+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Track your PR card timeline and processing times here

free_bird81

Apr 11, 2018
Me along with my wife and daughter landed on Dec 27 (Toronto Pearson International Airport).
On Feb 14 I received an email requesting photographs(no mail only email), on Feb16th received a mail(no email only mail) requested my daughter's photographs and nothing for my wife.
A month later, queried cic using webform and surprisingly they said that they already requested my wife's photographs. but I didn't receive any email or mail.
Wife photographs sent on Mar 16th and waiting for her card.
Received mine and my daughter's cards on Mar 12th
have you tried contacting them about your wife's PR CARD status? either by phone or by raising a service request.

jagadishgandhi

Star Member
Aug 23, 2017
Toronto, ON
Category........
FSW
Hello,

I landed on 23rd March at Toronto Pearson. I have been trying to link my PR Card application with CIC online account with no luck. I'm unable to find my application so far. I have tried different combinations of all my application details. I have raised a case as well a few days ago. There is no response yet.

Is there anything else I can do locate my PR Card application? Please help.

Thanks,
Jagadish

Baahubali

May 18, 2017
Hello,

I landed on 23rd March at Toronto Pearson. I have been trying to link my PR Card application with CIC online account with no luck. I'm unable to find my application so far. I have tried different combinations of all my application details. I have raised a case as well a few days ago. There is no response yet.

Is there anything else I can do locate my PR Card application? Please help.

Thanks,
Jagadish
Linking your application doesn't really help much. Best ways to get updates from CIC are calling them or sending case enquiry.

Reactions: Wandering Mind

jagadishgandhi

Star Member
Aug 23, 2017
Toronto, ON
Category........
FSW
Linking your application doesn't really help much. Best ways to get updates from CIC are calling them or sending case enquiry.
I just called to check the status. Fortunately, they can see my application in the system.

However, the agent mentioned that new PR Card applications cannot be linked to CIC Online account. From all the posts here, that didn't sound correct. Anyway, I didn't challenge her on that.

Reactions: LittleHuang

Kntn

Mar 22, 2018
Congrats!

Were you able to check the status online or link the application to CIC account?
No. In fact I never tried linking my application to CIC, because my account had been created by my lawyer. He had several clients under the same log in. So, for confidentiality reasons, he wasn’t in a position to share the log in credentials with me.

You are on the right track. As long as CIC have your correct email ID and mailing address, you are good. If they need any additional info, they will contact you. In case you sense any delay or have queries, you can always call and enquire.

z0mbie

Star Member
Jun 8, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
I just called to check the status. Fortunately, they can see my application in the system.

However, the agent mentioned that new PR Card applications cannot be linked to CIC Online account. From all the posts here, that didn't sound correct. Anyway, I didn't challenge her on that.
If you read the instructions on linking paper applications, it clearly lists the type of application that are currently supported. Among them, renewal of PR cards is supported where as initial PR card is not. I am not sure why some people can link and some cannot. Rasing a technical query does not help since the initial PR card is not supported. Also the Client Application Status check does not support initial PR card as well. Only way to check your status is by calling them.

Lee2018

Apr 12, 2018
Hi guys,
Me and my husband landed on Feb 17 2018 together at Woodstock, NB. He is the primary applicant.

We both sighed the CoPR paper and shaked hands with the CBSA (Canada Border Service Agent) officer and became official. After 52 days, my husband received his PR card, mine didn't arrive. So we called CIC for the first time and was told that there is an unknown delay on my application, the CIC officer asked us to wait for anther week. We waited and the card didn't come, then we called the second time and were told that my application was never confirmed at the border, so the officer asked us which border we went and sent a letter to them to confirm. Now we are waiting for Woodstock border 's reply. Has anybody encountered this situation before? Did they just simply forget? and what's going to happen? Will I have to wait for another 60 days?

Thanks a lot guys.

z0mbie

Star Member
Jun 8, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
Hi guys,
Me and my husband landed on Feb 17 2018 together at Woodstock, NB. He is the primary applicant.

We both sighed the CoPR paper and shaked hands with the CBSA (Canada Border Service Agent) officer and became official. After 52 days, my husband received his PR card, mine didn't arrive. So we called CIC for the first time and was told that there is an unknown delay on my application, the CIC officer asked us to wait for anther week. We waited and the card didn't come, then we called the second time and were told that my application was never confirmed at the border, so the officer asked us which border we went and sent a letter to them to confirm. Now we are waiting for Woodstock border 's reply. Has anybody encountered this situation before? Did they just simply forget? and what's going to happen? Will I have to wait for another 60 days?

Thanks a lot guys.
Do you have the stamped & signed COPR? If so, offer the agent a copy of that COPR as proof. It is your official proof of landing.

Lee2018

Apr 12, 2018
Do you have the stamped & signed COPR? If so, offer the agent a copy of that COPR as proof. It is your official proof of landing.
Thanks for the quick reply! Yes, I have the stamped & signed copy, will certainly do that! hope I won't wait for another 60 days..

Navprateek

Dec 29, 2015
No. In fact I never tried linking my application to CIC, because my account had been created by my lawyer. He had several clients under the same log in. So, for confidentiality reasons, he wasn’t in a position to share the log in credentials with me.

You are on the right track. As long as CIC have your correct email ID and mailing address, you are good. If they need any additional info, they will contact you. In case you sense any delay or have queries, you can always call and enquire.
Hi do you know long it takes to mail the card after its sent to production?
I called cic and they told me that it was sent on 10th April.