+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

(TR to PR) 30 hours per week question.

Neetu78

Apr 27, 2021
Hi thanks for the reply.
This is my question:
In a 52 week year I worked 26 weeks at 20h/w and the other 26 weeks I worked 40h/w for a total of 1560 hours in a one year period.
Is this valid because I have accumulated 1560 hours in a one year period, I did not gain the 1560 in less than a year.

This text is where my confusion lies "The 1 year of work experience can be acquired through multiple periods of employment but must equal at least 1,560 hours in the 3 years before the application for permanent residence is received. Work experience must be acquired over a period of at least 1 year; work in excess of 30 hours per week over a shorter period cannot compensate for any shorter overall period of experience."

I am not sure how they define a work week, if they do in fact regard 30h p/w as a work week then my hours won't be enough.
If they only want to see that you have worked that specific week regardless of the hours then my hours will be enough.

Thanks for your help.
As what I understand -- fluctuating hours are acceptable.
For example: 25 +35=60 acceptable in two weeks, But 60 in just one week isn't acceptable.

Overall -- 1560 hours in shorter period than 1 year/12 months/52 weeks is NOT acceptable for TR to PR.

Praveen Leo

Nov 17, 2019
Trivandrum
Category........
Link for webpage

Qualifying work experience

Workers in Canada: Health care, Workers in Canada: Essential non-health care, French-speaking workers in Canada: Health care and French-speaking workers in Canada: Essential non-health care
Work experience must meet the following requirements:

• the work experience must be equivalent to at least 1 year of full-time work experience and must have been acquired in the 3 years preceding the date when the application for permanent residence is received
  • the applicant must have been authorized to work in Canada
  • the work must have occurred in Canada
  • the work must be in an essential occupation listed in Annex A or Annex B
  • the applicant must have been paid wages or commission
  • the applicant must not have been self-employed, unless they were working as a medical doctor in a fee-for-service arrangement with a health authority
The 1 year of work experience can be acquired through multiple periods of employment but must equal at least 1,560 hours in the 3 years before the application for permanent residence is received. Work experience must be acquired over a period of at least 1 year; work in excess of 30 hours per week over a shorter period cannot compensate for any shorter overall period of experience.

Reactions: CelaLopez

CelaLopez

Star Member
Jan 25, 2018
Praveen
Link for webpage

Qualifying work experience

Workers in Canada: Health care, Workers in Canada: Essential non-health care, French-speaking workers in Canada: Health care and French-speaking workers in Canada: Essential non-health care
Work experience must meet the following requirements:

• the work experience must be equivalent to at least 1 year of full-time work experience and must have been acquired in the 3 years preceding the date when the application for permanent residence is received
  • the applicant must have been authorized to work in Canada
  • the work must have occurred in Canada
  • the work must be in an essential occupation listed in Annex A or Annex B
  • the applicant must have been paid wages or commission
  • the applicant must not have been self-employed, unless they were working as a medical doctor in a fee-for-service arrangement with a health authority
The 1 year of work experience can be acquired through multiple periods of employment but must equal at least 1,560 hours in the 3 years before the application for permanent residence is received. Work experience must be acquired over a period of at least 1 year; work in excess of 30 hours per week over a shorter period cannot compensate for any shorter overall period of experience.
What you marked in red is key to understand what they're asking in terms of hours. Thanks a lot for sharing it.

Arunrahul

Jan 19, 2019
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility/federal-skilled-workers.html
Your skilled work experience must be
in the same type of job (have the same NOC) as the job you want to use for your immigration application (called your primary occupation)
within the last 10 years
paid work (have been paid wages or earned commission—volunteer work or unpaid internships don’t count)
at least 1 year of continuous workor 1,560 hours total (30 hours per week)—you can meet this in a few different ways:
  • full-time at 1 job: 30 hours/week for 12 months = 1 year full-time (1,560 hours)
  • equal amount in part-time work:for example 15 hours/week for 24 months = 1 year full time (1,560 hours)
    • You can work as many part-time jobs as you need to meet this requirement
  • full-time at more than 1 job: 30 hours/week for 12 months at more than 1 job = 1 year full time (1,560 hours)
Part-time work experience
Your skilled work experience must be paid work including paid wages or earned commission. We don’t count volunteer work or unpaid internships.
For part-time work, you can work more or less than 15 hours/week as long as it adds up to 1,560 hours. You can work more than 1 part-time job to get the hours you need to apply.
We don’t count any hours you work above 30 hours/week.
Hi
It's for express entry...

marslan

Star Member
Aug 26, 2018
Hi Guys, Can anybody please clear the confusion about working hours for TR_PR Pathway. Plenty of information is available but not to the point, there are too many views regarding it.

Can anybody please confirm that if I have total hours of 1560 (For Essential Non-Health Worker)
It includes Statutory Holidays, Vacation Holidays, Weekly 20-35 hours, and number of year > 1

Are those enough for the Stream B (Non-Essential Health Worker) to claim the PR or I have to subtract the vacation, stat holidays, and those hours which are greater than 30/week from the total hours?

Although, the letter from my employer states that average weekly < 30.

Any Legit experienced person, especially who have similar kind of cases and got AOR/eCOPR?

marslan

Star Member
Aug 26, 2018
Guys, can anybody tell if Employer is not writing a TOTAL HOURS in reference letter, rest everything is there, Weekly Hours, Wage/hr. and everything. Will it be ok or its mandatory/better to have Total Hours on the Letter?

yadav

Jun 6, 2016
How many months of pay stubs r to be shown for the current employment ? I have worked part time 20 hours per week since jan to June end. Can I show 40 hours per week now in order to even out the 10 hours missed in my previous months?

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
Guys, can anybody tell if Employer is not writing a TOTAL HOURS in reference letter, rest everything is there, Weekly Hours, Wage/hr. and everything. Will it be ok or its mandatory/better to have Total Hours on the Letter?
No need total hours, just weekly hours are good.
Your pay stubs, ROE, prove your hours worked.

AKDHALIWAL

Star Member
Jan 31, 2020
But, this is for FSW applicants, NOT for TR to PR applicants.

Or, you mean they FORGOT to write in TR to PR eligibility criteria that -- calculate your hours as outlined in FSW ?

IF SO, then why they didn't FORGOT to write in TR to PR eligibility criteria that -- don’t count hours you weren’t paid for (volunteering and unpaid internships don’t count) ?
Please help me if you have any idea about hour calculation
Thank you

kamlesh_52

Oct 4, 2021
Hi
I have worked part-time 6months so around 470 hours and full time 9 months 40 hours per week 1440 so it’s more than 1560
But if they will count only 30 hours per week for full time my total hours will be 1490.
So can ircc reject file?

AKDHALIWAL

Star Member
Jan 31, 2020
Hi
I have worked part-time 6months so around 470 hours and full time 9 months 40 hours per week 1440 so it’s more than 1560
But if they will count only 30 hours per week for full time my total hours will be 1490.
So can ircc reject file?
Hi ! The hours must be 1560, and yesterday I called ircc, they told that they are counting all the hours you worked in a week (not only 30).
Let’s hope for the best

Reactions: kamlesh_52