+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Track your PR card timeline and processing times here

dublinfunk

Star Member
Apr 11, 2015
jc94 said:
You can do your health card with the COPR I believe; I did in ON.
Not sure what you mean by license, a driving license exchange doesn't require more than the license (if eligible for transfer) and possibly passport as additional proof of ID?
No you can't they will just give you a paper printout of your driver's license until you show them proof of citizenship (PR Card). Even COPR does not cut it at least from here

One_Topsy

Champion Member
Sep 12, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
30-11-2015
bellaluna said:
Relatives landed June 9 at Toronto, found all their PR cards in the mailbox today, so I assume they arrived some time last week, July 28.
Did they give address on the same day?

wildemam

Nov 10, 2015
GTA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dublinfunk said:
No you can't they will just give you a paper printout of your driver's license until you show them proof of citizenship (PR Card). Even COPR does not cut it at least from here
The paper printout of your driver's license works until the driver license card reaches you by mail. To be able to take the driving test, you should show them any proof of IDENTITY. Driver license does not require proof of residence.

jc94

Mar 14, 2016
dublinfunk said:
Well I did say Health Card ;) My OHIP (so in Ontario) was updated to be valid until 2020 with my COPR and old OHIP as proof. I had my passport and various other things like Hydro bills but don't think I needed them. It could be different by province of course, or because I already had OHIP under a work permit, but the paperwork said you have to update it within 30 days and no-one seems to be getting PR cards within that time.

The proof of address might be required for a driving license update, say from a US to Canadian one. I had to show proof of address, but I used an AirBnb print out and that was fine. On the flip side, that was NOT good enough for health care, which required far more formal proof.

Speaking of which, CIC still says 41 days. But then it still says updated weekly, last update July 22nd which is clearly over a week ago.
And still no sign of mine :mad:

One_Topsy

Champion Member
Sep 12, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
30-11-2015
They just sent me a letter to send new photos. How sad :(

How long after you send photos does it take?

jc94

Mar 14, 2016
One_Topsy said:
They just sent me a letter to send new photos. How sad :(

How long after you send photos does it take?
I believe the clock starts again.
What was the reason for the request, did they give one? How old were your original photos, were they the larger ones? When did you land?

TAHA1111

Star Member
Nov 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
lvo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16 july 2014
Doc's Request.
17 June 2015
Nomination.....
13 nov. 14
Med's Request
17th June 15
Med's Done....
27th June 15, newborn medical was done on 1st Nov 15
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
22nd March.2016
I also got photo request today although my photos were of new specification

One_Topsy

Champion Member
Sep 12, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
30-11-2015
jc94 said:
I believe the clock starts again.
What was the reason for the request, did they give one? How old were your original photos, were they the larger ones? When did you land?
Thats sucks!

They said the photos don't meet the required specification. Landed June 02. Pictures were taken dec 2015 50mmx70mm

Funny thing is my wife and I were both in the application. Used photos from the same photographer and I'm the only one that got the request.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
One_Topsy said:
Did they give address on the same day?
Yes, they did.

On the other hand, I read from others who got photo requests and got their cards in a week or two, so perhaps getting a photo request means the card is ready to be printed.

One_Topsy

Champion Member
Sep 12, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
30-11-2015
bellaluna said:
Yes, they did.

On the other hand, I read from others who got photo requests and got their cards in a week or two, so perhaps getting a photo request means the card is ready to be printed.
That's the best news I've heard today. I hope my case is similar. keeping fingers (and everything else) crossed :D

dublinfunk

Star Member
Apr 11, 2015
My COPR has attached the old photos 35mm x 45mm. Do you think that is the reason why it is taking long to process? I would have thought that because it is attached to the COPR it is what they require. It would suck that they will require new photos all this time of waiting if they could have told that to us when we landed...

One_Topsy

Champion Member
Sep 12, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
30-11-2015
dublinfunk said:
My COPR has attached the old photos 35mm x 45mm. Do you think that is the reason why it is taking long to process? I would have thought that because it is attached to the COPR it is what they require. It would suck that they will require new photos all this time of waiting if they could have told that to us when we landed...
When did you land and have you heard from them?

hviveka

Star Member
Jun 25, 2014
My wife and I landed on June 12th at Osooys, BC.
Both of our photos were taken in May according to the specs at Walmart photo studio. Today my wife got a mail that she needs to resubmit the photos. I didnt get any such request. wonder what's going on..

One question though: Is it okay to write the name and DOB on both photos (along with the photographer's stamp) - or, should we just put it on one of the photos?

Since I didn't get any mail to submit photo, would they send mine? (I need to travel this month)

TAHA1111

Star Member
Nov 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
lvo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16 july 2014
Doc's Request.
17 June 2015
Nomination.....
13 nov. 14
Med's Request
17th June 15
Med's Done....
27th June 15, newborn medical was done on 1st Nov 15
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
22nd March.2016
hviveka said:
My wife and I landed on June 12th at Osooys, BC.
Both of our photos were taken in May according to the specs at Walmart photo studio. Today my wife got a mail that she needs to resubmit the photos. I didnt get any such request. wonder what's going on..

One question though: Is it okay to write the name and DOB on both photos (along with the photographer's stamp) - or, should we just put it on one of the photos?

Since I didn't get any mail to submit photo, would they send mine? (I need to travel this month)
I don't think so that you need new photos and hope that you will get you pr card soon but better to call cic and ask about your pr card
Their number is

1 888-242-2100
Need to press 2 3 2 and then 0 for iptions

jimso101

Star Member
Apr 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Landed at Emerson,Pembina on 11th June.

Today we received 2 out of 3, hopefully will receive the 3rd card soon :).