Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-08-2015
Passport Req..
06-10-2015
LANDED..........
12-11-15
Unfortunately, you can add me to the list. Landed NOVEMBER 2015!!! Received 2 photo requests since then. Last was in April. Photos submitted April 29. Still waiting. My PR application was processed faster than the card. UNBELIEVABLE!!

cheire

Champion Member
Jan 19, 2016
Canada
NAME Landing Date PR Card Received Landed at
Chechi_298 Nov,15. Waiting
Ain08 8 April. 12 July
Gilean 4 May 15 July
Confused 7 May 17 July Vancouver BC
Lijoat 8 May 15 July Niagara
Ozils 13 May 19 July
S.jagjit 15 May 15 July. Toronto
Vicky1207 16 May 20 July. Burlington, Ontario
Sehbaaz 17 May 15 July Peace arch
Nmeka 24 May 19 July Rainbow Bridge
Jimson. 11 June Waiting
Manpi 17 June Waiting
Farmore 18 June Waiting Coutts, Alberta
TAHA1111 19 June Waiting
Dupsy21 22 June Waiting
Han 29 June Waiting
Cheire 30 June Waiting

Emak

Jan 28, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08/11/2015
Doc's Request.
12/11/2015
AOR Received.
08/11/2015
Passport Req..
05/03/2016
VISA ISSUED...
11/03/2016
Please add me

Landed: June 11, 2016
Place: Toronto Pearson

Han

Feb 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2016
AOR Received.
08-01-2016
Passport Req..
20-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-06-2016
LANDED..........
29-06-2016 :)
NAME Landing Date PR Card Received Landed at
Chechi_298 Nov,15. Waiting
Ain08 8 April. 12 July
Gilean 4 May 15 July
Confused 7 May 17 July Vancouver BC
Lijoat 8 May 15 July Niagara
Ozils 13 May 19 July
S.jagjit 15 May 15 July. Toronto
Vicky1207 16 May 20 July. Burlington, Ontario
Sehbaaz 17 May 15 July Peace arch
Nmeka 24 May 19 July Rainbow Bridge
ay_caramba 8 June Waiting Eastport-Kingsgate border
Emak 11 June Waiting Toronto Pearson
Jimson. 11 June Waiting
Manpi 17 June Waiting
Farmore 18 June Waiting Coutts, Alberta
TAHA1111 19 June Waiting
Dupsy21 22 June Waiting
Han 29 June Waiting Blue Water Bridge, Sarnia
Cheire 30 June Waiting

jc94

Mar 14, 2016
You can add me, landed June 5th at Rainbow Bridge and waiting, hoping Canada Post doesn't strike and the CIC start/keep sending cards regardless!

ain08

Star Member
Sep 23, 2015
To all those who has been recently requested photos, I would really recommend to send it either DHL, FedEx or any other courier that would confirm that CIC received your photos.

I followed few forums and based on the trend I notice, those who send it via DHL or FedEx, PR card tends to be released faster. I maybe wrong as it varies from one week to four weeks. In my case, it is 3 weeks, but a friend had it in a week. We both used DHL.

I know this is a bit expensive than regular mail but I believe you are paying peace of mind as you know you can track it and a confirmed signature that they receive it.

Cheers.

wildemam

Nov 10, 2015
GTA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Landed April 30th.

Called yesterday, still not printed, and no requests sent to me.

Luwassa

Star Member
Nov 24, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello. I would appreciate if someone gave me some clarification on photo request. I landed on June 26 at Sault Ste Marie border and was not requested to provide additional photos. Will be required to provide them before my PR card is issued?

Also I changed my mailing address and notified cic through case specific enquiry like three weeks ago. I have not heard back from them if they received and made changes. I wrote an email to CPC Ottawa and they replied that their office does not deal with PR Cards. Which office deal with PR card and how can contact them? I have been trying to call the call center but can't talk to anyone as they say they are experiencing high volume of calls. Could someone help?

jc94

Mar 14, 2016
prishah said:
PR card timeline for in Canada residence will get within 49 days
I've lived in Canada at the same address 2.5 years, and landed 52 days ago without any sign of the card. I got my new OHIP despite it taking 2-3 weeks to apply for that after landing.
I mean sure the CIC site is currently listing 41 instead of the normal (recently) ~60. But I don't think most people have seen anything close to 41 :(

Luwassa said:
Hello. I would appreciate if someone gave me some clarification on photo request. I landed on June 26 at Sault Ste Marie border and was not requested to provide additional photos. Will be required to provide them before my PR card is issued?

Also I changed my mailing address and notified cic through case specific enquiry like three weeks ago. I have not heard back from them if they received and made changes. I wrote an email to CPC Ottawa and they replied that their office does not deal with PR Cards. Which office deal with PR card and how can contact them? I have been trying to call the call center but can't talk to anyone as they say they are experiencing high volume of calls. Could someone help?
On the landing aspect, you need to wait until contacted by CIC unfortunately. One known issue is if your photos were the smaller ones (vs the new larger requirement since Jan 1st 2016 - 70x50mm or something) you'll need to provide new ones. However there are also cases where CIC decides to reject them for unknown reasons.

I'm not too sure on your 2nd question, but hopefully someone else can assist there.

MySky

Star Member
Sep 3, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jc94 said:
On the landing aspect, if your photos were the new larger requirement since Jan 1st 2016 (70x50mm or something) you should be fine. It's people who had the smaller ones from older COPR that are normally being asked to send the new format.
This is not true. A lot of photo resubmissions, or even perhaps most, are for photos with the new requirement.

jc94

Mar 14, 2016
MySky said:
This is not true.
Please can you share which parts were incorrect and what the correct reply is, for future reference? I posted that in good faith but if it's wrong I will edit it accordingly!

MySky

Star Member
Sep 3, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jc94 said:
Please can you share which parts were incorrect and what the correct reply is, for future reference? I posted that in good faith but if it's wrong I will edit it accordingly!
Yes, I know you have good intentions. This is unfortunately what I assumed too, until my photos were rejected. A lot of photo resubmissions, or even perhaps most of them, are for photos with the new requirements. The reason why the photos are rejected remains as a mystery, but it must be about the proportions and ratio of the photo features. Most people (including me, and likely my photographer) only consider the dimensions as the only detail that has changed, but there is more to each photo than the dimensions. On a side note, I do believe CIC is being unreasonably picky with the photos.

jc94

Mar 14, 2016
MySky said:
Yes, I know you have good intentions. This is unfortunately what I assumed too, until my photos were rejected. A lot of photo resubmissions, or even perhaps most of them, are for photos with the new requirements. The reason why the photos are rejected remains as a mystery, but it must be about the proportions and ratio of the photo features. Most people (including me, and likely my photographer) only consider the dimensions as the only detail that has changed, but there is more to each photo than the dimensions. On a side note, I do believe CIC is being unreasonably picky with the photos.
Good to know thanks. I got mine done at a place that I've always found to be very good and I know does a lot (of PR ones), but then I haven't gotten my PR card yet :s

I've modified my original post. As long as the likeness is clearly you being picked over half a mm out in one of the proportions does seem picky. The pdf with requirements was a little over the top.