+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Track your PR card timeline and processing times here

prav082

Star Member
Feb 25, 2015
lvlemon1 said:
Landed On May 02. Waiting for PR card...
Added you in the sheet... Did you landed at Niagara or airport??

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/16UobdGYAhVTv9Xarp4ctJWozD1JkUTwPHU03UEJ6e8w/edit#gid=0

My timeline is same as yours.

gorot2

Jun 11, 2015
Hi everyone, I landed on the 8th of March my wife and Son received their PR cards on the 3rd of May mine is still yet to arrive, I am getting really frustrated because I have to get back to Canada in 2 weeks to start a new job ,I have applied for a PR travel Document at the embassy(Pretoria) but no updates from them either ,can anyone advice on another alternative to get back into Canada .I have a US visa can I enter with a rented car into Canada without a PR card or travel document ?

xlnzee

Oct 6, 2015
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Apologies if this was asked earlier. AFAIK the address for PR cards to be delivered is provided at the immigration counter during the immigration formalities once you land.

Is it possible to provide an address later for getting the cards delivered, for example if I do not know anyone in Canada and not sure if the temporary address I'll be staying at will still be effective when the PR cards get delivered, can we say that we will provide the address for the cards to be delivered once we take up residence? (online address update maybe?)

drkv78

Jan 13, 2013
Ontario
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
OOPNP
Doc's Request.
-
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
21.09.2015 (e-APR)
IELTS Request
-
Passport Req..
15.Feb.2016. PPR submit: 25.02.2016
VISA ISSUED...
10.Mar.2016
LANDED..........
21.Mar.2016
gorot2 said:
Hi everyone, I landed on the 8th of March my wife and Son received their PR cards on the 3rd of May mine is still yet to arrive, I am getting really frustrated because I have to get back to Canada in 2 weeks to start a new job ,I have applied for a PR travel Document at the embassy(Pretoria) but no updates from them either ,can anyone advice on another alternative to get back into Canada .I have a US visa can I enter with a rented car into Canada without a PR card or travel document ?
Yeah, if you have a US-VISA, there is no need of PR-Card. The COPR confirmation page is enough for the entry (Of-course passport is needed).
but explain them about your circumstances which made you to be away from Canada after PR.
no worries. private rental car is enough.

Since I had no baggage, I entered Canada by walk (crossed Rainbow bridge), a few days before,
take care,

Pls. press [Good] if u like this answer.

warm regards,
drkv78

kkkv

Star Member
Sep 16, 2015
avk3884 said:
I landed on January 13 and resent photos on 2nd March. Still waiting for the PR card.

Did you get yours?
Did you call CIC to find out what's the current status of your card?

lvlemon1

Star Member
Dec 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-11-2015
Nomination.....
15-12-2015
AOR Received.
27-12-2015
Med's Done....
15-01-2016
Passport Req..
15-04-2016
gorot2 said:
When I was landing, the custom people told me I cannot take a flight( of course if you have travel doc you can), but cars are ok. She said they will allow the Landing paper but not the flight custom...Hope you understand what I am saying.

wildemam

Nov 10, 2015
GTA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys

I don't want myself obsessing about that. Does anyone know the common reason to request new photos for the PR Card?

I have a tight timing, where I expect the Card on July 1st, and travelling to Egypt August 1st. If card needs new photos and takes more time, I will have to go to the US and enter through Niagara, so I need to plan ahead for this.

Doda

May 20, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wildemam said:
Guys

I don't want myself obsessing about that. Does anyone know the common reason to request new photos for the PR Card?

I have a tight timing, where I expect the Card on July 1st, and travelling to Egypt August 1st. If card needs new photos and takes more time, I will have to go to the US and enter through Niagara, so I need to plan ahead for this.
From my understandingand of the new cards specs, the picture is much bigger than the old cards. That's why they requested new photos at PPR. Unless you don't have a drastic flaw with your pic, I don't think they will request a new one.

Deccan

Feb 19, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Update based on my call to IRCC today... in case info is helpful to anyone.

I was lucky to finally get a polite agent this morning. I'd called to follow up on the cards for my spouse and child who landed with me on 1/19. All I wanted to know was whether or not the new photos delivered to IRCC on 3/17 were acceptable.

The agent said IRCC never adds any notes about this so there's no way for him to confirm. He said there's a system wide delay due to the large volume of requests for photo resubmission and that there's no specific timeline for processing such cases. In other words, the standard processing time window doesn't apply to us. He said we have no choice but to wait.

Seems like the wait for the PR card will be almost as long as (if not longer than) the wait from AOR to PPR :eek:

kkkv

Star Member
Sep 16, 2015
Deccan said:
Update based on my call to IRCC today... in case info is helpful to anyone.

I was lucky to finally get a polite agent this morning. I'd called to follow up on the cards for my spouse and child who landed with me on 1/19. All I wanted to know was whether or not the new photos delivered to IRCC on 3/17 were acceptable.

The agent said IRCC never adds any notes about this so there's no way for him to confirm. He said there's a system wide delay due to the large volume of requests for photo resubmission and that there's no specific timeline for processing such cases. In other words, the standard processing time window doesn't apply to us. He said we have no choice but to wait.

Seems like the wait for the PR card will be almost as long as (if not longer than) the wait from AOR to PPR :eek:
Thanks for sharing, I called and the agent told me that I am one of the 8000 people who were requested new photos, so there is no time frame for us.

anyways, keep us posted once you have your card, good luck

drkv78

Jan 13, 2013
Ontario
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
OOPNP
Doc's Request.
-
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
21.09.2015 (e-APR)
IELTS Request
-
Passport Req..
15.Feb.2016. PPR submit: 25.02.2016
VISA ISSUED...
10.Mar.2016
LANDED..........
21.Mar.2016
Hi,

The dead-line 50-days crossed and there is no information from IRCC about my PR-Card and I tried to call them for the past three days n no luck.
I called IRCC today also, and they said that my photo is not acceptable.
I will be receiving a letter next week for new photo request.
I dono how long its going to take to get the card.
Really frustrated with IRCC process.

warm regards,
Venki

xlnzee

Oct 6, 2015
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
xlnzee said:
Apologies if this was asked earlier. AFAIK the address for PR cards to be delivered is provided at the immigration counter during the immigration formalities once you land.

Is it possible to provide an address later for getting the cards delivered, for example if I do not know anyone in Canada and not sure if the temporary address I'll be staying at will still be effective when the PR cards get delivered, can we say that we will provide the address for the cards to be delivered once we take up residence? (online address update maybe?)
May I have an answer please? Anyone?

Deccan

Feb 19, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
xlnzee said:

Yes, you can change address after landing. Explain the above to the agent and s/he will give you a change of address form which will list three ways you can update your address post landing: online, phone, by mail. Follow one of these methods to update your new address.

NOTE: I couldn't update mine online. Was able to do it without hassles on the phone.