+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TR TO PR PATHWAY- non essential worker- work experience

Ruby12

May 9, 2021
Hi i worked 11 months continuously as a “GENERAL FARM WORKER” and then got laid of due to COVID and took CERb be if it’s for three months and in the mean time I found skilled category job which is of noc 7322 which doesn’t come under non essential job... my question is I do have one year experience but 11 months got covered under non essential job but after that also I m working.. so m I eligible to apply under TR TO PR PATHWAY?

Ajkum17

Star Member
Sep 17, 2019
Hi there. I am an international student, and I will complete my studies by the end of Aug 2021. Also, I am working as a security guard for the past 1 year. Till now, I have worked close to 1700 hrs as a security guard. From April 2020 to Aug 2020, I was doing my second semester. I worked full time (Doing two part-time jobs, both as a security guard) because the government said that international students could work more than 20 hrs in essential sectors from April to August. Then, I had my semester break for 4 months. So, during this, I was working full time (only one company this time) from September to January. During this time, I worked 50-60 hrs on average per week. At the end of January, my 3rd semester started, and I started working part-time (24 hrs per week). My question is, in the Schedule 3 form, how should I put my average working hours? Because few times I have worked 50-60 hrs per week and 30-40 hrs per week. I don't how many they will consider for international students. How should I approach this issue? Please guide me to proceed further. I have all the necessary documents other than PCC.

zeelkheni59

May 12, 2021
Hi there. I am an international student, and I will complete my studies by the end of Aug 2021. Also, I am working as a security guard for the past 1 year. Till now, I have worked close to 1700 hrs as a security guard. From April 2020 to Aug 2020, I was doing my second semester. I worked full time (Doing two part-time jobs, both as a security guard) because the government said that international students could work more than 20 hrs in essential sectors from April to August. Then, I had my semester break for 4 months. So, during this, I was working full time (only one company this time) from September to January. During this time, I worked 50-60 hrs on average per week. At the end of January, my 3rd semester started, and I started working part-time (24 hrs per week). My question is, in the Schedule 3 form, how should I put my average working hours? Because few times I have worked 50-60 hrs per week and 30-40 hrs per week. I don't how many they will consider for international students. How should I approach this issue? Please guide me to proceed further. I have all the necessary documents other than PCC.
If you have all the paystubs supporting your hours and your employer/s can give in writing that you have worked 1700 hours in all your essential roles then I don't see any issues. We have all pulled overtime. :)

Neetu78

Apr 27, 2021
Working FULL time exemption was given to international students from 23-APRIL -to- AUGUST.
Make sure you haven't exceeded working 20 hours during academic session. That could be a problem.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Is a security guard even on the eligible NOCs for this pathway?

Jasskaur102

Star Member
Dec 7, 2018
Hello,
Actually I am planning to apply for tr to pr pathway under essential category. I am working in tim hortons and have 2 years experience with 1560 hours. Employer also provided me the reference letter as a job title ‘cashier’ and related job duties. BUT some are saying that tim horton cashiers are not included. Please suggest me. Am i eligible for applying.
Please reply soon.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello,
Actually I am planning to apply for tr to pr pathway under essential category. I am working in tim hortons and have 2 years experience with 1560 hours. Employer also provided me the reference letter as a job title ‘cashier’ and related job duties. BUT some are saying that tim horton cashiers are not included. Please suggest me. Am i eligible for applying.
Please reply soon.
You are a food attendant at Tim Horton’s, not a cashier (NOC 6711) as related to the NOC. Many people have been asking the same question. The Cashier NOC that is on the list are for those who work in grocery stores. You are NOC 6611 which includes taking cash as part of your duties. The title is not what matches but the duties so you are NOC 6611.

Jasskaur102

Star Member
Dec 7, 2018
You are a food attendant at Tim Horton’s, not a cashier (NOC 6711) as related to the NOC. Many people have been asking the same question. The Cashier NOC that is on the list are for those who work in grocery stores. You are NOC 6611 which includes taking cash as part of your duties. The title is not what matches but the duties so you are NOC 6611.
so what is it means? Am i eligible as I am doing those duties and also those job responsibilities are mentioned in my reference letter with job title cashier. I am just concerned because most people say no. Please clear me am I in noc 6611 or 6711

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
so what is it means? Am i eligible as I am doing those duties and also those job responsibilities are mentioned in my reference letter with job title cashier. I am just concerned because most people say no. Please clear me am I in noc 6611 or 6711
You are NOC 6711.

Jasskaur102

Star Member
Dec 7, 2018
You are NOC 6711.
okay but all of my job responsibilities are matching to the cashier job. My employer wrote job title ‘cashier’ as I work on drive thru cash outs and store front as well. Also, noc 6611 explanation says that it can be cafeteria or restaurant cashier also.