+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Track your PR card timeline and processing times here

Hansdza

Mar 7, 2013
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yeah, it's getting longer and longer with IRCC recently.

Hopefully they are not overwhelmed with the Express Entry or refugee processing or worse the old backlog that keeps piling up to the roof..

dentdoc

Mar 27, 2016
All EE Applicants,

Telegram Express Entry Group, Join Canada Express Entry Group by one of our members Knightkax for discussions just like whatsapp group more members and features.
Below is the link for Canada Express Entry Group, click on this link to get added.
ww.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/oopnp-acknowledgment-received-t307460.0.html;msg5081131#msg5081131

Dreams123

Aug 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi

I did landing on Jan 17. They ask for pictures again and i sent it. They received it on March 22, 2016. When should i expect to get the PR card?

Thanks

jamason

Feb 15, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-04-2015
AOR Received.
01-07-2015
IELTS Request
14-07-2015
Passport Req..
24-12-2015
LANDED..........
12-01-2016
Dreams123 said:
Hi

I did landing on Jan 17. They ask for pictures again and i sent it. They received it on March 22, 2016. When should i expect to get the PR card?

Thanks
should take atleast a month

tc23

Jul 9, 2015
Landed on January 18th, phoned the call centre a few weeks ago and was told my PR card was mailed out on February 23rd and to wait till 6 weeks have passed from the mailing date before contacting them again. I also confirmed that the address they have on file is correct. I will hit the 6 week mark next week on April 5th. At this point, I'm fairly certain that Canada Post has misdelivered/lost my PR card. To say I'm frustrated is an understatement, they really need to add some sort of tracking for documents as important as a PR card. In the meantime, I suppose I'll read up on how to file a solemn declaration for a lost/stolen/destroyed/never received PR card.

AAA2133

Dec 17, 2014
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2015
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
28-09-2015
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
21-10-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
24-09-2015
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
24-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
10-03-2016
LANDED..........
11-03-2016
tc23 said:
Landed on January 18th, phoned the call centre a few weeks ago and was told my PR card was mailed out on February 23rd and to wait till 6 weeks have passed from the mailing date before contacting them again. I also confirmed that the address they have on file is correct. I will hit the 6 week mark next week on April 5th. At this point, I'm fairly certain that Canada Post has misdelivered/lost my PR card. To say I'm frustrated is an understatement, they really need to add some sort of tracking for documents as important as a PR card. In the meantime, I suppose I'll read up on how to file a solemn declaration for a lost/stolen/destroyed/never received PR card.
In what universe it takes 6 weeks to deliver a mail?!! Try contacting them again.

YamPower

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2015
Med's Done....
14-04-2015
Passport Req..
09-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
23-09-2015
LANDED..........
13-11-2015
Hansdza said:
Yampower.. Did you get your card yet? I see it on your signature. Did you land In November?

I got my card in the mail this morning.

It was sent to my old address and now I'm sure of this because the envelope has my new address but the letter inside with the PR stuck to it has my old address crossed out.

Ultimately what happened is that the card went to my old address, was returned to CIC and it looks like they put it in a new envelope and mailed it back to me on March 22.

At no point did any of the call centre agents give me any info like this. Even though I've now gotten it, it's really a disgrace how it was handled.

I already sent a CSE asking them not to process my solemn declaration.

Just happy this is finally over.

Hansdza

Mar 7, 2013
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yeah, keep calling them guys.. if your waiting time has passed the current standard processing time, keep calling them..

I would understand if it is PR application which could take a lot of time to do processes and verification. But I wouldn't understand for PRINTING a card. All your landing information should be available once the officer in the border entered your information in their computer when you did your landing. That's it

So it's unacceptable to wait very long time just for clerical stuff.. I don't appreciate it

anarsoul

Jul 12, 2014
Hansdza said:
Yeah, keep calling them guys.. if your waiting time has passed the current standard processing time, keep calling them..

I would understand if it is PR application which could take a lot of time to do processes and verification. But I wouldn't understand for PRINTING a card. All your landing information should be available once the officer in the border entered your information in their computer when you did your landing. That's it

So it's unacceptable to wait very long time just for clerical stuff.. I don't appreciate it
It's very likely that there's some bureaucracy associated with issuance of PR card. Anyway, they could hire more people or open another center that issues PR cards (now there's only one for whole Canada)

zara1986

Star Member
May 5, 2015
Guys I have an emergency case.I became a pr on Dec16, 2015 and was asked to send new photos. I did that on March 14. the problem is I had to trave for family emergency. now I'm outside Canada and tried boarding my flight tonight but they didn't let me. I cannot apply for travel document cuz it's time consuming and I need to come back ASAP? any ideas?
Also do we get the card in the mailbox or we have to sign?thanks

anarsoul

Jul 12, 2014
zara1986 said:
Guys I have an emergency case.I became a pr on Dec16, 2015 and was asked to send new photos. I did that on March 14. the problem is I had to trave for family emergency. now I'm outside Canada and tried boarding my flight tonight but they didn't let me. I cannot apply for travel document cuz it's time consuming and I need to come back ASAP? any ideas?
Also do we get the card in the mailbox or we have to sign?thanks
You can take a flight to USA and enter Canada using private car with COPR-only. It's the only way to enter Canada without PR card or PR travel document.

One_Topsy

Champion Member
Sep 12, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
30-11-2015
zara1986 said:
How do I fly to USA? I'm from Iran and don't have visa for that.
Apply for the travel document. No other way. You should have known that