Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
30-11-2015
temzmama said:
Thanks. Just called the number and was told I need to send another passport photo. After 3 months, no email....nothing.
Apparently they are rejecting alot of photos. I think as a general rule, once you don't get the PR cards within the 41days (or 49 whatever days) on their website then call to find out because i called twice before getting the letter to resubmit photos.

One_Topsy

Champion Member
Sep 12, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
30-11-2015
CanBC said:
Why though if they meet the specs?
Who knows, its simply the trend based on recent events.

jc94

Mar 14, 2016
Just throwing this out there, I don't know this, but I came across the new list of requirements at home the other day and noticed how it said they have to be taken professionally.

I wonder, people who have had them rejected, how did you get them taken? A photo booth wouldn't work in my opinion (not least because the size is going to be very hard to get). I imagine London Drugs and I know the place I went have a guy with a digital camera and they print to about 20 different sizes based on if you need a PR card, India visa or Germany passport (or anything else).

It would be helpful if CIC could confirm why they don't meet requirements though, has anyone tried asking them the reason their photo was rejected? The letter someone posted - helpful to see, but it's very lacking in detail. Like "Your photo was not taken professionally" or "It was too small", "You didn't look criminal enough", "You were smiling" etc... would be helpful.

As would telling people it was invalid well in advance of 40/60/90 days or even at landing of course.

TAHA1111

Star Member
Nov 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
lvo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16 july 2014
Doc's Request.
17 June 2015
Nomination.....
13 nov. 14
Med's Request
17th June 15
Med's Done....
27th June 15, newborn medical was done on 1st Nov 15
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
22nd March.2016
we r family of 4.Got 2 pr cards and for 2 members on enquiry came to know that new photos are needed
Landed all on 19th june

dublinfunk

Star Member
Apr 11, 2015
I called CIC today and they also advised me that I need to take my photos... after more than 3 months of waiting. I went to London Drugs today and will have it UPS to them today.

According to CIC representative, it could be a lot of things. The system rejected the photos and not a person. CBSA at border didnt really have a clue if the photos will pass the computer imaging until the photos are sent to Sydney for production.

Anyway, we can feel bad about these events or we can remember the time that we were waiting for a COPR (this is what I am trying to console myself).

Cheers and have a great weekend everyone.

CanBC

Star Member
Feb 16, 2016
So I was told 52 days for my PR card when I landed (Im not there yet though).

If nothing comes through after 52 days should I then call them or should I do sooner/later then that?

One_Topsy

Champion Member
Sep 12, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
30-11-2015
TAHA1111 said:
we r family of 4.Got 2 pr cards and for 2 members on enquiry came to know that new photos are needed
Landed all on 19th june
And did the 4 members take their photos together? Interesting that only 2 were rejected

TAHA1111

Star Member
Nov 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
lvo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16 july 2014
Doc's Request.
17 June 2015
Nomination.....
13 nov. 14
Med's Request
17th June 15
Med's Done....
27th June 15, newborn medical was done on 1st Nov 15
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
22nd March.2016
One_Topsy said:
And did the 4 members take their photos together? Interesting that only 2 were rejected
Yes same studio though

jc94

Mar 14, 2016
TAHA1111 said:
Yes same studio though
That is really bizarre.

dublinfunk said:
According to CIC representative, it could be a lot of things. The system rejected the photos and not a person. CBSA at border didnt really have a clue if the photos will pass the computer imaging until the photos are sent to Sydney for production.

Anyway, we can feel bad about these events or we can remember the time that we were waiting for a COPR (this is what I am trying to console myself).
I'd say that the border guys should have the same machine to validate it. Or if it's electronic, make it an online form where you can upload and validate your photo! How much time and money would that save everyone! At least you have, as you say, your COPR (and are a PR even if you can't easily leave the country!)

CanBC said:
So I was told 52 days for my PR card when I landed (Im not there yet though).

If nothing comes through after 52 days should I then call them or should I do sooner/later then that?
Well the CBSA don't actually know in my opinion. I think most of them just say about xx days and that's the good ones who keep an eye on the CIC site (or more likely, their management does).
And the site isn't exactly accurate. But they'll tell you, at best, what the site says when you land. So when I landed, it said 60 days or something and I was told about two months.
That's at the time, now they've (apparently) sped up, and it's now 40 days.

Personally, - I'd give it 1-2 week grace due to Canada Post, and ring up on the basis of you reach the date currently listed plus the grace period.
So if you are at like 48 days now ... that's 8 days grace, so give them a ring Monday. Can't hurt right?

I rang at 59 days, site showed 41, claimed to have sent day before, which would be Tuesday though, Ottawa to Toronto post takes > 3 days :eek:

For my own impatient question, anyone any idea how long the post takes? I know a few people got the "oh we just sent it yesterday" line which makes me extremely suspicious!

pillow

Star Member
Apr 18, 2016
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
29-12-2015
Doc's Request.
14-03-2016
Nomination.....
30-01-2016
AOR Received.
02-03-2016
Med's Done....
upfront
Passport Req..
24-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
09-06-2016
LANDED..........
19-06-2016
Hi,

I landed on Jun 19 in Woodstock, NB.
Received PR card today (Aug 5).

Good luck to all

martha1901

Star Member
Jun 22, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
18-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
25-05-2016
LANDED..........
20-06-2016
Family of 3, landed June 20, 2016 Vancouver CIC office received PR card Aug. 5 2016. :)

Good luck everyone, keep the faith!

falcons_Lions

Oct 29, 2015
jc94 said:
CoPR is not required for transferring a eligible (ie: US/UK/etc...) driving license. When you get your DR it's a piece of paper while you wait for the mail, about 2 weeks normally (based on the previous 3 I've had sent).

You can request it as soon as you want, I had to go 3 times because they wouldn't accept my proof of address or employment at first (AirBnb = bad, print out with signature vs real ink = bad); it doesn't really matter if you request it day 1 or day 60, it will come shortly before day 90 and it's valid from the 91st day after you land. I wouldn't request it much later than day 90 because it takes a while to arrive and they may (or may not) give you an interim paper copy if you request it day 89. I've venture not.

They mail it out, takes about 4 weeks they said (I got mine in the post pretty much bang on 4 weeks and one day before it was valid :p).
When I updated my OHIP from permit to PR I got a piecep of paper to use with my old card indicating there was something on the system to disable it hence the paper.
Thanks, I went yesterday and everything went t very smooth. It will take 4 weeks as they told you.

FL

dublinfunk

Star Member
Apr 11, 2015
I think I am seeing a pattern.

For those that got approved and issued COPR last year the COPR still have the 35x45mm photos on them along with a visa validity of 6 months which takes us to around April / May 2016 before they expired.

Thus when we all landed this year, what was attached to our COPR was the 35x45mm photos. However, for those that are landing on June / July they might have gotten their COPR on January when the new pictures are already required thus they are sporting the 50x70mm photos.

Of course there are outliers wherein some have 35x45mm photos where issued probably this was the transition period of the card production machines. However, I think the main reason was that the photo specification changed and the people that were granted COPR late last year did not get any advice that photos will need to be re-taken etc. or we didn't check it with the new specifications (I know I did not because I was too exhausted with the whole process of waiting that time)

Anyway, I think as a rule is if you submitted your COPR when you land with a 35x45mm photo around April or onwards then expect a photo request. If you are just landing, IT wouldn't hurt to include a 50x70mm photo as part of the documents you submit at the landing proceedings.

Of course there could be other reasons like shadow / etc. but I think what I described was the case for me. What I failed to take account of is that the officer at the landing proceedings is not the ultimate say whether a picture passes or not.

So two things:

1. When did you get your COPR? Was it last year?
2. When you landed did you provide a picture of 35x45mm or 50x70mm?