+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Track your PR card timeline and processing times here

Fahad1402

Feb 17, 2018
Landed on 16-Dec-2017
PR Card APPROVED on Feb-05-2018
PR Card : Not Receive til date

Hi guys is this take that long to get your cards ?

puff123

Apr 11, 2017
Hi guys.

When I received my copr, one of the pictures ( of the 2 pictures I sent with my passport) was in the envelope with the copr and passport. Did I have to give to the border officer when I was landing?

namushyuu

Star Member
Nov 29, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys.

When I received my copr, one of the pictures ( of the 2 pictures I sent with my passport) was in the envelope with the copr and passport. Did I have to give to the border officer when I was landing?
Same thing happened to me as well. To be on the safe side, take your picture with you but border officer wouldn't ask you for one.

Reactions: puff123

axolotl

Star Member
Apr 17, 2017
I had to go back to Europe before receiving my PR card. I read from multiple posts that a PR needs to have his/her PR card or PRTD to be able to board a commercial airline. For this reason I asked someone to send me my PR card by post to Europe. It cost me about 18 CAD. It turned out to be an unnecessary cost.

Today I flew back to Canada, from Amsterdam to Toronto via Keflavik, with WOW Air. For both legs of the flight, I was allowed to board simply with my boarding pass and passport. No one asked for an ETA or a PR card.

Kevin567

Nov 16, 2017
I had to go back to Europe before receiving my PR card. I read from multiple posts that a PR needs to have his/her PR card or PRTD to be able to board a commercial airline. For this reason I asked someone to send me my PR card by post to Europe. It cost me about 18 CAD. It turned out to be an unnecessary cost.

Today I flew back to Canada, from Amsterdam to Toronto via Keflavik, with WOW Air. For both legs of the flight, I was allowed to board simply with my boarding pass and passport. No one asked for an ETA or a PR card.
What citizenship do you have ?

Cell

Star Member
Jul 21, 2017
Canada
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
Landed on 16-Dec-2017
PR Card APPROVED on Feb-05-2018
PR Card : Not Receive til date

Hi guys is this take that long to get your cards ?
Where in Canada do you live? I believe that in 10 days a letter should be able to travel from a side of Canada to the other. If you haven't received it yet, I suggest you to call IRCC and ask them when they shipped your card and to verify the mailing address they sent the card to.

Last edited:

namushyuu

Star Member
Nov 29, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I landed a month ago!! did you get your pr card? did they ask you to send that picture?
I landed just more than a week ago and haven't got any request yet (I know it's too early even if they would.)
But I've heard couple similar cases, where they didn't get any request after the fact. In my case, I am little worried because when I sent my picture to CPC Ottawa, I did not write my name and DOB where I should have in one of the two picture. When I received my passport back, they sent one of my picture ( the one with the stamp on it, where I forgot to write my name and DOB.) as is and that's my only concern.

Reactions: puff123

Cell

Star Member
Jul 21, 2017
Canada
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes

I remember once I had to fly from Italy to Canada when I still was with my ETA, and the woman at the check-in desk didn't want to print my tickets until I provided them with my ETA number. Technically, I don't think they would even need it, as they should be able to verify it themselves from my passport. In fact, I didn't have it with me, and I was able to get my boarding passes printed only because I showed my work permit.

So, I think this is usually something that it's not really checked before boarding, but during the check-in. I have a few questions for you, just out of curiosity:

- where you able to check-in online or you needed to check-in at the airport?
- did you need to show any proof of permanent residency (e.g. COPR, PR card) or even just an old Study/Work permit at any time?
- did you need to enter a PR confirmation number (or any other PR information) during the online check-in?

Thanks!

Cell

Star Member
Jul 21, 2017
Canada
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
My card got approved on 12th Feb but haven't received it yet. I am in Edmonton. A bit worried!
It can take about 7 to 10 days for a letter to arrive from east to west, especially considering that today it was a holiday in several provinces (I guess in Alberta too). Also, I believe after approval, it may take some days for them to mail it. If I were you, I would wait for at least one more week, then I would call IRCC.

Can I ask you when did you land btw?

grapehair

Jan 14, 2017
It can take about 7 to 10 days for a letter to arrive from east to west, especially considering that today it was a holiday in several provinces (I guess in Alberta too). Also, I believe after approval, it may take some days for them to mail it. If I were you, I would wait for at least one more week, then I would call IRCC.

Can I ask you when did you land btw?
Canada Post should be on a normal working day schedule according to their website and several others. But I believe you're right, I need to wait a few more days before calling IRCC.

I landed on 21st Dec-17.

aydogan

Nov 1, 2017
What did your friend declare while sending via DHL. Did he mention the content as PR Cards or just documents.
I have heard that courier service don't accept the shipment or charge extra if you say its PR Cards. How much did they charge ?

Thanks in advance.
My friend just stated as "document", and put the PR Card envelopes into the DHL envelop. That's it.
When you check DHL website, you'll see that they even carry passports under the name of "document".
http://www.dhl.com.tr/en/country_profile/import_guidelines_express.html

I believe this "PR Cards cannot sent via courier, or they cannot pass through the customs, etc." stories are all myth.
We paid approx 80 CAD to DHL Express, but I have a commercial account in DHL, maybe you might have to pay slightly more if you do not have any agreement.

Last edited:
Reactions: x.75

axolotl

Star Member
Apr 17, 2017
- where you able to check-in online or you needed to check-in at the airport?
I was able to check in online. I had my boarding passes printed on a machine at the airport, by manually typing in my passport number, expiration date, etc. I did not have to talk to any human.

- did you need to show any proof of permanent residency (e.g. COPR, PR card) or even just an old Study/Work permit at any time?
No.

- did you need to enter a PR confirmation number (or any other PR information) during the online check-in?
No.