+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tourist Visa applied first, result awaited, meanwhile got a job offer and NOI also received

gauravaroraleo

Dec 19, 2020
Hi Friends

I have a question to ask.

I am an indian resident and applied for Canada tourist visa for myself and my family (wife and 2 kids) in the 3rd week of July'22 with the intent to visit Canada.

It's been more than 2 months since we applied for a tourist visa and no result has come yet(as of 1st Oct'22) while I am also(not other family members) a USA B1 visa holder which makes me fall under Can + category.

However, my wife has also got a job offer and received an NOI under Alberta Accelerated Tech Pathway Program in 2nd week of September.

When submitiing my file for nomination to Alberta I have following options:
1. Raise a web form to get the status of tourist visa as the itinerary dates(3rd week of Sep'22) that we have shared with the application have already went passed. We only have 30 days(till 2nd week of Oct'22) to submit my nomination file.
2. Do nothing and wait for the tourist visa outcome and submit my nomination for Alberta as per the deadline
3. Disclose in Alberta nomination that I have applied for tourist visa as well
4. Submit a request to withdraw my tourist visa application before the nomination file is submitted to Alberta.

Please suggest which ONE of these options should I follow. If there is ANY OTHER way to handle the situation please do let me know about that as well.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Regards
Gaurav