applied for a new B1/B2 visa couple of weeks after landing - it went through easily.

All the best !!! Let me know if you have any questions.
That is right! Just make sure you carry valid documentation. Things they generally ask are your COPR, work permit/ study permit (if applicable), passport. Also, to be on the safe side carry a copy of your bank statement, I was never asked this but a few of my friends were asked to produce the same. If your also driving with someone, make sure they have the required id when returning to Canada.

Good luck.

vatsalnaik15

Oct 1, 2013
Hi All,

Activated my PR status on 17th Feb.
linked my application to CIC account on 20th March.
Waiting for an update.

Hopefully, to get it soon. I am travelling on 15th April.

Reactions: thineshbio

twinpeaks

Nov 7, 2016
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
25-03-2017
Landed Feb 13 in Toronto. Hope to get my PR card approval soon!

twinpeaks

Nov 7, 2016
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
25-03-2017
the status in my CIC account was updated to approved, for both me and my partner.

landing: Feb 13 Toronto Pearson
PR card approved: March 22

Baahubali

May 18, 2017
Does the CIC account say anything like "we are reviewing your documents" or does it directly change the status to "approved"? I submitted new photos upon request last week. Is there a way to know through mycic profile if they got back to my application?

draun16

Aug 14, 2017
Received My PR card - 15 March 2018
Landed on 27 Jan 2018 at thousand island bridge

Send your photos from Costco and its good. Never received photo request.
Thank you Canadavsisa.com and all others who helped me here.

Good Luck !!!

Reactions: Jakev

Karim82

Mar 23, 2018
Landing Date: Feb 9
Landing Port: Toronto Pearson Airport
Linked with CIC account: Not successful until March 16
Approved: March 19 (only my husband's card has been approved, mine is still in progress)
Hi carriefreaksout, Did you hear about the approval of your PR card application?

I am in the same situation. Landed, me and my wife and 3 kids on Feb 7th in Toronto airport, however, only my, my wife's and one of the kids applications were approved on March 20th. The other two are still in progress. Didn't get any photo requests yet

Coco7

Star Member
Oct 9, 2015
I've just got my card :D, my timeline is

Landing: Jan 7th (YVR Airport)
New photographs request:Feb 21st
Photographs Delivered: Feb 26th
Photographs approved: March 14th
PR Card sent for production: March 14th
Application approved: March 19th
PR card received: March 23rd.

Best of luck guys! hope everyone get their card soon.

Reactions: Shayna22

Shox

Jul 23, 2017
Hi carriefreaksout, Did you hear about the approval of your PR card application?

I am in the same situation. Landed, me and my wife and 3 kids on Feb 7th in Toronto airport, however, only my, my wife's and one of the kids applications were approved on March 20th. The other two are still in progress. Didn't get any photo requests yet
I have the same situation
Me and my wife got approved while the 2 kids are still in progress. Didnt receive a photo request neither. It is 65 days now since landing

Kntn

Mar 22, 2018
Landed in Vancouver: 26th Feb, 2018
PR Card: I'm waiting for an update.

I shall keep you guys posted. Anybody else landed around the same time?