+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Track your PR card timeline and processing times here

OhMyCanada!

Sep 1, 2015
Hello guys,

Seniors, may you please clarify this grey area for me: I have read here on this forum that the COPR photos that PR applicants are handing in are either 35 X45 mm or 50 X70 mm depending on the COPR that the LVO has used. However, I also learnt here that photo rejections happen randomly, with one person in a family's lot of photos being accepted, whilst others get rejected, for whatever reason, yet they used the same photographer on the day of shooting. My concern is which photos are really the correct ones; the 35 X45 OR the 50 X70 mm? If you say the 50 X70 mm, why would LVO then continue to issue COPR with photo specs that are for 35 X45 mm, and these get accepted at the port of landing, only to be rejected at the production stage, is that right? If these were indeed phased out, I would think even at all ports of entry, the staff should now be aware of that fact, and not accept the 35 X45 mm size then? Who can confidently say that it is ONLY the 50 X 70 mm now required, and the 35 X45 mm are definitely no longer used? Or are we saying both are accepted, but at the point of quality checks during production, any of these two specs can still be rejected and one has to redo the photos? What is the correct position here?

I am worried because my COPR had the 35 X45 mm, and that is what I handed in on 14 October 2016 when I landed at Toronto and was accepted by IO, so am not sure whether to now redo the 50 X70 mm and forward before its too late?

PLEASE HELP GUYS......

Hot2Cold

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
OhMyCanada! said:
Hello guys,

Seniors, may you please clarify this grey area for me: I have read here on this forum that the COPR photos that PR applicants are handing in are either 35 X45 mm or 50 X70 mm depending on the COPR that the LVO has used. However, I also learnt here that photo rejections happen randomly, with one person in a family's lot of photos being accepted, whilst others get rejected, for whatever reason, yet they used the same photographer on the day of shooting. My concern is which photos are really the correct ones; the 35 X45 OR the 50 X70 mm? If you say the 50 X70 mm, why would LVO then continue to issue COPR with photo specs that are for 35 X45 mm, and these get accepted at the port of landing, only to be rejected at the production stage, is that right? If these were indeed phased out, I would think even at all ports of entry, the staff should now be aware of that fact, and not accept the 35 X45 mm size then? Who can confidently say that it is ONLY the 50 X 70 mm now required, and the 35 X45 mm are definitely no longer used? Or are we saying both are accepted, but at the point of quality checks during production, any of these two specs can still be rejected and one has to redo the photos? What is the correct position here?

I am worried because my COPR had the 35 X45 mm, and that is what I handed in on 14 October 2016 when I landed at Toronto and was accepted by IO, so am not sure whether to now redo the 50 X70 mm and forward before its too late?

PLEASE HELP GUYS......
Wow! Long question - but a short answer is no one really knows for sure. If your PR card photo is not up to the standards at the time, you will be asked for a new photo. This is done for each individual PR card and not the whole family.

So, there is no real need to supply new photos till asked for. If and when you are asked, then supply a photo with the specs that they specify then. Otherwise all should be fine.

People are getting PR cards in 27 days or less. The official timeline - as of this writing - is still 41 days, so wait at least till then. After that call IRCC (+1 613-944-4000) and ask about your PR cards, and they will inform you if they are printed, dispatched or if they need new photos.

OhMyCanada!

Sep 1, 2015
Thanks Hot2Cold,

I agree with you.....I think it just depends on the quality of the picture(how it was taken, how it appears) when they put it for production. In any case the size/dimensions should not really matter I guess because they can adjust the size by enlarging the 35 X45 mm to the 50 X70 mm should they require it to be that specific dimension using the machines(any photo can be enlarged , right?).....but the issue only come is if the picture is blurred, or darkish etc such that it will not come out clearly as they print the PR card.....I think that's when they then require new photos......just my own analysis.

Thanks again.....will wait until about 30 days and then check with them.....

CanDreamerz

Star Member
Jan 4, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-02-2016
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
OINP: 01-02-2016
AOR Received.
20-02-2016
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
05-05-2016
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
15-03-2016
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
01-09-2016
VISA ISSUED...
08-09-2016
LANDED..........
25-10-2016
Hi Guys!!

A quick question on PR Card Application.

I did my short landing last week and I informed the officer that I would be returning back next week.
She had asked about my local address and said that the PR card will be mailed to this address. She did not ask for any photographs.

However after going through some of the websites and forums, I'm bit confused!!
Should I be submitting any forms (IMM5444E) in order to receive the PR card along with the photograph?

Wanted to check if I'm missing something!!

hungrypanda

Feb 28, 2016
Oh, my card arrived. It was pretty quick. A total of 22 days.

Landing Date: Sep 26, 2016
Card Dispatch Date: Oct 18, 2016
Card Arrival Date: Oct 25, 2016

Cheers!

SecularFirst

Nov 21, 2015
hungrypanda said:

Cheers!
Where did you do your landing, land border or CIC office?

jd93

Star Member
Oct 24, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
12-10-16
AOR Received.
24-10-16
hope for the best
AOR & file submitted 24 October, 2016

kkart

Jul 27, 2016
hungrypanda said:

Cheers!
Congrats on receiving your PR card so quickly! :) :)

Just wondering how do you know your card was despatched on Oct 18? Where do you track its status?

Also, did you land at Peace Arch border or Pacific Highway?

hungrypanda

Feb 28, 2016
SecularFirst said:
Where did you do your landing, land border or CIC office?
Airport. I dont think it matters for the processing timeline, though.
If it helps, I am an inland applicant. The photgraphs were also taken in Canada and I think the photographer knew what she was doing. There was no request for new photos. That also added to the quick turnaround.

hungrypanda

Feb 28, 2016
kkart said:
Congrats on receiving your PR card so quickly! :) :)

Just wondering how do you know your card was despatched on Oct 18? Where do you track its status?

Also, did you land at Peace Arch border or Pacific Highway?
It was the Vancouver airport.
I called them at +1 613 944 4000 (thanks to @yodheydhara for the number) because I lost CoPR after landing and couldnt get my SIN or travel. I just wanted to see if they would expedite my case. Turned out they were done with my case.

GoHaPPyCaN

May 16, 2016
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 19th
Doc's Request.
May 2nd
Nomination.....
Cancelled
AOR Received.
April 20th
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
No
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
May 10th
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
September 28th
VISA ISSUED...
October 6th
LANDED..........
Already in CaNaDa !
hungrypanda said:

Cheers!
Great !! Still waiting for mine (13th October).

hungrypanda

Feb 28, 2016
yodheydhara said:
@Hungry Panda, I think you might get an email - either to your personal email (the one you have mentioned in your profile) or the email you have used for all correspondence in your CIC application (where you must have got the updates whenever something changed in your profile). You might be able to send the photos to the CPC Ottawa or the local CPC in your country if you are out of Canada (I think).
Also, you might want to call on this number: +1 613 944 4000. You might have to wait for a long time (around 7 - 10 minutes) till you get to an agent, but they should be able to answer your questions.
Good luck! :)
Thanks for the number! It helped me get the status and a good news! :)