Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
30/05/2016 Montréal, and became PR
Hi all,
I have been absent here for a while. Landed in June, We got PR cards on Sept 6th, after photo request for all five family members. My wife sent my card to a friend travelling to Cameroon. I am still on my job.

vikrant1603

Star Member
Feb 13, 2016
Aminow said:
1.U can land anywhere apart from Quebec. 2. POF can be cash, bank draft or even bank statement. U can carry as much as u want even millions as long as u can explain the source but minimum should be the amount mentioned by CIC depending on the number of members in ur family. 3. PR card application will be initiated by the immigration officer. You have to provide local Canadian address to the IO. Roughly it will take 40 days for the cards to be delivered to the adress if there is no issues with your pictures. Once you land, you will officially become a permanent resident and u can live anywhere in Canada. Until u get ur cards u will use the COPR for services such as opening bank accounts, applying for SIN etc. U will only need your PR card if u travel outside Canada and want to go back through commercial transportation.

Have a safe trip. November is cold so make sure to take some warm clothes.
Thanks for the reply...but if I am carrying cash & TCs, the proof will be the receipts only, so there will be no formal POF letter with me? will that do. And then when do I declare this amount to customs as this will be >CAD 10000. never realized such a simple thing can be so confusing :(

Sun88

May 28, 2014
Hi Everyone,

I landed on October 22 at Rainbow bridge, Niagara falls. Waiting for the cards now.

Thanks,
Sun88

riasat.abir

Aug 9, 2012
Burnaby
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
2015-12-17
AOR Received.
2016-02-22
Med's Done....
2016-03-09
Passport Req..
2016-08-17
VISA ISSUED...
2016-08-30
LANDED..........
2016-09-09
My wife received her pr card yesterday (2 weeks after I got mine)
So, the ritual is completed!
Now 4 years long await to the next step..

hungrypanda

Feb 28, 2016
vikrant1603 said:
Thanks for the reply...but if I am carrying cash & TCs, the proof will be the receipts only, so there will be no formal POF letter with me? will that do. And then when do I declare this amount to customs as this will be >CAD 10000. never realized such a simple thing can be so confusing :(
Immigration and customs are conceptually different, right. Immigration is concerned about you and you alone. Customs is concerned about what you bring with you.
The cash and the receipt (with amount mentioned) for the traveler's checks are perfectly acceptable form of 'proof of funds' for immigration.
The cash and the traveler's checks are also monetary instruments and need to be declared if exceeding >10k.

On the flight, you will be given a customs form. Fill it up and check the box for 'I am carrying monetary instruments greater than CAD10000'.

When you land, you will first reach the customs booth. They may ask you about the source of the money and why you are bring it in. Answer the questions and they will direct you to the immigration for paper work. Done.
Thus simplified. :)

MrTee

Nov 18, 2015
Just received an email saying thst i need to submit new photos, landed on 26 September.

1. What documents/forms should i submit along ?
2. The address given is a po box, is there an adress for courier ?
3. I received requesting my photos to be submitted, the letter did not mention my dependents, will i be receiving separate letter(s) , if any ?

Thanks

sachinsoman1988

Oct 19, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2016
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
08-01-2016
IELTS Request
None
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
24-01-2016
Passport Req..
11-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
15-07-2016
LANDED..........
26-09-2016
MrTee said:
Just received an email saying thst i need to submit new photos, landed on 26 September.

3. I received requesting my photos to be submitted, the letter did not mention my dependents, will i be receiving separate letter(s) , if any ?

Thanks
We landed on the same date and I am waiting. Can you please share the e-mail address from where the email was sent?

Thanks
Sachin

MrTee

Nov 18, 2015
sachinsoman1988 said:
We landed on the same date and I am waiting. Can you please share the e-mail address from where the email was sent?

Thanks
Sachin
Permanent-Resident-Card@cic.gc.ca

arc_1090

Star Member
Sep 4, 2015
MrTee said:

You need to send that letter with two photos (make sure to write details behind one of them) to the address mentioned. Those are the only instructions (as far as I remember)

No, you only have that one (given) address.

I am not too sure about this one, but look into this forum, i think some people have mentioned about it.

Thanks

vikrant1603

Star Member
Feb 13, 2016
hungrypanda said:
Immigration and customs are conceptually different, right. Immigration is concerned about you and you alone. Customs is concerned about what you bring with you.
The cash and the receipt (with amount mentioned) for the traveler's checks are perfectly acceptable form of 'proof of funds' for immigration.
The cash and the traveler's checks are also monetary instruments and need to be declared if exceeding >10k.

On the flight, you will be given a customs form. Fill it up and check the box for 'I am carrying monetary instruments greater than CAD10000'.

When you land, you will first reach the customs booth. They may ask you about the source of the money and why you are bring it in. Answer the questions and they will direct you to the immigration for paper work. Done.
Thus simplified. :)
Thanks for the reply...if i carry a currency card, does that also count as a monetary instrument as then i will not have to declare it? And will its reciept be accepted as a prrof of fund?

hungrypanda

Feb 28, 2016
vikrant1603 said:
Thanks for the reply...if i carry a currency card, does that also count as a monetary instrument as then i will not have to declare it? And will its reciept be accepted as a prrof of fund?
Yes, that is also a monetary instrument. Dude, just declare it unless you want to hide the source of the money (i.e., terrorism, drug trade, prostitution ring, or any other crime).
In any other case, you will be safe to just answer where the money is from - "salary, savings, whatever".
Reason you are bringing it in: "to show the funds to immigration"

You will good. Do not hide, do not lie.

vikrant1603

Star Member
Feb 13, 2016
hungrypanda said:
Yes, that is also a monetary instrument. Dude, just declare it unless you want to hide the source of the money (i.e., terrorism, drug trade, prostitution ring, or any other crime).
In any other case, you will be safe to just answer where the money is from - "salary, savings, whatever".
Reason you are bringing it in: "to show the funds to immigration"

You will good. Do not hide, do not lie.
Thanks a ton!!

dtoc

Jun 19, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-01-2016
AOR Received.
12-01-2016
Med's Done....
24-01-2016
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
21-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
06-07-2016
LANDED..........
23-08-2016
Me and my wife landed in Vancouver on August 23rd 2016. My wife's PR card arrived somewhere around the 21st of September, so very quickly, but I am still waiting for mine. I'm starting to feel a little nervous that the card may have been lost by Canada Post.
I need to call the IRCC to find out what happened, as I haven't received any communications about the PR card application. The time difference makes it rather tricky unfortunately.

sachinsoman1988

Oct 19, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2016
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
08-01-2016
IELTS Request
None
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
24-01-2016
Passport Req..
11-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
15-07-2016
LANDED..........
26-09-2016
MrTee said:
Thanks.

I received another letter requesting my dependents photo.
In E-Mail?