+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Track your PR card timeline and processing times here

engage

Star Member
Apr 5, 2017
Hi Guys,

I have got a quick question I have landed on July 25th 2017 in Ottawa office can you guys tell me what is the trend these days I have checked online the processing time shown as 61 days is it taking exactly the same timeline or is the card arriving before 61 days based on that I want to plan my travel , can anyone please guide me here
Processing time does vary slightly in some cases but on an average it is 61 days to 70 days in most of the cases. But I would recommend to keep some buffer days/ weeks while planning for travel.
Some of the forum members were asked to resubmit their photographs and that added few weeks in their processing time. So plan accordingly. Good luck!

Reactions: ROBH

ROBH

Apr 5, 2017
Processing time does vary slightly in some cases but on an average it is 61 days to 70 days in most of the cases. But I would recommend to keep some buffer days/ weeks while planning for travel.
Some of the forum members were asked to resubmit their photographs and that added few weeks in their processing time. So plan accordingly. Good luck!
Thanks for the info

djmani

Star Member
Apr 23, 2017
But I am only going for 7 days. I don't think my card will come by then. Plus time needed to courier that card to SFO before Sep 6th.. that too to a hostel. It's not safe and doesn't make sense.

What if it gets lost or delayed!
Yeah it shouldn't be couriered rather delivered personally via a trustworthy source if possible.

In my opinion you should cross border via road and then take a domestic flight in states (or any international flight starting from US) and re enter back to Canada same way via road. This way your COPR is enough. They don't bother that much when you enter/leave country with COPR via road. Aslo you can tell your situation to the immigration officer at the border. They can confirm the above procedure and hence you'll have peace of mind.

mahmud2060

Feb 22, 2012
I landed on June 9th, checked my CIC account couple of minutes ago. It shows "approved". Waiting to get my PR card finally.

gibarino

Aug 12, 2016
Brazil
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19/08/2016
Doc's Request.
19/10/2016
AOR Received.
13/11/2016
JUST IGNORE ME! After reading the thread and doing some googling I found it! Have liked applications! thank you all!

Guys, I was looking for PR card receiving times and I just got really confused with this thread. You are all talking about linking your application and I'm really confused.

I arrived at the airport, did the landing there and have been waiting patiently for my pr card. Should I have done something in my cic area?

If yes, what? Where can I find that?

Thank you all for the help. I went as further down as possible but I'm still confused about messages.

Thanks anyone who can clear this out.

Last edited:

fido_dido

Jul 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2016
Doc's Request.
November 2016
AOR Received.
April 2016
Med's Done....
December 2016
Passport Req..
5th January 2017
VISA ISSUED...
11th January 2017
Here is my current situation and need support and help from experts please :)

1// I landed 15th of June 2017
2// yesterday , got a letter for myself only to re-submit photos again
3// Called CIC PR cards phone number ( being on hold for 41 minutes :) :) ) and the lady told me that I need to submit new photos also for my wife and son

The questions below :

1//I'm currently outside Canada to finish some work and will be back soon , so should I send these photos from inside Canada or from anywhere would be OK ?
2// How much time on average it will take to approve and send the PR cards after the new photos are submitted ?

Thanks all for your help and support :) :)