Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
30-11-2015
qinghe said:
Landed on Jan.15th, re-submitted photo on March 15th, received PR Card on August 2nd finally~
What???????

mohsin.sadi

Oct 20, 2015
rezasorna said:
Hi,

CIC sent an email saying my photos were not up to their standards and asked for new photos. Does this mean I have to wait another couple of months again or it will be faster this time?

Thanks,
Hi,
After 3 months of waiting I have also received email to send the new photos, I am wondering too, how long it will take to get the PR card now..... :(
Thanks

temzmama

May 21, 2015
I landed April 30th and yet to get my PR card. I wasn't worried until recently when I realized it has been over 3 months. Is the request for a new photo sent to ones email or by post? I am currently out of Canada, is there a number I can call to follow up on the PR card?

Ally2015

Star Member
May 28, 2015
temzmama said:
I landed April 30th and yet to get my PR card. I wasn't worried until recently when I realized it has been over 3 months. Is the request for a new photo sent to ones email or by post? I am currently out of Canada, is there a number I can call to follow up on the PR card?

I got an email. Try calling 1-613-944-4000

One_Topsy

Champion Member
Sep 12, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
30-11-2015
temzmama said:
Email. You should definitely call and find out

MrTee

Nov 18, 2015
Can anyone please share what does it say in the photo request email and what is the photo specification they asks for ?

TIA

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
MrTee said:
Can anyone please share what does it say in the photo request email and what is the photo specification they asks for ?

TIA
TAHA1111 said:
Sir, Madam, This letter is to inform you that your Permanent Resident (PR) Card cannot be issued without a compliant/acceptable photo. The photograph provided does not meet the required specifications. It is therefore impossible to produce the card until you provide the following: You must send: Two (2) new photos Your photos must meet the specifications set out in the attached document. If we do not receive the requested information within 60 days of the date above, your application for a permanent resident card will be considered abandoned. Please return this letter and photos by mail to: Case Processing Center - Permanent Resident Card PO Box 4500 PRC Mailroom Sydney, Nova Scotia B1P 6L1 Should you have any questions or require assistance, please visit our website at www.cic.gc.ca or contact your service provider organization. Thank you.
Guess this is the same document, as cited in the PPR letters:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/pdf/5445EB-e.pdf

zanny

Jul 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-09-2015
AOR Received.
30-10-2015
IELTS Request
27-07-2015
Interview........
Not reqd
Passport Req..
08-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-12-2015
LANDED..........
Mid-2016
Just got off the call with the CIC. After 60 days they say that photos are not per the standard :eek:

Now i will have to resend the photos and I don't know how many more months will they take to process this.

I am back in India for some work and now I can't travel back. May be using the US border is my only solution now :(

MrTee

Nov 18, 2015
bellaluna said:
Guess this is the same document, as cited in the PPR letters:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/pdf/5445EB-e.pdf
Thanks for the info, do you know if they use the photo that we submitted online during e-pr or after PPR.

bexause I believe the photo requirements has changed after my AOR

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
MrTee said:
Thanks for the info, do you know if they use the photo that we submitted online during e-pr or after PPR.

bexause I believe the photo requirements has changed after my AOR
After PPR, they use the bigger 50x70mm. Not the 35x45mm online.

CanBC

Star Member
Feb 16, 2016
One_Topsy said:
I took mine at London drugs.
They give you a checklist that it meets CIC standards
date and time stamp at the back of both photos
provision for your name and DOB
and they tell you to bring it back if CIC rejects it - they will retake it for free and give you a store gift card. Sounds like they know what they're doing to me
I did mine there as well and kept the receipt .

Good to know I can do that if CIC rejects my photos