+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Track your PR card timeline and processing times here

MySky

Star Member
Sep 3, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
edmonton1985 said:
Have you received your PR Card yet? CIC received my Wfe's photos on April 25th. It has been over 5 weeks for me i think.
No, I have not. My photos were also delivered to their office on April 25th, which was over 6 weeks ago. I called the IRCC this morning and the call agent refused to even open my file. She just said there is a delay and they are working on the new photos received in early April. I don't fully trust their information though. Some of the call agents don't hesitate to lie or say things that are not factual.

Regarding the other question that why our photos were rejected, the only issue that comes to my mind is that my photo was perhaps not zoomed-in enough for the 5x7 cm size. Although the studio that took my photo is probably the most professional looking we have in our town, I think they may have left too much white space in the background. As the other user pointed out, it is not just about the size of the photo, but the proportion of it, the size from crown to chin, etc. are also important. I do believe they are being too picky, especially considering the fact that out photos are being scanned anyway. So the whole photo-resubmission issue does seem a little odd. I made sure the new photos were a bit bigger and the sides of my face filled the template picture they used. But who knows, they may reject these ones too and I will have to miss my trip. Oh well...

sraj07

May 26, 2015
my embassy made silly thing . i submitted 5 by 7 pic , but they cut into small size and pasted it in copr .
I did tell them that 5 by 7 is new dimension , but still they are arguing this is how they do for the COPR . i donno what else to tell them . i still have 40 days before i plan my landing . but i am sure my embassy wont issue me another copr with correct photo on it .

Please suggest me guys what the best i can do in this case .
I still have 1.5 month for my landing ...

aru_nj

Oct 7, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-08-2015
Doc's Request.
26-08-2015
AOR Received.
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
14-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
29-01-2016
LANDED..........
09-05-2016
sraj07 said:
Oh , i never knew that . i was thinking they have the scan picture in the database which can be used for printing the cards .
Did you offer a new photo at the POE to the officer ?
I guess you and me will get into trouble because of this photo thing . Looks like it takes months and months to get the cards for you and me .
lets hope things don't get worser than this .

I did contact the NY office , but they keep telling that they will crop the photo and that's how they do always
Lets see.

One of my friend who had received COPR from New york 4 months back received the PR card without any issue. He landed 3 months ago. His photo was also cropped like ours.

hotshot007

Apr 6, 2015
sraj07 said:
my embassy made silly thing . i submitted 5 by 7 pic , but they cut into small size and pasted it in copr .
I did tell them that 5 by 7 is new dimension , but still they are arguing this is how they do for the COPR . i donno what else to tell them . i still have 40 days before i plan my landing . but i am sure my embassy wont issue me another copr with correct photo on it .

Please suggest me guys what the best i can do in this case .
I still have 1.5 month for my landing ...
Take the correct photo with you when you land and just offer it to immigration officer. I know of a case where one person had old picture with old dimensions on their COPR. They offered the new pictures to the IO at landing at port of entry and the immigration officer took the old photo off COPR and stuck the new one with a glue stick. The person got the PR card without any issues. Here's a link to their story.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/new-pr-card-application-process-t406044.0.html;msg5084396#msg5084396

thanuxxi

Jan 5, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-10-2015
Doc's Request.
23-11-2015
AOR Received.
28-10-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
Has anyone who landed in May received the PR Card yet?

aru_nj

Oct 7, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-08-2015
Doc's Request.
26-08-2015
AOR Received.
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
14-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
29-01-2016
LANDED..........
09-05-2016
thanuxxi said:
Has anyone who landed in May received the PR Card yet?
Latest update is April 9th

edmonton1985

Star Member
May 24, 2015
Do you guys think people who resubmit pictures get first priority? Or they have to go through the same waiting time of 58 days to get it? Has anyone in this forum who got photo request in early of mid April receive their PR card yet?

edmonton1985

Star Member
May 24, 2015
MySky said:
No, I have not. My photos were also delivered to their office on April 25th, which was over 6 weeks ago. I called the IRCC this morning and the call agent refused to even open my file. She just said there is a delay and they are working on the new photos received in early April. I don't fully trust their information though. Some of the call agents don't hesitate to lie or say things that are not factual.

Regarding the other question that why our photos were rejected, the only issue that comes to my mind is that my photo was perhaps not zoomed-in enough for the 5x7 cm size. Although the studio that took my photo is probably the most professional looking we have in our town, I think they may have left too much white space in the background. As the other user pointed out, it is not just about the size of the photo, but the proportion of it, the size from crown to chin, etc. are also important. I do believe they are being too picky, especially considering the fact that out photos are being scanned anyway. So the whole photo-resubmission issue does seem a little odd. I made sure the new photos were a bit bigger and the sides of my face filled the template picture they used. But who knows, they may reject these ones too and I will have to miss my trip. Oh well...
That is just super annoying. I wish they had the PR card processing center phone number somewhere so we can call them and then find out what the heck is going on. Do you think that the same processing time (58 days) will apply to people who re submitted pictures?

riddymon

Jun 26, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
edmonton1985 said:
That is just super annoying. I wish they had the PR card processing center phone number somewhere so we can call them and then find out what the heck is going on. Do you think that the same processing time (58 days) will apply to people who re submitted pictures?
Yes...most people are taking about two months to receive their cards in general and I'm cruising towards the two month mark myself.

edmonton1985

Star Member
May 24, 2015
riddymon said:
Yes...most people are taking about two months to receive their cards in general and I'm cruising towards the two month mark myself.
Thanks riddymon. Were you asked to resubmit your pictures?

outstandinguy

Dec 13, 2009
lvlemon1 said:
Do you mind telling me what size of the photo you submit at the beginning?
I dont remember what was the photo size earlier however this time we have been asked to submit 50x70cm. I got the new pics compared with the previous ones and its an obvious difference between both. Nevertheless no idea as to why they have changed the size since in any case pics are scanned for printing on PRC which is of plastic made and similar to any standard atm/credit card i guess so.

MySky

Star Member
Sep 3, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
edmonton1985 said:
We don't really know I guess. Our processing time seems to be roughly the same as the PR processing time of 58 days.