+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Track your PR card timeline and processing times here

chikoo1985

May 20, 2017
Hi all,

I have couple of questions regarding the PR card:

a) Can one of my friends collect my PR card in my absence as I will be traveling back to India before the card arrives or do I need to be personally present to collect the card?

b) Is it going to be a problem if I come back after two years to Canada post first landing in Canada?

Thanks,
Shreya
You can provide your friends address. He can collect it on your behalf.

You can come after 2 years. To maintain the PR status one has to be in the country for at least 2 years out of 5 years since the day of landing. Please double check. It's on Cic website.

shre_sinha

Aug 11, 2018
You can provide your friends address. He can collect it on your behalf.

You can come after 2 years. To maintain the PR status one has to be in the country for at least 2 years out of 5 years since the day of landing. Please double check. It's on Cic website.
Thank you. Would the immigration officers question as to why I'm returning after two years and would I have to prove that I'll be here for the next two years?

chikoo1985

May 20, 2017
Thank you. Would the immigration officers question as to why I'm returning after two years and would I have to prove that I'll be here for the next two years?
No.
Also, while landing there is no need to reveal that you may go back etc...
While providing friends address pretend it's your address and you are gonna stay there.

This will just help to avoid additional questions.

Mizzcari

Star Member
Sep 6, 2016
Hey everyone

I landed on June 23rd in Toronto. Does anyone know how much longer I have to wait for my pr card? I would like to travel at the end of August

cool_canada

Star Member
Jan 30, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 11, 2017
IELTS Request
January 21, 2017
Guys I just got another ghost update with my spouse and dependents profile as updated and then approved with PR card details but mine is still showing submitted without PR card details. Is this normal?

Previously I had a ghost update three days ago (Tuesday) for all applicants including myself.

Landed at YYZ on June 18. Anyone experience this before?

smartino

Star Member
Oct 12, 2017
Hey everyone

I landed on June 23rd in Toronto. Does anyone know how much longer I have to wait for my pr card? I would like to travel at the end of August
Well, If you do not receive picture request in coming week it will be very soon that your card will be approved. As per current timelines, you will be able to receive by the end of this month. Good Luck.

Mizzcari

Star Member
Sep 6, 2016
Well, If you do not receive picture request in coming week it will be very soon that your card will be approved. As per current timelines, you will be able to receive by the end of this month. Good Luck.
Thank you. I hope I do not get a photo request so late. It will throw my plans off.

Another question, I liked my pr card application on Aug 6th and it was showing "submitted ". Today when i logged in to check it said "Application/profile updated". When i clicked on it it went back to "submitted ".

Does that mean anything? They were no messages or email

vishalverma023

Sep 14, 2016
Same date. No.. did not receive yet. Official time is 7 to 10 days. Ab itna wait kiya hai to rhoda aur bhai... lol
Lol bhai intehaa ho gai ab intezaar ki :p
Ps: please let me know when you get it! I gave my friend’s address of Brampton and i have drove him crazy asking him again ans again!

Aakkii

Apr 4, 2018
Guys I just got another ghost update with my spouse and dependents profile as updated and then approved with PR card details but mine is still showing submitted without PR card details. Is this normal?

Previously I had a ghost update three days ago (Tuesday) for all applicants including myself.

Landed at YYZ on June 18. Anyone experience this before?
You will recieve by 16 August in mail

Aakkii

Apr 4, 2018
Thank you. I hope I do not get a photo request so late. It will throw my plans off.

Another question, I liked my pr card application on Aug 6th and it was showing "submitted ". Today when i logged in to check it said "Application/profile updated". When i clicked on it it went back to "submitted ".

Does that mean anything? They were no messages or email
You will receive by 20 August in mail

fazilasadiq

Dec 30, 2017
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
18-05-2018
I have a question regarding PR Card, if the photos were taken in February and first landing is done in September that is 7 months will it require new photo? Can we submit our new photos at the time of landing at the airport to avoid delay and photo resubmission request?
Please guys help me out i am concerned about the photo resubmission request as we will return to our country of residence after 2 and half month so was wondering and hoping that we receive our PR Card within this time frame.