MP711

Apr 9, 2018
Landed Feb 20 at Rainbow Bridge
Was not able to link the application
Got the card in mail for me and my husband today
Best of luck to everyone

Baahubali

May 18, 2017
Getting back to a previous application on receipt of additional documents depends on the officer who is handling your case. After the documents are received, they are checked and double checked by superiors for approval. Then only, they are accepted.

If in doubt about whether IRCC has received your additional documents, we can always send them a case specific enquiry through online form. But first, we need to make sure that our package was delivered to them. In my case, I've always used Canada Post for sending documents or passports to IRCC offices.

IRCC CPC offices are large volume receivers and they don't collect every package sent to them personally. All our packages go to their mailbox. IRCC representative collects mails every other day. These mails are sorted and passed on to respective case officer. I always cross check with Canada post customer support regarding delivery confirmation, if I don't get confirmation from their tracking page.

If we don't see an update on our application within a week of delivery, we should always send them a case specific enquiry. Sometimes, the application is not updated even after additional documents are successfully delivered till the case officer has checked all docs.

Hope this information if of help to everyone.

Have a good one.

Jai Mahismati :)
I sent them my photos by courier and I do see that they were signed and received by someone but that doesnt necessarily mean the package was received by the concerned PR card processing department. Cic should at least make an entry in mycic profile indicating the photos were received and I have complied to their request. I did send a CSE but the reply was literally that they have no information on my photos since they are still processing photos before 12 march.

DeBaPh

Star Member
Jan 19, 2018
I sent them my photos by courier and I do see that they were signed and received by someone but that doesnt necessarily mean the package was received by the concerned PR card processing department. Cic should at least make an entry in mycic profile indicating the photos were received and I have complied to their request. I did send a CSE but the reply was literally that they have no information on my photos since they are still processing photos before 12 march.
That's totally right.

Your package was collected by IRCC representative and would reach the officer after sorting & there is a probable chance that processing department might not have updated the status. Not sure, how their process works for PR card photo requests as their department processing PR cards seems to be different.

I can understand how frustrating it can be, when we don't know at what stage our application is. I've gone through the same while my TRV application was in process and I was under the dilemma of my passport being lost :) . But, they did reply to my CSE that passport was received by concerned department after 2 weeks which was a relief later.

I totally second the idea of a status update after passport, photo or other additional documents delivery. I hope IRCC considers this in future as it'll be a big relief for applicants.

Please don't worry. Best part is that your application is approved already and you just need to get through the last step of getting a PR card.

I hope you get an update soon.

Good Luck.

Reactions: Wandering Mind

Baahubali

May 18, 2017
That's totally right.

Your package was collected by IRCC representative and would reach the officer after sorting & there is a probable chance that processing department might not have updated the status. Not sure, how their process works for PR card photo requests as their department processing PR cards seems to be different.

I can understand how frustrating it can be, when we don't know at what stage our application is. I've gone through the same while my TRV application was in process and I was under the dilemma of my passport being lost :) . But, they did reply to my CSE that passport was received by concerned department after 2 weeks which was a relief later.

I totally second the idea of a status update after passport, photo or other additional documents delivery. I hope IRCC considers this in future as it'll be a big relief for applicants.

Please don't worry. Best part is that your application is approved already and you just need to get through the last step of getting a PR card.

I hope you get an update soon.

Good Luck.
Thanks. I am going to call them again on Friday. Calling is the fastest way to check for updates.

reify

Star Member
Nov 2, 2016
Is it possible to create a new CIC account after completing the landing, The purpose is to track the PR card status. The earlier account created till receiving COPR was created by a consultant who uses the same account to file for many applications and hence not sharing the account login details.

If it is possible to create a new account and link to the Express Entry profile in which we received COPR. Please advise.

testtrav2

Star Member
Dec 7, 2017
Is it possible to create a new CIC account after completing the landing, The purpose is to track the PR card status. The earlier account created till receiving COPR was created by a consultant who uses the same account to file for many applications and hence not sharing the account login details.

If it is possible to create a new account and link to the Express Entry profile in which we received COPR. Please advise.
Yes. just create a new id
using the id try to pull your PR card application and link it
I did that recently

passportwait

Star Member
Jun 16, 2017
How long does it take for your card to arrive once the status in the portal says PR card was approved.

Mine was approved April 4th and the card has not arrived yet. Its going to address in Nova Scotia.

Please advise

DeBaPh

Star Member
Jan 19, 2018

You need same information like application no., UCI no., DOB, etc. to link your PR & PR card applications. If you have all that information about your profile then you can definitely link any of your previous and new applications to a new account.

I guess, linking an application to multiple accounts should not be a problem, as not everybody will have confidential information needed to link an application.

Congratulations for your PR and all the best for your future.

Reactions: reify

DeBaPh

Star Member
Jan 19, 2018
How long does it take for your card to arrive once the status in the portal says PR card was approved.

Mine was approved April 4th and the card has not arrived yet. Its going to address in Nova Scotia.

Please advise
It usually doesn't take more than a week to receive PR card after approval.

IRCC uses Canada post for mails and they don't delay a package delivery unless there is a public holiday or bad weather disrupting its service.

There were no public holidays last weekend. You should get your PR card by this weekend. If it doesn't arrive by Friday or Saturday, I would recommend to raise a case specific enquiry with IRCC regarding your case.

Hopefully, you'll get it by his weekend.

All the best.

Reactions: Wandering Mind

testtrav2

Star Member
Dec 7, 2017

Please advise
do you know what is the mailing address on your profile?
in some cases if attorney processed your application, their address could be mailing address to which your card will be sent (unless you call and expire it)

passportwait

Star Member
Jun 16, 2017
do you know what is the mailing address on your profile?
in some cases if attorney processed your application, their address could be mailing address to which your card will be sent (unless you call and expire it)
Thank You. Yes its my friends address on the profile.

jinjinjin

Dec 2, 2015

Please advise
Mine got approved on April 5th. I haven't received it either.

passportwait

Star Member
Jun 16, 2017
It usually doesn't take more than a week to receive PR card after approval.

IRCC uses Canada post for mails and they don't delay a package delivery unless there is a public holiday or bad weather disrupting its service.

There were no public holidays last weekend. You should get your PR card by this weekend. If it doesn't arrive by Friday or Saturday, I would recommend to raise a case specific enquiry with IRCC regarding your case.

Hopefully, you'll get it by his weekend.

All the best.
Thank you. Appreciate your reply. Hopefully I will get it this week.