+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TR to PR Question about Stoping Working

nadou013

Jun 28, 2021
Good day,

I applied TR to PR under International Graduate stream. I'm wondering if I stop working right now, will my application be refused? Is that ok if I stop working?

Thank you for your reply!!

nadou013

Jun 28, 2021
The IRCC website said that "Be employed in Canada with a valid permit or authorization to work pursuant to the Act and Regulations at the time the application for permanent residence is received ". They didn't mention that applicant should be employed when the application is approved. Does it mean they don't care if the applicant is keep working after submitting the application?

If someone could share thoughts about it, I appreciate it!

Naheulbeuck

Aug 14, 2015
Eligibility
To be eligible, you must
Also, yes it details at the time of the application when digging in more details, the general idea seem to be that you must be currently employed to qualify for this pathway. Since it is the first year and since it is full, I believe it would be a significant risk to go unemployed during the application process. Furthermore they most likely could reach out to your employer at any time (since you had to provide contact information and all) to confirm your employment. I'd say it would be a significant risk, most likely not so much if you just quit for another job that qualifies under the program, but definitely one I would not take lightly if you plan to just go unemployed.

Again, we don't have much to go on with this program, but for most of the other pathways, requirements at the time of application carry over for the duration of the process and only stop when PR is granted (landed), for example financial requirements for PGP list requirements at the time of applying but it is also well known that those financial requirements continue (and increase actually as LICO rises) during the 2 year process.

After that, I guess it all depends on the reason why you want to quit.