+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tourist visa.application- letter from MP .

saltspeaker

Feb 24, 2016
Hello team, my in laws are friends with MP in Canada. I am wondering if I can get a letter from MP office taking guarantee that My wife won't overstay and will return to her home country. I have already received my sponsorship approval on May 26th and her side is showing in process. Has anyone tried this, if yes what kind of letter or wordings I can get from MP office that will atleast help her in getting tourist visa. Thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
MP letters really aren't of any help - your MP really can't guarantee your wife will return and CIC knows this. The best course of action is to provide as much real evidence as possible of ties to her home country (e.g. job, assets, etc.).

Hasan9999

Champion Member
Sep 28, 2013
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
SVO
App. Filed.......
August 2013
LANDED..........
December, 2016
saltspeaker said:
Hello team, my in laws are friends with MP in Canada. I am wondering if I can get a letter from MP office taking guarantee that My wife won't overstay and will return to her home country. I have already received my sponsorship approval on May 26th and her side is showing in process. Has anyone tried this, if yes what kind of letter or wordings I can get from MP office that will atleast help her in getting tourist visa. Thanks
MPs hardly recommend for Visa. That's not their job actually. In case they write any letter at all, the VO won't take positively. It is better to make the TRV with strong documentation taking assistance from related threads.

Good luck!

Singh_299652

Star Member
Apr 28, 2018
One of my close relative was refused 2 times for TRV for their Nephew marriage. They are are well settled in india, Marriage is in July last week.
Now its their 3rd attemp to apply now ith a LETTER FROM MP, "RUBY SAHOTA".
Firstly if MP's don't have much influence over decision. VO may take it negatively as who is MP to tell whom to give visa or not.
Secondly, i don't think its possible to get visa approved and stamped in 25 days.
Will surely update what decision they get.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
One of my close relative was refused 2 times for TRV for their Nephew marriage. They are are well settled in india, Marriage is in July last week.
Firstly if MP's don't have much influence over decision. VO may take it negatively as who is MP to tell whom to give visa or not.
Secondly, i don't think its possible to get visa approved and stamped in 25 days.
MPs have zero influence over a TRV application. I personally would not include the letter - it makes it look like you're trying too hard. Instead, you should be focusing on providing more evidence that the applicants have strong ties to their home country. It's possible to get a visa approved and stamped in 25 days - but also quite possible it will take much longer.

Deep6644

Sep 21, 2018
Hi Can you please update if your friend got visa after keeping mp letter

Jets13

Dec 12, 2016
MPs have zero influence over a TRV application. I personally would not include the letter - it makes it look like you're trying too hard. Instead, you should be focusing on providing more evidence that the applicants have strong ties to their home country. It's possible to get a visa approved and stamped in 25 days - but also quite possible it will take much longer.
Sorry to reply to your old post, but I saw Deep6644 bumped this thread recently and figured I would share my experience.
I try not to divulge too much because I don't want people hounding me for details or to help them if they are desperate for a visa, I shared my story with Bryanna as well. The MP I went to phoned some number in Ottawa in my presence, after my wife's trv was denied. They took copies of her passport and sent them to this person on the phone and basically asked if he could make it happen. She got a visa that was valid for only three weeks and subsequently she got only three weeks at entry. After she left I applied again citing that she previously followed the conditions of her visa she would do it again and the second time around they approved a multi entry until passport expiry.

So in my case the initial visa was entirely on the MP's influence.

anujar0ra

Dec 21, 2018
Well could you please update us what happened next??

yug

Mar 4, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My brother n his family visa got refused on November 26th 2018,
We applied again 5th dec , we had our sister marriage , not response yet .. 2nd time I add mp letter as well , also I aattch all the necessary documents so they wouldn’t refuse..
His file is in New Delhi office.
Let c it’s almost 60 days..
I did enquires twice, they said they checking on eligibility..
I really hope they give visa this time

Jun 19, 2019
My brother n his family visa got refused on November 26th 2018,
We applied again 5th dec , we had our sister marriage , not response yet .. 2nd time I add mp letter as well , also I aattch all the necessary documents so they wouldn’t refuse..
His file is in New Delhi office.
Let c it’s almost 60 days..
I did enquires twice, they said they checking on eligibility..
I really hope they give visa this time
So how did it go?

fazal_81

Jan 31, 2011
Saudi Arabia
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Complete application & suporting docs filed on 29-03-2011 & received by CIO on 05-04-2011.
Doc's Request.
12- Nov- 2014
AOR Received.
06-05-2011
IELTS Request
Sent with Application.
File Transfer...
RBVO on 26th May, 2011. File "In Process" on 30- April- 2013.
Med's Request
Alhamdulillah on 12- Nov- 2014, RPRF paid on 17- 11- 2014
Med's Done....
15- 11- 2014, Medicals received by LVO on 22- 11- 2014.
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
PPR-1 on 11 November, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
10-March, 2015 (PPR2). Submitted passports in VFS Riyadh on 11-03-2015, Received PPs on 29 March, 2015 along with CoPR.
LANDED..........
1st May, 2015 (Stayed 1 month). Settled for good: 29-06-2016
Contacted my local MP at his office number. A lady answered seems to be assistant. She sent me a document checklist. Which is same as I used. How to get a letter of support?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Contacted my local MP at his office number. A lady answered seems to be assistant. She sent me a document checklist. Which is same as I used. How to get a letter of support?
There is no point in getting a letter from an MP. Focus on submitting a strong app.

Dimple kapoor

Feb 21, 2020
My mom’s visa was refused last year due to lack of ties and doubt to return to India. Agent suggested to get an MP letter and file again.
Today, MP refused to give the letter saying he can’t assure that my mom will go back after the end of term.
what to do now??? Plz suggest

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
My mom’s visa was refused last year due to lack of ties and doubt to return to India. Agent suggested to get an MP letter and file again.
Today, MP refused to give the letter saying he can’t assure that my mom will go back after the end of term.
The MP can’t assure your mother will return that is why MP letters have little effect on TRVs. Apply for a supervisa. You had recently moved that was one of the reasons your mother was likely refused.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Which is exactly why an MP letter is pointless.

Order GCMS notes to see the detailed reasons for refusal and address them.