+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

(TR to PR) 30 hours per week question.

Neetu78

Apr 27, 2021
TR to PR essential workers eligibility criteria says:

To calculate your hours of work experience
  • count the hours worked in part-time and full-time jobs
  • don’t count hours you weren’t paid for (volunteering and unpaid internships don’t count)
  • don’t count hours when you were self-employed
    • Exception: Count hours when you worked as a medical doctor in a fee-for-service arrangement with a health authority.
My question is -- why they missed writing: don't count hours you worked above 30 hours in any week ?
  • OPTION 1: They forgot.​
  • OPTION 2: They want to keep this as secret, in order to give this surprise at later stages.​
  • OPTION 3: There wasn't enough space in the document to insert this line.​
  • OPTION 4: Its wrong assumption among the people, hence, NOT applicable to the stream.​
  • OPTION 5: Any other reason ? Please explain.

Tomican

Feb 20, 2020

• don’t count hours you weren’t paid for (volunteering and unpaid internships don’t count)
    • Exception: Count hours when you worked as a medical doctor in a fee-for-service arrangement with a health authority.
My question is -- why they missed writing: don't count hours you worked above 30 hours in any week ?
  • OPTION 2: They want to keep this as secret, in order to give this surprise at later stages.​
  • OPTION 4: Its wrong assumption among the people, hence, NOT applicable to the stream.​
I think this is for WP, not for SP (close to #4)

fswinlander

Apr 25, 2021
Me and my friends counted upto 30 hours / week even though we did more on holidays, and applied to tr2pr . since that's the only work experience hour calculation criteria that is available from the ircc portal

Neetu78

Apr 27, 2021
Me and my friends counted upto 30 hours / week even though we did more on holidays, and applied to tr2pr . since that's the only work experience hour calculation criteria that is available from the ircc portal
Available from the ircc portal ? where ?
I don't find any ? Can you share the link please ?

fswinlander

Apr 25, 2021
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility/federal-skilled-workers.html
Your skilled work experience must be
in the same type of job (have the same NOC) as the job you want to use for your immigration application (called your primary occupation)
within the last 10 years
paid work (have been paid wages or earned commission—volunteer work or unpaid internships don’t count)
at least 1 year of continuous workor 1,560 hours total (30 hours per week)—you can meet this in a few different ways:
  • full-time at 1 job: 30 hours/week for 12 months = 1 year full-time (1,560 hours)
  • equal amount in part-time work:for example 15 hours/week for 24 months = 1 year full time (1,560 hours)
    • You can work as many part-time jobs as you need to meet this requirement
  • full-time at more than 1 job: 30 hours/week for 12 months at more than 1 job = 1 year full time (1,560 hours)
Part-time work experience
Your skilled work experience must be paid work including paid wages or earned commission. We don’t count volunteer work or unpaid internships.
For part-time work, you can work more or less than 15 hours/week as long as it adds up to 1,560 hours. You can work more than 1 part-time job to get the hours you need to apply.
We don’t count any hours you work above 30 hours/week.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

It's either #1 or #4.

Neetu78

Apr 27, 2021
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility/federal-skilled-workers.html
Your skilled work experience must be
in the same type of job (have the same NOC) as the job you want to use for your immigration application (called your primary occupation)
within the last 10 years
paid work (have been paid wages or earned commission—volunteer work or unpaid internships don’t count)
at least 1 year of continuous workor 1,560 hours total (30 hours per week)—you can meet this in a few different ways:
  • full-time at 1 job: 30 hours/week for 12 months = 1 year full-time (1,560 hours)
  • equal amount in part-time work:for example 15 hours/week for 24 months = 1 year full time (1,560 hours)
    • You can work as many part-time jobs as you need to meet this requirement
  • full-time at more than 1 job: 30 hours/week for 12 months at more than 1 job = 1 year full time (1,560 hours)
Part-time work experience
Your skilled work experience must be paid work including paid wages or earned commission. We don’t count volunteer work or unpaid internships.
For part-time work, you can work more or less than 15 hours/week as long as it adds up to 1,560 hours. You can work more than 1 part-time job to get the hours you need to apply.
We don’t count any hours you work above 30 hours/week.
But, this is for FSW applicants, NOT for TR to PR applicants.

Or, you mean they FORGOT to write in TR to PR eligibility criteria that -- calculate your hours as outlined in FSW ?

IF SO, then why they didn't FORGOT to write in TR to PR eligibility criteria that -- don’t count hours you weren’t paid for (volunteering and unpaid internships don’t count) ?

Last edited:

fswinlander

Apr 25, 2021
I had more than 1560 hrs so i didn't have to bother about it. And the the whole PR pathways were published so quick and little was known to anyone, so the available calculation of working hours i found is what i shared here. The priority was to apply quick not to go around checking for descriptions that ircc or policy makers forgot to mention.

Neetu78

Apr 27, 2021
I had more than 1560 hrs so i didn't have to bother about it. And the the whole PR pathways were published so quick and little was known to anyone, so the available calculation of working hours i found is what i shared here. The priority was to apply quick not to go around checking for descriptions that ircc or policy makers forgot to mention.
So, what is your final answer on OP ? :)

fswinlander

Apr 25, 2021
So, what is your final answer on OP ? :)
If there is any other work experience calculation criteria mentioned anywhere by the ircc for any other streams, then i would say it's #2
Since this 40k applicants are undergoing the most easiest pr pathway so ircc may not bother about the hours. they just want to reach the 401k quota so they will consider making this intl grad stream again.
We didn't have to enter the express entry pool where the extremely competitive applicants are waiting. The express entry pool of FSW enters the pool with +460 going upto 530s. So we tr2pr are very lucky. Thanks to the pandemic.

Tomican

Feb 20, 2020
Why not SP ? do you care to explain please ?
They dropped the quotẹ, not missed
I think, workers in Noc C, D is the target of TR2PR-Essential workers stream, not students.
Each stream is aimed at a target, so the conditions are different, although it is easy to think that it is the same at first glance.

Last edited:

kloppity

Nov 20, 2019
Most likely #4, reason being that they could have mentioned it anywhere in the requirements or the guide and they both times didn't.

Even reading the other temporary policies - the guardian angel one for instance - there's a certain requirement of 120 hours over a period of time and no mention of 30hr/week there either and people have completed that in times ranging from 3 weeks to 5 months no problem.

The only doubt in my mind comes not from the requirements for FSW/CEC/Any other EE stream, but mainly what Tracy said about 16 minutes into her live stream, where she mentioned 30hrs/week being the cap, but this might also be because she didn't have the full details as of then as we've come to know IRCC is making up processing guidelines for this program as it goes.

Anyways, the only thing we know is that 1560 should have been accumulated over 3 years preceding your application date. I think If you showed t4 over that period of time and your wage is stated on your reference letter, they could always calculate approximately how many hours you work provided it is over 1 year.

Reactions: Kate Le