xlnzee

Oct 6, 2015
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Deccan said:
Yes, you can change address after landing. Explain the above to the agent and s/he will give you a change of address form which will list three ways you can update your address post landing: online, phone, by mail. Follow one of these methods to update your new address.

NOTE: I couldn't update mine online. Was able to do it without hassles on the phone.
Thank you, so does that mean that we don't have to give any address for PR cards at all during landing and chose tonprovide one at a later date, or that we have to provide an address then can change it later?

Deccan

Feb 19, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
xlnzee said:
Thank you, so does that mean that we don't have to give any address for PR cards at all during landing and chose tonprovide one at a later date, or that we have to provide an address then can change it later?
I can't definitively tell you whether one can get by without provining any address at landing. The landing agent in my case did not want to accept the address that I had provided as part of my application because I said we were only staying for a short period this time around. She said we'd have to formally update the address once we're permanently back in Canada and that the card would be processed then. I simply called IRCC the following morning and provided the address--they accepted it. My card was delivered on 2/26; still waiting on family members' cards.

friendali

Jun 18, 2014
kkkv said:
Did you call CIC to find out what's the current status of your card?
landed 22 jan
photo rcvd 15 april
called cic twice ( nothing )! and actually when u call.dnt say that u have been request bew photo cuz the forst agent was rude and didnt even check my status.so let him find it out by him self. just gv him UCI and landing date .
really dnt know how long it takes to issue this card!!

drkv78

Jan 13, 2013
Ontario
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
OOPNP
Doc's Request.
-
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
21.09.2015 (e-APR)
IELTS Request
-
Passport Req..
15.Feb.2016. PPR submit: 25.02.2016
VISA ISSUED...
10.Mar.2016
LANDED..........
21.Mar.2016
Can any one guide me, plz.:

I have to resubmit photo. However, CIC didn't send any intimation letter or any courtesy email in this regard.
When I made a call yesterday, they intimated about this, after repeated inquiry.
is the form is generic one? does anyone has this? I can fill-it out and send them quickly along with my photo.
please help me guys. my email id: drkv78@gmail.com
thanks in advance,
warm regards,
drkv78

Deccan

Feb 19, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
drkv78 said:
Can any one guide me, plz.:

I have to resubmit photo. However, CIC didn't send any intimation letter or any courtesy email in this regard.
When I made a call yesterday, they intimated about this, after repeated inquiry.
is the form is generic one? does anyone has this? I can fill-it out and send them quickly along with my photo.
please help me guys. my email id: drkv78@gmail.com
thanks in advance,
warm regards,
drkv78
Ask if they can send you the notification by email. That's what they did with me. The physical letter was sent almost three weeks after that. You need to include their communication (either the electonic one or the hard copy letter) along with the photos and form IMM5455.

Note that the email notification does not contain any file reference number. The hard copy does. Folks on this forum have recommended that one handwrite the UCI number on the IMM form and also make a note in the cover letter.

This is what the resubmission request sent via email looks like:

Sir, Madam,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada. I am pleased to follow up on your request:

Permanent Resident card - Photo retake required

If you applied for a Permanent Resident card (PR card) and the Case Processing Centre requires that you provide new photos, you must send them according to the photo specifications with a Supplementary Identification form (IMM 5455) to the following address:

Regular mail for new PR:

Case Processing Centre - PRC
P.O. Box 4500
Sydney, Nova Scotia
B1P 6L1

Regular mail for existing PR (e.g., PR card replacement):

P.O. Box 9000
Sydney, Nova Scotia
B1P 6K7

Courier:

49 Dorchester Street
Sydney, NS
B1P 5Z2

Please note that if you do not send the requested information within 180 days from the date of the letter, you will have to submit an Application for a Permanent Resident Card (PR Card) and include the payment in order to obtain a PR card.

drkv78

Jan 13, 2013
Ontario
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
OOPNP
Doc's Request.
-
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
21.09.2015 (e-APR)
IELTS Request
-
Passport Req..
15.Feb.2016. PPR submit: 25.02.2016
VISA ISSUED...
10.Mar.2016
LANDED..........
21.Mar.2016
@Deccan,

Hi,

Do we have to do some payment as well?
Plz. clarify me. thanks,

warm regards,
drkv78

Deccan said:
Ask if they can send you the notification by email. That's what they did with me. The physical letter was sent almost three weeks after that. You need to include their communication (either the electonic one or the hard copy letter) along with the photos and form IMM5455.

Note that the email notification does not contain any file reference number. The hard copy does. Folks on this forum have recommended that one handwrite the UCI number on the IMM form and also make a note in the cover letter.

This is what the resubmission request sent via email looks like:

Sir, Madam,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada. I am pleased to follow up on your request:

Permanent Resident card - Photo retake required

If you applied for a Permanent Resident card (PR card) and the Case Processing Centre requires that you provide new photos, you must send them according to the photo specifications with a Supplementary Identification form (IMM 5455) to the following address:

wildemam

Nov 10, 2015
GTA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys who had to resubmit photo, is there any info (or guess) about what's wrong with photos?

riddymon

Jun 26, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wildemam said:
Guys who had to resubmit photo, is there any info (or guess) about what's wrong with photos?
Nah....mine had the dimensions highlighted but that's it but my pictures were definitely 50 x 70 that i sent originally.

wildemam

Nov 10, 2015
GTA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
riddymon said:
Nah....mine had the dimensions highlighted but that's it but my pictures were definitely 50 x 70 that i sent originally.
It causes me lots of horror. I need my card before August 1st.

riddymon

Jun 26, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wildemam said:
It causes me lots of horror. I need my card before August 1st.
You got time..i need mine before saturday ;D

gilean

Star Member
Apr 27, 2015
Is the application processing time in CIC website includes weekends or just weekdays? And whats up with all these photo resubs?

riddymon

Jun 26, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gilean said:
Is the application processing time in CIC website includes weekends or just weekdays? And whats up with all these photo resubs?
Don't know..it seems be really common. A friend of mine who landed last november got a photo re-submission request in like February. I spoke with someone else who said they know of about 3 people that had their photos requested again as well. Not too sure what's goin on.