+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Track your PR card timeline and processing times here

YANP

Star Member
Oct 3, 2015
Hey guys,

Today my status changed to approved and shows all the information about my PR card.

Landing Nov 4 (Ottawa)
Photos request Dec 22
Uploaded Feb 6
Approved Feb 7
Received
Congrats... When did they receive your photos?

Makeit

Star Member
Jan 11, 2011
Guys - just a warning.

I landed on 17th November 2017. Was expecting my PR card around January 16-17.

I heard nothing so I have been trying to find out more by submitting CSE (outside Canada so can't call).

The eventualy replied (3rd attempt at contacting via CSE) and it turns out THEY DID NOT HAVE AN ADDRESS ON FILE FOR ME.

This despite the fact I GAVE THEM A CANADIAN ADDRESS when I landed at Toronto Pearson, the guy even read it back to me to confirm it.

They told me to submit ANOTHER CSE with the address. Which I have just done. God knows how long this will add to my wait!

So, if anyone is more than a week past the expected arrival date for their PR card my advice is to call or email them ASAP. If I did not ask they were not going to request it from me - this could have dragged on more months.

Honestly from applying for EE right through to actually getting the PR card has been an absolutely terrible experience with so many complications that could be avoided.

Thankfully I have got the PR and I am glad of it but man - what an ordeal!

Good luck to all!

canadiantica15

Sep 14, 2016
Visa Office......
Mississauga/Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-04-2017
AOR Received.
01-05-2017
File Transfer...
24-05-2017
Med's Request
06-06-2017
Med's Done....
28-06-2017
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
24-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
08-11-2017
LANDED..........
15-12-2017
Landed on December 15 at Ogdensburg/Prescott border and nothing has changed on the account. Anyone else still waiting?

Makeit

Star Member
Jan 11, 2011
Make sure they have the correct address in your PR card application. You can only find out this by talking to someone in the calling center. Note that the address on file might be different than the address in the PR CARD application. For me, they had an address on file but not in the application so they could not process it.
Thanks for this sir - it turns out my case was EXACTLY the same as yours - I gave them my Canadian address at landing but they didnt put it on my file - what a total mess!

I see you had your card approved very quickly after updating your address - when do you expect to receive it?

Reactions: Hayhi87

chirag028

Jan 31, 2018
Landed on December 15 at Ogdensburg/Prescott border and nothing has changed on the account. Anyone else still waiting?
I landed on December 20 at at Ogdensburg/Prescott border and my Review of additional documents is changed to "The additional documents you provided have been uploaded" before 12-15 days ago but since then there is no chang on my account.
Hopefully my application will approve in couple of days.

jman25

Jul 27, 2017
Woohoo! Application approved this Morning.

Landing Date: Dec/17/2017
Application Approved: Feb/07/2018

Hopefully the card will arrive by Friday or so :p

Reactions: RosefoD

Silent29

Jul 26, 2017
Guys - my status so far

Landing Date: Nov/22/2017
Photo Request: Jan/10/2018
Photos Sent: Jan/12/2018
Photos Received : Jan/15/2018
Application Status: In progress

My application status for additional docs is still "in review" while for my wife is "have been uploaded"

Why is there a gap? Should I call up CIC and check once?

leila92

May 7, 2016
What's the percentage of people who get a new photos request email? It seems like the vast majority of people posting in this thread got that request, but only one of my friends got it (as far as I know). I'm just trying to figure out how often it happens, I wanted to visit home as soon as possible.

ruldamaan

Dec 14, 2017
My resend photos were received on Jan 2nd and still my status is In review. I am out of country. Many people from 2nd and 15th are getting approve. Should i be worried?