+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Track your PR card timeline and processing times here

DeepakG

Aug 31, 2017
If you get a US visa, you can travel with just your COPR as long as you leave and return to Canada via car.
Is this confirmed?

I have a US visa and Indian passport (non Canada visa exempt). So, can I enter Canada by private vehicle from US and show COPR and Passport Visa? My COPR is valid till Mar18, so I guess I can use COPR to re-enter Canada before Mar18.

djmani

Star Member
Apr 23, 2017
Is this confirmed?

I have a US visa and Indian passport (non Canada visa exempt). So, can I enter Canada by private
That's correct. You can travel to US via road in private vehicle with US Visa and can re enter Canada with your passport and COPR. Though it's clearly written on COPR that's it's not for travel. But when you travel via road to and fro from US, immigration officials accept the COPR for re entry to Canada.

I recently travelled the same way without any issues.

adanac_ati

Star Member
Jan 28, 2017
That's correct. You can travel to US via road in private vehicle with US Visa and can re enter Canada with your passport and COPR. Though it's clearly written on COPR that's it's not for travel. But when you travel via road to and fro from US, immigration officials accept the COPR for re entry to Canada.

I recently travelled the same way without any issues.
Yes; i travelled in my own car and faced no issues with a COPR. Infact they dint even look at my COPR while returning from US. They just scanned the passport which probably shows them our status.

royalbengal

Jul 28, 2017
LANDED..........
16-06-2017
Please update us whenever you receive your PR card.
16-June-2017 : Landed near Vancouver
21-August-2017 : received email and found a letter on MyCIC for requesting new photos
22-August-2017 : Photos send to Sydney, NS
25-August-2017 : Photos received in Sydney, NS
29-August-2017 : Approved on MyCIC
01-September- 2017: PR Card Arrived in Metro Vancouver area

Done!

ramanujan

Aug 15, 2016
Guys ,
Do they ask for Canadian address to send PR card while landing (flag poling)?

They didn't ask me but my friend went to the same border after a week and they ask him for Canadian address. That was the only difference in the whole landing process.

Can't understand why.

Seedorf_10

Star Member
Aug 4, 2017
21-August-2017 : received email and found a letter on MyCIC for requesting new photos

Done!
Happy for you, congratulations

Seedorf_10

Star Member
Aug 4, 2017
Guys ,
Do they ask for Canadian address to send PR card while landing (flag poling)?

They didn't ask me but my friend went to the same border after a week and they ask him for Canadian address. That was the only difference in the whole landing process.

Can't understand why.
If I were you, I would call cic to check the status and address

lachy_

Star Member
May 5, 2017
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
24-11-2016
Passport Req..
4--5-2017
LANDED..........
28-06-2017

Done!
Congrats! I hope everyone who sent new photos will also receive their PR cards in no time..

Last edited:
Reactions: Seedorf_10

mysore

Jan 17, 2015
Hello,
My parents landed on May 18, 2017 in Toronto Pearson and we received a request for new photos for both of them on July 19th. We send them by mail to Sydney, NS on the same day and the tracker says that it was received on July 24th at their end. However, we havent received the PR cards yet. Is this expected or should I be worried? Appreciate your thoughts. Thanks!
Nothing yet in the mail. Is the waiting time for the card after resubmitting the photos normal ? Please let me know your thoughts. Much appreciated.

sincity84

Apr 6, 2017
Hi Friends
I have been hearing a lot about the photo re-submission request after applying for PR card at the port of landing.

I have few queries in this regard:

1) How much old photograph is required to be submitted?
2) Can we send the similar photograph which is pasted on the COPR?
3) Does CIC expect/want the photograph to be resubmitted be taken at a photo studio in Canada?
4) Can I mail/post the photograph from Outside Canada as I plan to go back to home country within a week of landing in Canada? In this case the photograph will have stamp of an Indian photo studio.

Kindly help me with my concern fellow member's.

sincity84

Apr 6, 2017
Hello guys,

My timeline is as follows:

Landing - June 07, 2017
Traveled to India - July 31, 2017
Got photos request - Aug 02, 2017
Sent photos - Aug 17, 2017
Photos to be delivered by DHL - Aug 23, 2017

Questions:

1) How long does it take for the pr card to be dispatched hoping the photos turn out to be good?
2) Any recommendations on mailing PR card to India through DHL rather than applying for a PRTD?

Thank you,
MPSR
Hi MPSR,

I am in a similar situation like your's. I will be returning back to my work location UK (I'm basically from India) after a week from landing in Canada.
Once I get the photo submit request, can I get the photographs done/made in UK and courier them to the Canada PR office address from UK?
The photographs will have stamp of an UK photo studio though.

How did you got this issue sorted?

Please share your experience and guide me.

MonuTalli

Star Member
Jan 24, 2015
Hyderabad, INDIA
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
16th May 2016
AOR Received.
25th June 2016
IELTS Request
UP Front
Med's Request
UP Front
Passport Req..
15th February 2017
VISA ISSUED...
21-02-2017
LANDED..........
18-05-2017
Hello All,

We are a family of 3 landed on 18th May and received a request to submit photos. we sent our photos to PR card processing center and they received on 3rd August. But we have not received our PR card yet. Can someone please let us know how much time they are taking to send PR cards these days ??

Thanks in advance.

avanipatil

Dec 11, 2016
Hey Guys,
I landed on 5th of July and received card in the mailbox on 31st of August.
Please note: the wiered part is it was mailed to my previous address. Not sure why is it lucky my previous house owners are kind enough that they called me informed abt the mail.

Reactions: Seedorf_10

RabinJi

Champion Member
Feb 3, 2014
Penticton,B.C
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Doc's Request.
21-07-2016
AOR Received.
13th June
Passport Req..
14,June,2017
LANDED..........
18/07/2017
No updates guys who landed on July?Lets hope positive in this week.
Cheers