Passport Req..
04-02-2020
VISA ISSUED...
07-02-2020
LANDED..........
14-05-2020

ryeCatcher

Apr 21, 2019
I checked my profile today after reading your post and surprise!! I also had a Ghost update on my profile, not sure when it came as last I logged in on July-23.
My landing date was May-14.
@ryeCatcher You should be getting something soon. All the best..
I sure hope so, I'm getting nervous :(
What does a Ghost Update look like? Do you get an email also?

Congratulations! Glad to see movement at least, hoping my lucky number comes soon!

raxx.cater

Star Member
Sep 21, 2019
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
30-05-2019
Doc's Request.
08-01-2020
AOR Received.
30-05-2019
Med's Done....
24-05-2019
Passport Req..
04-02-2020
VISA ISSUED...
07-02-2020
LANDED..........
14-05-2020
I sure hope so, I'm getting nervous :(
What does a Ghost Update look like? Do you get an email also?

Congratulations! Glad to see movement at least, hoping my lucky number comes soon!
I did not received any email, just logged in to my profile and it says "Application updated", but nothing was updated inside.

Reactions: ryeCatcher

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
Hi everybody. There is new language on this page - https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/immigration-applicants.html?s=09 - under Permanent resident cards that says "Once you become a permanent resident, we’ll send you a document to confirm your new status in Canada. We’ll also ask you to provide a photo so we can start the process of issuing your first permanent resident (PR) card. You don’t need to apply for your first PR card. While you wait for your PR card, you can use this document to prove that you’re a PR in Canada and to apply for government benefits and services that you’re eligible for such as to apply for your social insurance number so you can work." This was not on the IRCC website when I landed as new PR on May 19th, probably because issuance of new PR cards is taking longer now so they're doing this as a stop-gap. However, I have not received any document confirming my new status, and no request for a photo. Anybody got any insights/suggestions? (BTW, I have gotten my SIN letter and of course I have my CoPR and passport signed by the CBSA border officer, so maybe this doesn't matter).
I think they're referring to the COPR, you can do everything with it. You really only need your PR card to travel.

It just depends on some provinces though, where they can be a bit stricter and ask for the PR card for certain things.

Last edited:

aliakbarc87

Star Member
May 1, 2019
Hi everybody. There is new language on this page - https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/immigration-applicants.html?s=09 - under Permanent resident cards that says "Once you become a permanent resident, we’ll send you a document to confirm your new status in Canada. We’ll also ask you to provide a photo so we can start the process of issuing your first permanent resident (PR) card. You don’t need to apply for your first PR card. While you wait for your PR card, you can use this document to prove that you’re a PR in Canada and to apply for government benefits and services that you’re eligible for such as to apply for your social insurance number so you can work." This was not on the IRCC website when I landed as new PR on May 19th, probably because issuance of new PR cards is taking longer now so they're doing this as a stop-gap. However, I have not received any document confirming my new status, and no request for a photo. Anybody got any insights/suggestions? (BTW, I have gotten my SIN letter and of course I have my CoPR and passport signed by the CBSA border officer, so maybe this doesn't matter).
This is referring to the new process of inland applicants. In your case, you landed with your CoPR and you can use it until you receive your card. I assume, you have already submitted your two photos during passport request. so you don’t need to worry about.
But in the case of inland applicant(like me), IRCC currently issuing signed letter instead of usual CoPR and asking to submit photo for pr card.

rdpatel1201@yahoo.in

Star Member
Mar 10, 2017
Hey everyone
I have received my PR card in the mail today
But I am still waiting for wife’s PR card
I also can’t see her online linked pr card application
We both got landing letter same day and got COPR same day
Anyone experienced that??

Reactions: shireendeshmukh

mshzhb

Jul 28, 2020
Does anyone landing on March 7th in Toronto airport and haven't received the PR card yet?
I land on March 7th, in Toronto and currently in US. However, the status on CIC is still submitted. No ghost update.
Any suggestions what should I do? Need to go to Canada soon due to some family issue. (Unfortunately, I lost my COPR)

testing

Jul 28, 2020
Hey everyone
I have received my PR card in the mail today
But I am still waiting for wife’s PR card
I also can’t see her online linked pr card application
We both got landing letter same day and got COPR same day
Anyone experienced that??
Same here. My wife received her card today (landed 16 march) but I haven't. She is primary applicant.

rdpatel1201@yahoo.in

Star Member
Mar 10, 2017
Its totally opposite in my case. My wife received card today. I haven't. I am primary applicant. Same landing day as well. (March 16)
I spoke to IRCC Agent this afternoon and an agent confirmed that my wife card also dispatched the same day but both is in different envelope so I hope tomorrow I will receive
I will update here guys
Good luck