+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Track your PR card timeline and processing times here

josh_1982

Jan 7, 2019
Typically GU means there is someone that opens your file, and typically something should happen soon (it happened in the past to me with the work permits). This time, however, I saw a GU on the PR Card application 11 days ago and no news since...

MoizArif

Apr 2, 2020
Hi all..
My husband and I are Outland applicants and we landed on June 25 2020. We returned back to USA after our soft landing and today I received a mail asking me to submit photographs. The processing office is Nova Scotia. I would like to know
1) Has any Outland applicant sent photos from USA to their processing office in Canada?
2) Was it processed without any issues? Since the photograph will have the name and address of the photo center from USA and also the mail will have an USA address( I do have an Canada address for receiving my PR card).
3) Only I have received this mail and my spouse hasn’t received any. So should I send only my pics or attach his pics as well. I am the principal applicant and he is the dependent applicant.

any help will be appreciated :) thanks a lot in advance.
I am also an outland applicant and after soft landing returned to US. I am under the impression that outland applicants do not send any photos, this requirement is only for inland applicants. I landed on 7th April along with my family and received a ghost update on CIC yesterday for my son's application.

SaraRahul

Jun 15, 2019
I am also an outland applicant and after soft landing returned to US. I am under the impression that outland applicants do not send any photos, this requirement is only for inland applicants. I landed on 7th April along with my family and received a ghost update on CIC yesterday for my son's application.
Hey hi.. ya I too thought the same but it seems the photos which they have on our COPR didn’t meet the requirements so they have asked me to send again. Only I have got the mail and my husband who is the dependent applicant didn’t get any mail regarding photo resubmission. I wanted to know if it’s ok to send from USA.

ttyaya

Feb 8, 2020
Hey everyone,
I have a question, when you received the COPR letter, the office requested you to send the letter with photos. Do you need to pay upfront for your first PR card? Should I attach the receipt with the letter and the photos and send to the office?
Or everything you need to do is only send the letter and photos?
thanks advance.

benson9189

Star Member
Mar 16, 2020
Typically GU means there is someone that opens your file, and typically something should happen soon (it happened in the past to me with the work permits). This time, however, I saw a GU on the PR Card application 11 days ago and no news since...
Same here. I even got 2 ghost updates ( on Sep. 4th & Sep. 17th), but still no news since.

Reactions: raamin

Bestedek

Sep 8, 2019
Where can I take passport photo that will meet Ircc specifications in Calgary South West. I am an outland applicant, landed in April and it's like ircc misplaced my photo so I was requested to submit another photo.

mahi01237

Star Member
May 28, 2020
Hello Everyone ,

Quick question , did any anyone applied to PRTD document recently . Couple of questions

1. I am inland applicant waiting for PR card but want to travel to US , am i eligible to apply with in Canada .
2. If so may i know the process and how long it takes to get PRTD document .

Appreciate your responses !

Meggg

Jul 27, 2020
Hi all, anyone have any idea how long PR Cards are taking to be printed from the Vancouver office? I skimmed back 10 pages but can't see anything related to Vancouver, apologies if it's already been mentioned

Jd10083

Mar 8, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Hello Everyone ,

Quick question , did any anyone applied to PRTD document recently . Couple of questions

1. I am inland applicant waiting for PR card but want to travel to US , am i eligible to apply with in Canada .
2. If so may i know the process and how long it takes to get PRTD document .

Appreciate your responses !
I think you can use copr to enter Canada from U.S as long as its via private transport over land border.

As for processing times for PRTD processing times, I am trying to figure this out also. Landed under automatic process a while back and waiting for first PR Card. IRCC dont seem to give processing times for it. Im travelling soon also and its ridiculous I have to apply for this and send my passport off in the middle of an essential trip.

People waiting on first card should automatically get a PRTD. Especially in the current environment where it take IRCC 4 months to process and sent out a plastic card.

Reactions: mahi01237

mahi01237

Star Member
May 28, 2020
I think you can use copr to enter Canada from U.S as long as its via private transport over land border.

As for processing times for PRTD processing times, I am trying to figure this out also. Landed under automatic process a while back and waiting for first PR Card. IRCC dont seem to give processing times for it. Im travelling soon also and its ridiculous I have to apply for this and send my passport off in the middle of an essential trip.

People waiting on first card should automatically get a PRTD. Especially in the current environment where it take IRCC 4 months to process and sent out a plastic card.
I think borders are closed , but how come it is possible via private transport?

So PRTD you can't apply with in Canada right and it depends on where you travelling as well but in this current scenario some VFS processing centers are closed ! How do you deal with this scenario?

Last edited:

pemyrie

May 15, 2009
Where can I take passport photo that will meet Ircc specifications in Calgary South West. I am an outland applicant, landed in April and it's like ircc misplaced my photo so I was requested to submit another photo.
You can take them at Costco. Just tell them it's for permanent residence card- they know the specifications.

Smtg

Apr 15, 2019
I got my picture taken from London Drug Mart, but that was from North Calgary.