Dec 21, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
January 21, 2017
Does anyone know why it takes over a month for IRCC to print PR card after landing? Do they need to verify something or because the line itself is just that long...

lifein360

Jan 23, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Jan 17, 2017
Med's Done....
Feb 20, 2017
Passport Req..
Mar 20, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 24, 2017
LANDED..........
Apr 23, 2017
Does anyone know why it takes over a month for IRCC to print PR card after landing? Do they need to verify something or because the line itself is just that long...
What is interesting is drivers license and health cards take only 2-3 weeks for a major urban area. No idea why PR cards take so long - maybe just the queue - although I would assume a machine would print these fairly quicky ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

mondzxy

Apr 24, 2016
Got my PR card yesterday, May 12th.

Landed on the 26th March in Montreal.

Good luck to all waiting!
Congrats!

May I ask if Montreal is your destination city / place of residence? Do you know when your card was mailed out from Sydney, NS? Thanks

onlymtl

Star Member
Dec 30, 2013
@mondzxy

Yes, Montreal is my place of residence. I was already residing in Montreal before on a WP.

AFAIK, the card is mailed out from Ottawa..that's what the CIC agents told me on the phone.

mondzxy

Apr 24, 2016
@mondzxy

Yes, Montreal is my place of residence. I was already residing in Montreal before on a WP.

AFAIK, the card is mailed out from Ottawa..that's what the CIC agents told me on the phone.
Thanks for responding. I landed on 25 Mar in Toronto, but I'm residing in Winnipeg. CIC told me the card was mailed on 9 May but did not indicate if sent from Ottawa or NS. May I ask how long it took to receive the cards from being mailed out? Also if you could share if it was sent as Lettermail. Cheers.