+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tourist visa.application- letter from MP .

Amy23

Feb 19, 2020
Hello team, my in laws are friends with MP in Canada. I am wondering if I can get a letter from MP office taking guarantee that My wife won't overstay and will return to her home country. I have already received my sponsorship approval on May 26th and her side is showing in process. Has anyone tried this, if yes what kind of letter or wordings I can get from MP office that will atleast help her in getting tourist visa. Thanks
My parent's tourist visa got refused when I applied to renew they recently expired one so they could come for my graduation. We re-applied a week later with a letter from MP saying that he personally knew my brother (who is here as a citizen) and that my parents have visited the country in multiple occasions always abiding by all laws and never overstaying and that they needed the visa to attend my graduation (June 2019) and to enjoy the summer as a family. My Canadian fiance also wrote a letter on their behalf, and those were the only two pieces of new info we included in the second attempt. However, I think it depends more on the case processing offer that gets your file

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
My parent's tourist visa got refused when I applied to renew they recently expired one so they could come for my graduation. We re-applied a week later with a letter from MP saying that he personally knew my brother (who is here as a citizen) and that my parents have visited the country in multiple occasions always abiding by all laws and never overstaying and that they needed the visa to attend my graduation (June 2019) and to enjoy the summer as a family. My Canadian fiance also wrote a letter on their behalf, and those were the only two pieces of new info we included in the second attempt. However, I think it depends more on the case processing offer that gets your file
The MP was a personal friend which is different.

gv10

May 18, 2022
My uncle was refused the first time he applied for a visa to Canada. My father asked our MPP for a supporting letter and my uncle presented that letter the second time. He was approved the second time. So, I guess it depends on who is viewing your file. I remember the letter saying that my uncle had presented everything he needed and there was no reason to deny him a visa. He did leave when he was supposed to. Not everyone wants to come to Canada to live here. My uncle had a job and family back home, he just wanted to visit as a vacation.

sandy04_2000

Star Member
May 4, 2014
One of my close relative was refused 2 times for TRV for their Nephew marriage. They are are well settled in india, Marriage is in July last week.
Now its their 3rd attemp to apply now ith a LETTER FROM MP, "RUBY SAHOTA".
Firstly if MP's don't have much influence over decision. VO may take it negatively as who is MP to tell whom to give visa or not.
Secondly, i don't think its possible to get visa approved and stamped in 25 days.
Will surely update what decision they get.
Did you got the visa after MP letter?

sandy04_2000

Star Member
May 4, 2014
My brother n his family visa got refused on November 26th 2018,
We applied again 5th dec , we had our sister marriage , not response yet .. 2nd time I add mp letter as well , also I aattch all the necessary documents so they wouldn’t refuse..
His file is in New Delhi office.
Let c it’s almost 60 days..
I did enquires twice, they said they checking on eligibility..
I really hope they give visa this time
Did you got the visa after MP’s letter?

sandy04_2000

Star Member
May 4, 2014
One of my close relative was refused 2 times for TRV for their Nephew marriage. They are are well settled in india, Marriage is in July last week.
Now its their 3rd attemp to apply now ith a LETTER FROM MP, "RUBY SAHOTA".
Firstly if MP's don't have much influence over decision. VO may take it negatively as who is MP to tell whom to give visa or not.
Secondly, i don't think its possible to get visa approved and stamped in 25 days.
Will surely update what decision they get.
Did your relative got the visa approved after contacting MP?