+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Track your PR card timeline and processing times here

koiwa528

Aug 12, 2015
News for people who sent photos to Winnipeg office. Yesterday I contacted IRCC yesterday the agent was nice and I asked about the status of my card and she said everything looks okay and she took the tracking number of my photos sent to the office to put it in the system as a note. And today I received a email from the Winnipeg office stating following:

Good day,

As stated on your approval letter, you can expect delays in the processing of your card. However, please note the letter you received is an official document that allow you to get your SIN and Provincial Health Card.

Thank you very much for your understanding as we navigate through these challenging times.

Thank you,

AA

Winnipeg- Domestic Network/Réseau national

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada/Immigration, Réfugiés et Citoyenneté Canada
Could you advise the email address of the Winnipeg office?

Reactions: lsingh56

Zardari_10%

Aug 4, 2020
Can I ask how you sent the photos? Did you use Canadapost? Can we use fedex or a courier service?
Sure. Yes, I sent the photos through Xpresspost service available through Canada Post.
If you are using Fedex or any other courier service, then you have to use Postal Address (as mentioned on IRCC website).
I hope this answers your inquiry.

Last edited:
Reactions: ryeCatcher

koiwa528

Aug 12, 2015
I just visited the IRCC Etobicoke office. The office is not closed to the public but I can see staff and security working inside the office. When I was walking around in front of the door, a very helpful officer came to ask my questions and I provided my UCI to her. After 5-10 minutes wait the officer came out and told me that my photo has been forwarded from Edmonton Office to Sydney Office. The officer from Sydney have opened up my information package and my card is waiting for production. However I have never seen GU before. The officer is very helpful to me and she said whenever I have any questions please feel free to reach out to her. Hope good news will come to us soon.
Just Got an email reply from IRCC Edmonton Office. So frustrated that they have time to response my email but don't have time to process my PR card application.!!!!!!!!! See my quoted post what Edmonton office replies to me is contradictory against what Etobicoke officer told me. It seems like my photo is still at Edmonton office, instead of already being transferred to Sydeny and waiting for production.

"In response to your inquiry regarding your permanent residence card:

Our office is currently working to process your Permanent Resident Card. Due to COVID-19 our government office is currently working with limited staff and resources. If you had a previous appointment to pick up your card at our office we will contact you to rebook.

To avoid any delays please ensure that your address is current and up to date. Please go to our website and submit your request via web form.

If you require further assistance, please telephone the Client Support Centre at 1-888-242-2100 or visit our website at www.canada.ca Please reference your application number and UCI."

We appreciate your patience during this time.

Last edited:
Reactions: chefbok92

ncat99

Jan 22, 2019
Hello all, My application status shows as PR cards are mailed today. I have moved a while back, so I mentioned my new address in the photos request letter.

Will CIC mail the PR cards to the new address that I mentioned or my old address ?

Reactions: Akt2019