File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
okay but all of my job responsibilities are matching to the cashier job. My employer wrote job title ‘cashier’ as I work on drive thru cash outs and store front as well. Also, noc 6611 explanation says that it can be cafeteria or restaurant cashier also.
No one can stop you from trying to apply. However there is a high chance IRCC will say your NOC is 6711 once they see who your employer is. 6611 is not the right NOC for your job.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
so what is it means? Am i eligible as I am doing those duties and also those job responsibilities are mentioned in my reference letter with job title cashier. I am just concerned because most people say no. Please clear me am I in noc 6611 or 6711
No you are not eligible. You are NOC 6711. NOC 6611 specifically states grocery stores. You do not work in one. Your NOC will match 6711.

Neetu78

Apr 27, 2021
okay but all of my job responsibilities are matching to the cashier job. My employer wrote job title ‘cashier’ as I work on drive thru cash outs and store front as well. Also, noc 6611 explanation says that it can be cafeteria or restaurant cashier also.
Check the "Job acceptance letter/Work contract" that you SIGNED before joining your job. It will list all JOB-Duties you are required to perform.

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
The debate over "food counter attendants", specifically "Team Members" in Mcdonalds/Tims.

A questions was raised by an MP, towards Marian Campbell Jarvis "Assistant Deputy Minister for Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada."

Read below,

Mr. Sukh Dhaliwal (Surrey—Newton, Lib.):
Thank you, Madam Chair.
I want to thank the officials for their great work. This announcement on the pathway was made well in advance, but it wasn't clear what documents and information the applicants were required to be prepared to submit, which may have led to small errors and omissions in their applications.
Even today we can see that those two categories are not full, so I would suggest to the officials that instead of just rejecting those applications, they should be given a fair chance and sent a procedural fairness letter to address those concerns, instead of just taking that application out. That is my suggestion.
Secondly, Madam Campbell Jarvis was talking about essential work. When you go to many small restaurants, you see those NOC code 6513 and NOC code 6711 food and beverage servers, food counter attendants and kitchen helpers. I go to a small restaurant. Those food servers are the ones who greet people and seat them. They take the orders, serve the food and then at the end clean up the table. They work as cashiers.
I personally feel that category should be part of that essential workers stream. I request that you, the officials—and also, through you, the minister—see if we can include those NOC codes in those categories. Those essential positions are still at 7,637 out of the 30,000.
Many people have expressed frustration and confusion regarding the eligible NOC codes. There is conflicting information around that. Could officials please provide to this committee, in writing, the list of all eligible NOC codes for the six separate streams and also the ones they can include?
[Expand]
Ms. Marian Campbell Jarvis:
Thank you, Madam Chair. There are some really excellent questions there.
Just to take them in turn, with respect to the disparity in how quickly some of the applications are coming in, I think it really does come back to that client behaviour. We know that international graduates often seek that pathway. A number have made the transition before, so it wasn't surprising to us that they were first out of the gate, but it's still really early days on the other ones.
We have put forward that six-month runway to really allow time for other essential workers and health care workers and francophone speakers to have that time to apply. I think we're going to see some changes over the next couple of months, and there's still time left, so I don't think we need to worry yet.
With respect to the question and comment about small restaurant owners, one thing in putting this together is that the minister had a lot of things to consider and a lot of priorities to balance. By selecting particular NOC codes for “essential”, it certainly doesn't mean that other positions aren't essential, but we did hear from stakeholders, and when we look at employment data—in particular, that provided by the labour council—we know that there are certain areas where there are a number of Canadians who are ready to work, so we weren't looking at codes where there would already be high unemployment rates. Certainly, the contributions of restaurant workers are really important in Canada and to Canada's economy, but there was a lot of thought put behind the balance of that.
One of the other points I wanted to mention is that all of the other pathways still exist: the provincial nominee program, the rural and northern immigration pilot and the Atlantic immigration pilot. All of those pathways still exist alongside this special temporary public policy that was put in place, so there will be opportunities above and beyond this pathway.
I think I heard that the last question was on an undertaking in writing for the NOC codes that are part of this, as well as the ones that aren't. Certainly, we've made note of that. I would warn, Madam Chair, that the NOC code list is fairly extensive, but we'd certainly do our best with that.

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018

IRCC was aware of the fact, and for the reason mentioned above didn't include "Team Members" working in fast food chains. Again, if IRCC sees your employers name, they for sure will look into your file deeply. That's all I can advise. You can apply and try your luck.

rabrakha

Champion Member
Dec 4, 2013
chandigarh
Visa Office......
chandigarh
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Ainp applied 18 may 2016, File No July,15, 2016. PR applied 29 dec 2016
Doc's Request.
August 22, 2016
Nomination.....
28 Sep 2016
AOR Received.
AOR PR 15 feb 2017
IELTS Request
6(R-5.5,W-6,S-6,L-6.5)
File Transfer...
5-dec-2013-GENERAL-UNIERSITY
Med's Request
pre medical done
Med's Done....
PR Med 8 Jan 2018
Interview........
Study visa 31-dec-2013
Passport Req..
PPR PP req and DM: sep 12, 2018
VISA ISSUED...
31-dec-2013
LANDED..........
13-january-2014, PR Landing: 7 Oct,2018
No one can stop you from trying to apply. However there is a high chance IRCC will say your NOC is 6711 once they see who your employer is. 6611 is not the right NOC for your job.
but on noc code 6611 it says

Cashiers operate cash registers, optical price scanners, computers or other equipment to record and accept payment for the purchase of goods, services and admissions. They are employed in stores, restaurants, theatres, recreational and sports establishments, currency exchange booths, government offices, business offices and other service, retail and wholesale establishments.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

Cashiers operate cash registers, optical price scanners, computers or other equipment to record and accept payment for the purchase of goods, services and admissions. They are employed in stores, restaurants, theatres, recreational and sports establishments, currency exchange booths, government offices, business offices and other service, retail and wholesale establishments.
All of us know that.

If your employer is someone like Tim Hortons, IRCC will say the right NOC is 6711 (not 6611). NOC 6711 is a closer match based on duties / responsibilities.

Again, entirely your choice which NOC you apply under. We are just telling you what to expect from IRCC.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020

You can try but that is why they have a food attendant NOC that covers cashiers in fast food places.

Jasskaur102

Star Member
Dec 7, 2018
All of us know that.

If your employer is someone like Tim Hortons, IRCC will say the right NOC is 6711 (not 6611). NOC 6711 is a closer match based on duties / responsibilities.

Again, entirely your choice which NOC you apply under. We are just telling you what to expect from IRCC.
If I will try. Then if they somehow reject it. Will that rejection affect my further PR applications?
Thankyou

zapr000

Jun 2, 2021
IRCC was aware of the fact, and for the reason mentioned above didn't include "Team Members" working in fast food chains. Again, if IRCC sees your employers name, they for sure will look into your file deeply. That's all I can advise. You can apply and try your luck.
if you see noc code for cashier and it shows various example of cashier. one of them is a restaurant cashier. however TIM hortons and macdonalds are not restaurant and in my opinion doesn't fall under cashier but falls under 6711. applicant may apply but IRCC can deny that

Jun 11, 2021
  • Tr to Pr non Essencial Work
  • Submitted: June 18, 2021 (6:00 pm) (counter was about 9.800)
  • AOR: not received
  • Biometrics: not requested
  • COPR: no confirmation

erfan.d

Jul 6, 2021
Hello All,
I worked at Ssense which is an online shop. I worked at the warehouse and my duties were picking items and packing them to fulfill customers' orders. Is my noc 6622? if not, what is my noc? Can anyone help me please?

Jimjim2931

Jul 14, 2021
Hey, I need some help. As an international student, I worked as a cashier (NOC 6611) at Walmart from October 2019 to May 2020. I was then promoted to Customer Service Manager (NOC 6211) from May 2020 to the present. Does 6211 qualify for TR to PR? During the school semester, I worked 20 hours per week and during official breaks, I worked up to 40 hours sometimes.