+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TR to PR application rejection

EB24

Star Member
Sep 19, 2019
Hi @legalfalcon
My friend received a rejection from IRCC for the TR to PR application. The application of his friends from the same college, who graduated along with him haven't faced this issue and their applications continue to be processed. Can you please tell me what can be done? I believe it's a mistake at IRCCs end. If so, would raising a webform and requesting a reconsideration work?

This is the response he received in the mail:

I am not satisfied that you meet the requirement(s) to:
a. Have completed, prior to the date on which the application for permanent residence is received
and no earlier than January 2017, a program of study at one of the following “Designated
Learning Institutions” in Canada as defined in section 211.1 of the Regulations:
o a public post-secondary institution, such as a college, trade/technical school, university or
in Quebec CEGEP
o a private post-secondary school in Quebec that operates under the same rules and
regulations as public institutions in Quebec
o a private or public post-secondary institution in Quebec offering qualifying programs of
900 hours or longer leading to a diploma of vocational studies (DVS) or an attestation of
vocational specialization (AVS)
o a Canadian private institution authorized by provincial statute to confer degrees under
provincial law but only if the program of study completed was a degree as authorized by
the province, which may not include all programs of study offered by the private
institution.
For the reasons set out above, I am not satisfied that you meet the requirements of the TR to PR Pathway
I am therefore refusing your application for permanent residence.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi @legalfalcon
My friend received a rejection from IRCC for the TR to PR application. The application of his friends from the same college, who graduated along with him haven't faced this issue and their applications continue to be processed. Can you please tell me what can be done? I believe it's a mistake at IRCCs end. If so, would raising a webform and requesting a reconsideration work?

a. Have completed, prior to the date on which the application for permanent residence is received
and no earlier than January 2017, a program of study at one of the following “Designated
Learning Institutions” in Canada as defined in section 211.1 of the Regulations:
o a public post-secondary institution, such as a college, trade/technical school, university or
in Quebec CEGEP
o a private post-secondary school in Quebec that operates under the same rules and
o a private or public post-secondary institution in Quebec offering qualifying programs of
900 hours or longer leading to a diploma of vocational studies (DVS) or an attestation of
o a Canadian private institution authorized by provincial statute to confer degrees under
provincial law but only if the program of study completed was a degree as authorized by
the province, which may not include all programs of study offered by the private
institution.
For the reasons set out above, I am not satisfied that you meet the requirements of the TR to PR Pathway
What school and program did you complete?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
1 Year MBA from the University of New Brunswick
Batch: 2019-2020
Which exact documents were submitted as part of the application to show this.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Transcripts, degree, accelerated doc and completion letter
I would order your GCMS notes to see the details behind the refusal.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon

in Quebec CEGEP
institution.
No one can answer what caused the rejection unless the documents are reviewed and if there is an error, you can file a reconsideration or a judicial review though a licensed lawyer.