+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Track your PR card timeline and processing times here

royalbengal

Jul 28, 2017
LANDED..........
16-06-2017
I got a request to submit new photos, but this was only after i called them up since i had not heard from them for 4 months (landed april 28). they sent me an email but there was no PDF attachment, just the email with a link to the photo specifications. can you advise if i need to send anything else outside of the photos requested?
2 photos + copy of the letter that you received for photo request + biographic information page of your passport + copy of CoPR doc

Reactions: Seedorf_10

RabinJi

Champion Member
Feb 3, 2014
Penticton,B.C
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Doc's Request.
21-07-2016
AOR Received.
13th June
Passport Req..
14,June,2017
LANDED..........
18/07/2017
Guys anybody who landed on July got approved or not yet?Guys i landed on 18th July so is there any chances to request the new photos or i am good.There is nothing yet changed in my cic account,and i will be traveling to my home country on September 25,hope i could get my card before my departure date.
Rabin

Last edited:

Seedorf_10

Star Member
Aug 4, 2017
Guys anybody who landed on August got approved or not yet?Guys i landed on 18th July so is there any chances to request the new photos or i am good.There is nothing yet changed in my cic account,and i will be traveling to my home country on September 25,hope i could get my card before my departure date.
Rabin
I landed on same day, nothing changed in my CIC page although I have one of my kids status as "pending registration" since then, all others are "submitted", anyway I hope you get your cards before your departure, in fact if no photo requested you should get them before your travel

Reactions: RabinJi

RabinJi

Champion Member
Feb 3, 2014
Penticton,B.C
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Doc's Request.
21-07-2016
AOR Received.
13th June
Passport Req..
14,June,2017
LANDED..........
18/07/2017
I landed on same day, nothing changed in my CIC page although I have one of my kids status as "pending registration" since then, all others are "submitted", anyway I hope you get your cards before your departure, in fact if no photo requested you should get them before your travel
Thank you so much for your prompt response.Good Luck for all of us.
Rabin

my_yute

Star Member
Feb 22, 2017
Hi Friends,
I got a CIC account update today (no email yet).
Landed July 7
PR Card approved August 29
I anticipate that I will be receiving my card in the mail soon.
Best wishes to all of us still waiting for our PR cards.
Cheers!

adrlim

Nov 18, 2016
Hi guys,

Been reading about this issue of photos needing retake. Just wondering if your photos where actually taken while you were overseas? Any who took them locally here faced this issue? I read in the forum that people recommended taking the pic at Costco for submission, so also wondering if anyone who took pics at Costco was asked to retake photos?

Thanks

RabinJi

Champion Member
Feb 3, 2014
Penticton,B.C
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Doc's Request.
21-07-2016
AOR Received.
13th June
Passport Req..
14,June,2017
LANDED..........
18/07/2017
Hi Friends,
I got a CIC account update today (no email yet).
Landed July 7
PR Card approved August 29
I anticipate that I will be receiving my card in the mail soon.
Best wishes to all of us still waiting for our PR cards.
Cheers!
Congrats now they have started to process for the applicants who landed on july. Finger crossed.

lachy_

Star Member
May 5, 2017
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
24-11-2016
Passport Req..
4--5-2017
LANDED..........
28-06-2017
I got a request to submit new photos, but this was only after i called them up since i had not heard from them for 4 months (landed april 28). they sent me an email but there was no PDF attachment, just the email with a link to the photo specifications. can you advise if i need to send anything else outside of the photos requested?
In my case, the email from CIC has attachment letter which you should include together with the photos. I wasnt asked to attach passport bio or COPR. The letter clearly specifies the instruction. I don't have any update on MyCIC either.

lachy_

Star Member
May 5, 2017
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
24-11-2016
Passport Req..
4--5-2017
LANDED..........
28-06-2017
Please be reminded to always check the Spam or Promotion folder especially for those waiting for almost 2 months. The photo request for my spouse was sent to my Promotion folder, I don't know why. I didn't get any message on MyCIC either.

kimi_pat

Star Member
May 2, 2017
Hello everyone,

First of all, I would like to thank everyone for their continuous support & assistance in this forum. I have been following this forum for a while and it has been really helpful to get help in any subjects regarding Canadian immigration.

I am a CEC inland applicant and my AOR is May 21st. I am in NA2 stage at the moment. I am hoping I will get PPR in mid to late September looking at the current progress in CEC category.

I am planning to go to India for a few months once I get my passport back with PR visa stamp. My medical expires in May 2018 so hopefully PR visa will be valid till May, 2018 as well. I want to travel to few countries in Asia and then come back to Canada. And I am a bit confused in landing procedure and PR card arrival. Please see below two options and advise which one is best:

Option – 1

Once I get PR visa stamp in my passport, I can do the landing procedure at one of many Port of Entries ( Niagara Falls ) and then leave to India in a week or two. I can give my friend’s address for PR card to be mailed to. He is also going to India in Dec so he can bring my PR card with him. I can then come back to Canada. My return date is flexible so I can wait a bit longer till I get PR card in my hand in India. So while returning to Canada, will border officials ask me how come I left the country just after landing and without receiving PR card myself? Will it create any issue? In this case, I can come back any time since I will have PR card in my hand. There will not be any limit or expiry date to enter Canada. Please confirm this if someone can.

Option – 2

Once I get PR visa stamp in my passport, I can fly to India in a week without landing. I can then stay in India and visit few countries for few months and then come back to Canada and finish landing procedure before May, 2018. In this case, will it create any issues if I would have visited few countries in Asia and have those additional visa stamps from those countries?

Option – 3

For some reason, if I don’t get my PR card while I am in India after landing, I can apply for PR Travel document and use it to enter in Canada without PR card. How difficult is the process for applying PRTD? Will border officers ask me any questions?

Option-4

While coming back to Canada, I can then fly to USA and cross the border by rental car using my COPR which is legal as I found in previous threads. In this case, will border officers ask me any questions?

Please give your input. Any advice or help would be highly appreciated. Thank you.

Cheers!

AsadA

Sep 3, 2015
Did you request to urgently process your PR card? OR, you simply sent your pictures along the required docs?
What I have learnt from this thread is that after resubmitting the photos again we have to wait for around 60 days. What is the reason for quick processing of your Photos for PR Card (only 4 days)?
16-June-2017 : Landed near Vancouver
21-August-2017 : received email and found a letter on MyCIC for requesting new photos
22-August-2017 : Photos send to Sydney, NS
25-August-2017 : Photos received in Sydney, NS
29-August-2017 : Approved on MyCIC

andrew6

May 24, 2017
Guys anybody who landed on July got approved or not yet?Guys i landed on 18th July so is there any chances to request the new photos or i am good.There is nothing yet changed in my cic account,and i will be traveling to my home country on September 25,hope i could get my card before my departure date.
Rabin
i landed on July 05 - My application got approved yesterday! Also they mailed my card day before yesterday.