+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Track your PR card timeline and processing times here

sraj07

May 26, 2015
aru_nj said:
Did visa office cut and paste your passport size photo in COPR . I mean did they reduce the size of orginal 50*70 photo inorder to paste in COPR ?
Hi Arun

Yes , for me they did crop the image and paste in COPR - NewYork Embassy did that

I think the COPR with the photo will be signed and handed to us at POE . -->Guys plz correct me if i am wrong here

Also they use the scan picture of our photo in their system to print the PR cards . i don't think they physically remove the picture on that COPR and use the same for the PR card ... I think in the system our photos will be still 50 by 70 , even if they cut and stick it in the COPR .

Guys someone say am i correct or wrong?

aru_nj

Oct 7, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-08-2015
Doc's Request.
26-08-2015
AOR Received.
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
14-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
29-01-2016
LANDED..........
09-05-2016
sraj07 said:
Hi Arun

Yes , for me they did crop the image and paste in COPR - NewYork Embassy did that

I think the COPR with the photo will be signed and handed to us at POE . -->Guys plz correct me if i am wrong here

Also they use the scan picture of our photo in their system to print the PR cards . i don't think they physically remove the picture on that COPR and use the same for the PR card ... I think in the system our photos will be still 50 by 70 , even if they cut and stick it in the COPR .

Guys someone say am i correct or wrong?
Hi friend.

I did my landing last month . POE officer had handed over the COPR without the photo and on my, question he told me that the photo in COPR will be used for PR card printing. I dont know why New york office reduced the photo size.

ain08

Star Member
Sep 23, 2015
Hi Guys, I receive a photo re-submission request through email.

They are requesting for 2 new photo. On back of one, I need to put my name, date of birth, name of studio and address of studio. Does this mean that the other should not have the same details and should be empty?

Does that photo have to be sealed like in a studio's small envelope?

Also, it should come with that letter request. Can I fold that letter?

I am sending this letter and photo from Abu Dhabi directly to Nova Scotia, is that ok?

Sorry if this question may sound stupid, I just need a clarification and don't want this to be repeated again. Thank you.

riddymon

Jun 26, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ain08 said:
Hi Guys, I receive a photo re-submission request through email.

They are requesting for 2 new photo. On back of one, I need to put my name, date of birth, name of studio and address of studio. Does this mean that the other should not have the same details and should be empty?

Only one needs it but both wouldn't hurt

Does that photo have to be sealed like in a studio's small envelope?

No

Also, it should come with that letter request. Can I fold that letter?

Yes...the instructions specifically tell you to return the letter.. Doesn't matter if you fold it or not

I am sending this letter and photo from Abu Dhabi directly to Nova Scotia, is that ok?

It tells you which address to send it to in nova scotia....you send it directly there. so yes it's fine

Sorry if this question may sound stupid, I just need a clarification and don't want this to be repeated again. Thank you.

hotshot007

Apr 6, 2015
Those of you who have been asked to resubmit photos recently i.e landed after April. Can you think why you were asked? If the photos were according to specs it is very weird to still be asked to submit them.

My theory is that as the signed COPR with picture is sent from Port of Entry for PR card, many get lost and hence people are asked to "resubmit" photos not because there is something wrong with the photo but because they have lost the paper and they just need a photo to produce the card.

Also would appreciate if anyone of you who has received a new photo request through email can share the email address where the request came from?

Thank you in advance for your reply.

prav082

Star Member
Feb 25, 2015
Updated sheet:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/16UobdGYAhVTv9Xarp4ctJWozD1JkUTwPHU03UEJ6e8w/edit#gid=0

Happy to see green rows increasing :) :)

next2015

Nov 18, 2014
hotshot007 said:
Those of you who have been asked to resubmit photos recently i.e landed after April. Can you think why you were asked? If the photos were according to specs it is very weird to still be asked to submit them.

My theory is that as the signed COPR with picture is sent from Port of Entry for PR card, many get lost and hence people are asked to "resubmit" photos not because there is something wrong with the photo but because they have lost the paper and they just need a photo to produce the card.

Also would appreciate if anyone of you who has received a new photo request through email can share the email address where the request came from?

From posts by individuals who were asked to retake photos, I have noticed it doesn't matter whether your photo size was the old(smaller) or current (larger) size. My opinion is: if the image (head size, shoulders etc.) does not meet the specifications, you will be asked to retake the photo, regardless the size of the paper. I think people are obsessed with the new photo size, and therefore think it is all about the photo being 50 x 70, and pay no attention to the image specifications.

Personally, my family and I took our photos in 2015, before the new 2016 specs were published. However, we were not asked to retake the photos - we got our cards, recently. In fact, during our landing interview, I offered the new (larger) photos and the IO declined to take them. So , it is not just the size of the photo paper, the image must meet the image-specifications as well.

edmonton1985

Star Member
May 24, 2015
Does it matter if you get BOTH the photos for PR stamped and dated from the photographer? I got stamps on both of my wife photos and I hope it doesn't make a difference. I have heard lots of people on this forum have done the same thing and got their PR card.

riddymon

Jun 26, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hotshot007 said:

Myself and a friend of mine were asked to retake photos. We both did our landing at the CIC office here in Halifax, NS. They do many landings here and the whole process seems pretty organized so I don't they'd be losing photos commonly, etc. I took my photos as Walmart, she took hers at Costco. 50mm x 70mm is basically standard passport photo size and they take hundreds of photos a week. I haven't been able to see any rhyme or reason as to why this has been happening to so many people. There's lots of stories on here of people who landed as a family, all had the same photos and some of their family members received their cards and others were requested photos again. The question is moreso, what's happening at the case processing center that's causing this to happen. This may have to do with the influx of permanent residents over the past 6 to 8 months and they can't handle the volume. Who knows though...

riddymon

Jun 26, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
edmonton1985 said:
Does it matter if you get BOTH the photos for PR stamped and dated from the photographer? I got stamps on both of my wife photos and I hope it doesn't make a difference. I have heard lots of people on this forum have done the same thing and got their PR card.
Stamps on both photos is fine, you only need it on one pic.

riddymon

Jun 26, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
edmonton1985 said:
Thanks for a quick reply! I appreciate it.
I'm bored at work...browsing on here passes the time ;D

edmonton1985

Star Member
May 24, 2015
MySky said:
Has anyone with the photo submission request received their PR card yet? My new photos were received over 6 weeks ago and I haven't heard back from them.
Have you received your PR Card yet? CIC received my Wfe's photos on April 25th. It has been over 5 weeks for me i think.

sraj07

May 26, 2015
aru_nj said:
Hi friend.

I did my landing last month . POE officer had handed over the COPR without the photo and on my, question he told me that the photo in COPR will be used for PR card printing. I dont know why New york office reduced the photo size.
Oh , i never knew that . i was thinking they have the scan picture in the database which can be used for printing the cards .
Did you offer a new photo at the POE to the officer ?
I guess you and me will get into trouble because of this photo thing . Looks like it takes months and months to get the cards for you and me .
lets hope things don't get worser than this .

I did contact the NY office , but they keep telling that they will crop the photo and that's how they do always

thanuxxi

Jan 5, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-10-2015
Doc's Request.
23-11-2015
AOR Received.
28-10-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
Please add me: landed on May 4th, CEC Inland.