+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Track your PR card timeline and processing times here

sm311

Mar 7, 2020
Photos and info letter sent to Calgary. CoPR date 12 Jun. Photos received at Calgary 8th Jul. 1st ghost update today

Romain87

May 9, 2020
It's now been a month since my partner and our child's card has been approved. We still haven't received our child's card and my application is still showing as submitted. All applications were submitted in the same envelope.
I understand, it is so frustrating. My PR Card has been approved on October 13th but I didn’t receive yet my card. My spouse application is still showing submitted and we sent our photos on the same enveloppe. I don’t understand how it works ...

Reactions: afaisalnwo

lsingh56

Star Member
Apr 21, 2020
I can feel you. I send an email to Winnipeg office and they haven’t even responded to my email that I send directly to Winnipeg office(not Webform). it is just crazy to see how slow they can be. And if IRCC knew that Winnipeg office is closed then why did they ask us to send our photos there? Almost all offices are working in this pandemic or at least responding to emails but Winnipeg office is nowhere near even going to work. Today I called IRCC and ask them if they can send the email to Winnipeg office, the lady responded that they cannot anymore as the offices asked them not to forward requests for delay in processing of PR cards.
I agree with you. I know we have to wait right, but in case of emergency they should be considerate and based it should not be more than 3 months for the cards!! It is just they have to upload a photo to the system that’s it but still they make the excuse of pandemic. If they know already the office close so then mail to the applicant to resend the photos to the other office. This really sucks!!

BUG

Jan 29, 2020
Hi All,

I am a permanent resident in Canada (Fsw-Outland) came from States. I did my landing by road via Michigan - Windsor border on 10th of July and I am waiting for my first PR card. I believe I do not have to send any photos or anything. But its been a while and no update whatsoever. Status shows as submitted, any others who are in the same situation as mine or can anyone please tell me when can I expect my card?

Thanks.

pat40

Jan 21, 2020
Pls advise.
My online inland EE PR application says estimated approval around 15th Nov.
i have an emergency and i have to travel to india in the first week of december. So how can i re enter canada ? What documents would i need. ? I am concerned if application gets approved when I am in India how would I re enter Canada ? My work permit is until nov 2021. Will that work if PR gets approved?
Pls advise.
In that case you will have one option that is you need to apply PRTD (PR travel documents) but already VFS in india is still closed you would not able to submit passport for that so you will have to wait in india untill VFC opens. And you will not be able to return to canada if pr gets approved as it makes your work permit visa invalid. So i would suggest only wait till you get pr and pr card.

Dinesh90

Feb 2, 2019
Surrey, BC
App. Filed.......
12-10-22
Doc's Request.
12-10-22
AOR Received.
24-10-2022
Hi,
My Paper based PR got approved on Sep 18th and I got COPR on Sep 29th. I mailed my COPR along with photos on Sep 30th for PR cards. I am trying to link the application to my GCKey but unable to link and says no information found. Can anyone please help me with how to link a account.

pat40

Jan 21, 2020
Hi,
My Paper based PR got approved on Sep 18th and I got COPR on Sep 29th. I mailed my COPR along with photos on Sep 30th for PR cards. I am trying to link the application to my GCKey but unable to link and says no information found. Can anyone please help me with how to link a account.
Write down place of Birth as written as in your GcMS notes or PR application that you sent to Sydney in beginning.

Dinesh90

Feb 2, 2019
Surrey, BC
App. Filed.......
12-10-22
Doc's Request.
12-10-22
AOR Received.
24-10-2022
Write down place of Birth as written as in your GcMS notes or PR application that you sent to Sydney in beginning.
Thank you, for your help. I have attached the applications now. My wife application is approved and mailed but no update on mine.

Reactions: pat40

kelangbac

Star Member
May 23, 2014
Hi guys, I got COPR couple days ago and successfully linked my PR card application to my online profile after sending a COPR copy and my photo to Etobicoke IRCC today. It took me two tries to fill the correct Place of Birth information. The first one I just put in my hometown then I got no found application response. Searching online and realized that I have to use the exact Place of Birth showing on my passport (which is my hometown province instead, case is matter too). Will follow your updates and will post here when I get anything new.

Hats.nads

Oct 16, 2020
No GU up till now, since the submission of the photos.
I got one ghost update on 20th October, my photos reached Sydney on the 08th October. But no update after the ghost update don't know when will they issue. I submitted my application for the pr card on the 15th July and only got an update to resend photos on 01st October. My wife and daughters card was issued in August and mine is still pending.

asm1987

Dec 18, 2019
I got one ghost update on 20th October, my photos reached Sydney on the 08th October. But no update after the ghost update don't know when will they issue. I submitted my application for the pr card on the 15th July and only got an update to resend photos on 01st October. My wife and daughters card was issued in August and mine is still pending.
We are in the same boat. The timelines are pretty much identical. Please keep us posted on any updates.

asm1987

Dec 18, 2019
Did you raise any web form yet? I raised it on the 20th. No response yet!