+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Track your PR card timeline and processing times here

zara1986

Star Member
May 5, 2015
jamason said:
I sent the pictures on March 2nd and CIC received on March 7th. April 1st received the PR card. Approximately, 30 days from sent pictures and received PR card.
Thanks, can i ask which province you live in?

Soon2332

Jan 21, 2016
Hey guys, I landed on 10th feb, i had photos according to new specs 50x70 mm but when I called cic agent today, they told to resend the photo, so I dont kne why they asking to resend photos inspite of sending correct photos.

AAA2133

Dec 17, 2014
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2015
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
28-09-2015
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
21-10-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
24-09-2015
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
24-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
10-03-2016
LANDED..........
11-03-2016
Soon2332 said:
Hey guys, I landed on 10th feb, i had photos according to new specs 50x70 mm but when I called cic agent today, they told to resend the photo, so I dont kne why they asking to resend photos inspite of sending correct photos.

It made me really worried about my case since I already booked a trip for third week of June.

zara1986

Star Member
May 5, 2015
I sent the new photos on March 15 and it was delivered on March 17. I just called CIC and they said my status says: request for new photos was sent... this makes me really worried.Most people receive their card one month after resubmitting photos. is it possible that they're processing it but haven't updated the profile?

Deccan

Feb 19, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zara1986 said:
I sent the new photos on March 15 and it was delivered on March 17. I just called CIC and they said my status says: request for new photos was sent... this makes me really worried.Most people receive their card one month after resubmitting photos. is it possible that they're processing it but haven't updated the profile?
Pretty much the same timeline re: new photos. Delivered to IRCC on March 17. I called them yesterday and got the same answer they gave you. In fact, the agent told me we'll have to redo photos and resend--again. It's highly unlikely that the new photos do not meet specs. It's probably more a question of their system not being updated. I'm going to call again in a couple of days and see what they say.

It's frustrating that they can't tell us what exactly is wrong with the original photos so that subsequent ones can be corrected accordingly.

zara1986

Star Member
May 5, 2015
I'm outside Canada and waiting for this to be able to come back.So we have to send new photos now???? the agent I talked to was very unhelpful and confusing. I don't know if that update was an old update and they haven't updated my status after the new photos or it's a new one and I have to send new photos?

YamPower

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2015
Med's Done....
14-04-2015
Passport Req..
09-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
23-09-2015
LANDED..........
13-11-2015
Hansdza said:
Yampower.. Did you get your card yet? I see it on your signature. Did you land In November?
I got it on March 30, 2016 and landed on Nov 13, 2015. Initially it was mailed out on February 7 but was mailed to my old address, returned to sender after a couple weeks and then sent back by CIC on March 22 and got to me on March 30. SMH. Glad it's finally over.

fernsie39

Oct 2, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zara1986 said:
I'm outside Canada and waiting for this to be able to come back.So we have to send new photos now???? the agent I talked to was very unhelpful and confusing. I don't know if that update was an old update and they haven't updated my status after the new photos or it's a new one and I have to send new photos?
Not everyone has to send new photos. Some people have had requests and some get their card without any photo resubmission. I think there was an increase in the amount of photo resubmission requests due to the photo specification change back in November (ish?). So if the photos you sent with your PPR were under the old specs, they may require ones under the new specs (50mm x 70mm).

Having said all this, it seems some people just get asked for new photos anyway, regardless of specs.

zara1986

Star Member
May 5, 2015
I was asked to send new photos once and i sent them but when I called cic today i was told latest update is request for photos. my confusion is if this is a new request for photos or the old ones?

Deccan

Feb 19, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zara1986 said:
I was asked to send new photos once and i sent them but when I called cic today i was told latest update is request for photos. my confusion is if this is a new request for photos or the old ones?
Recommend you wait a couple of days and call again.

kkkv

Star Member
Sep 16, 2015
zara1986 said:
same here. I sent my first photos (50x70mm) on March 7th, called last Friday and the lady said there is a photo request for me. I asked her to check if that request was old or new, she just emailed me a photo request. So I end up sent a new set today.

I don't understand, how wrong a set of photo could be???

CanPRCEC

Star Member
Feb 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
YamPower said:
I got it on March 30, 2016 and landed on Nov 13, 2015. Initially it was mailed out on February 7 but was mailed to my old address, returned to sender after a couple weeks and then sent back by CIC on March 22 and got to me on March 30. SMH. Glad it's finally over.
Congrats!!

throughout the process, for mailing i gave my work address and received PP and copr to the same. When i landed gave same mailing address but they took my residence address as well. Will they send PR card to only residence address?. Im worried as i moved to different place.

I landed on Mar5th' 16

zara1986

Star Member
May 5, 2015
kkkv said:
same here. I sent my first photos (50x70mm) on March 7th, called last Friday and the lady said there is a photo request for me. I asked her to check if that request was old or new, she just emailed me a photo request. So I end up sent a new set today.

I don't understand, how wrong a set of photo could be???
My guess is that they haven't updated our profiles yet? and that's the old photo request. at least that's what I'm hoping for... this is just ridiculous!

qinghe

Aug 13, 2015
I landed on Jan. 15th together with my husband and son. Both of them received PR Card on Feb. 26th. But I was requested to re-submit the photo and sent on 8th March. Till now, I did not receive mine.

hotshot007

Apr 6, 2015
Hello all,

Those of you who have been asked to resubmit photos. How many and which address have you sent it to? Also what reference information do we need to include with the photos so they can link with our files? Is there a special form we need to resubmit with the photos?

Thank you.