+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Track your PR card timeline and processing times here

kkart

Jul 27, 2016
Landed on Oct 18 at Peace Arch Border. :) :)

When I went to sign up for a SIN number to Service Canada, they said they haven't received my information yet. :( :( How long does they take to receive landing information? Has anyone experienced this before?

Also, I am planning to leave Canada next week, is it safe to ask a friend to mail the PR card to India once it arrives?

Thanks!

riasat.abir

Aug 9, 2012
Burnaby
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
2015-12-17
AOR Received.
2016-02-22
Med's Done....
2016-03-09
Passport Req..
2016-08-17
VISA ISSUED...
2016-08-30
LANDED..........
2016-09-09
kkart said:
Landed on Oct 18 at Peace Arch Border. :) :)

When I went to sign up for a SIN number to Service Canada, they said they haven't received my information yet. :( :( How long does they take to receive landing information? Has anyone experienced this before?

Also, I am planning to leave Canada next week, is it safe to ask a friend to mail the PR card to India once it arrives?

Thanks!
It should be updated within a week. I got my new SIN next week.
And yeah it's safe as long as you trust your friend.

Aminow

Star Member
Jun 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-08-2014
Doc's Request.
07-07-2015 Updated Schedule A background declaration
Nomination.....
12-12-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
09-09-2015
Med's Done....
02-01-2016
Passport Req..
15-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
04-02-2016
LANDED..........
22-08-2016
arc_1090 said:
Thank you for the information. Can you please tell which city are you from?
I am in Toronto and delivered photos (re-submission request) on the 7th. So I am assuming 2.5 weeks from the time they were delivered based on your timeline (But not sure if its the same for any city)
Toronto

hungrypanda

Feb 28, 2016
Hey there!

I landed on Sep 26, 2016 and am still waiting for a PR card. I know it typically takes 41 days.
Often I read a post that talks about photo retake for PR card.

* How does one receive this request? Email, CIC update, or Canada Post?
* How is one supposed to send a new set of photos back?
* Why do some photos get rejected? From what I read, they were perfectly fine.

I need to travel and need to arrange a friend to take care of these for me. That's why I am asking.
Thank you for your help!

yodheydhara

Sep 12, 2016
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
09-10-2016
I landed on Oct-09-2016. Waiting for PR Cards. I have already come back to US to resume my work and have provided a relative's address during the landing procedure. I was told that this was okay.
However, what I am not sure is that once my relative receives the PR cards, can he send those to me to the US by overnight courier? Is that allowed and is it safe?

Thanks in advance guys!

yodheydhara

Sep 12, 2016
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
09-10-2016
hungrypanda said:
Hey there!

I landed on Sep 26, 2016 and am still waiting for a PR card. I know it typically takes 41 days.

I need to travel and need to arrange a friend to take care of these for me. That's why I am asking.
Thank you for your help!
@Hungry Panda, I think you might get an email - either to your personal email (the one you have mentioned in your profile) or the email you have used for all correspondence in your CIC application (where you must have got the updates whenever something changed in your profile). You might be able to send the photos to the CPC Ottawa or the local CPC in your country if you are out of Canada (I think).
Also, you might want to call on this number: +1 613 944 4000. You might have to wait for a long time (around 7 - 10 minutes) till you get to an agent, but they should be able to answer your questions.
Good luck! :)

dr-kk

Jun 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
can some seiors whatn are the timeliness on ecas regarding PR card status for delivery.

thanks

vikrant1603

Star Member
Feb 13, 2016
I was looking at the PR card form, I had a couple of doubts:

- The date of becoming a permanent resident is the date when we arrive in Canada, right? or is it the date when we received the visa

- There are columns where we have to mention the address history from the time of becoming a PR of Canada, in case of people who are landing for the first time will have to keep this space blank? or do we have to fill in the address history in our home country for the past 5 years??

sachinsoman1988

Oct 19, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2016
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
08-01-2016
IELTS Request
None
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
24-01-2016
Passport Req..
11-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
15-07-2016
LANDED..........
26-09-2016
vikrant1603 said:
I was looking at the PR card form, I had a couple of doubts:

- The date of becoming a permanent resident is the date when we arrive in Canada, right? or is it the date when we received the visa

- There are columns where we have to mention the address history from the time of becoming a PR of Canada, in case of people who are landing for the first time will have to keep this space blank? or do we have to fill in the address history in our home country for the past 5 years??
If you are landing for the first time, u dont have to fill the form. IO will apply for your first PR card!!

arc_1090

Star Member
Sep 4, 2015
hungrypanda said:
Hey there!

Thank you for your help!
1. You will be sent with an email with the email address provided to CIC for correspondence.
2. The email will contain instructions to send new photographs (they need 2 photos sent to an NS province address)
3. They do not specify the reason, only that you need to send photos due to invalid specification is mentioned in the reason. (It could be the dimensions on their system or the content that we submit on the back of photograph, best known to them).

I think if you are in Canada, most photo studios know the dimensions (still let them know its for PR card) and they will do the rest. To be on the safe side, you can just take two pictures and leave it with your friend if need be (to send them per request).
Hope you don't get request :)

vik20

Aug 17, 2016
Just an update:
Landed on 17th September at Rainbow bridge, Niagara and received PR card on the 21st October. Well, that escalated quickly!
All the best to those who are waiting.

aa105942

Star Member
Jun 7, 2014
vik20 said:
Just an update:
Landed on 17th September at Rainbow bridge, Niagara and received PR card on the 21st October. Well, that escalated quickly!
All the best to those who are waiting.
Thanks for updating us