+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Total Salary not mentioned in reference letter

PR1988

Jul 28, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,

My previous employer has provided a reference letter mentioning my designation, period of employment, responsibilities and no. of hours worked. However, they have not mentioned the total salary.

I sent an email asking them to rectify the reference letter, but they did not respond. So I called up they HR call center and they replied that they provided a standard reply that this is due to company policy.

My queries are: 1) Is it fine to upload the job reference letter without total salary? Has anybody got rejected due to this? 2) I have pay slips for 3-4 months, last increment letter, IT returns as well as bank statement. So should I just provide an LOE explaining that total salary is not mentioned, however as proof I am attaching the aforementioned documents.

PS: I do not have an email from HR explicitly stating that salary can not be mentioned due to company policy. Hence, I can not attach any such communication as proof.

Kindly help with my queries and it would be great if some one can provide a LOE format/examples.

Thanks & regards!
PR1988

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Not a big problem. Even your last increment letter alone would suffice to prove that this was a paid gig - which is what CIC really wants to know before awarding you points for that experience. You can choose to send in all the other evidence as well.

PR1988

Jul 28, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for your reply!! I think I will just write a simple LOE stating that the company has chosen not to mention the salary details in the reference letter. However, as proof of salary, I am attaching: 1) Last increment letter; 2) 3 months salary slip.

dadbangalore

Star Member
Sep 8, 2013
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
LANDED..........
27-02-2017
Asivad Anac said:
Not a big problem. Even your last increment letter alone would suffice to prove that this was a paid gig - which is what CIC really wants to know before awarding you points for that experience. You can choose to send in all the other evidence as well.
Hi Asivad,

Couple of my employers are big companies and they straight away rejected my plea for including salary details in the letter saying that they have standard format of providing Reference letters and they will not include confidential information such as Salary in the letter. I have their email stating the same as well as Pay Slips along with Offer Letters, Appraisal Letters and Form 16 with them.

Will it help or will it make any difference if I ask them to include below line in the letter if they can not provide the salary number in the letter?
"XXXX<Employer Name> is unable to disclose Annual Salary Details about Mr. XYZ due to confidentiality reasons, and suggest to refer to Pay Slips for the same."

Thanks in advance.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dadbangalore said:
Hi Asivad,

Couple of my employers are big companies and they straight away rejected my plea for including salary details in the letter saying that they have standard format of providing Reference letters and they will not include confidential information such as Salary in the letter. I have their email stating the same as well as Pay Slips along with Offer Letters, Appraisal Letters and Form 16 with them.

Will it help or will it make any difference if I ask them to include below line in the letter if they can not provide the salary number in the letter?
"XXXX<Employer Name> is unable to disclose Annual Salary Details about Mr. XYZ due to confidentiality reasons, and suggest to refer to Pay Slips for the same."

Thanks in advance.
No harm in getting that line included if you can but it isn't really needed. Pay slips/appraisal letters/offer letters/Form 16/anything that can prove this was paid employment would suffice.

lisazzz

Oct 22, 2018
Was above a success? I mean ref letter with NO mention of salary.
I would like to follow up this questions here, I had over 5 years employment with my home country company and they can't find my salary adjustment record and neither the payroll stuff....that they don't disclose the salary information on the employment letter, will this be a issue ? I can collect the bank statement (income) and personal taxation record from government as reference. I am not sure this is sufficient or not.

thank you for any advice.

Anju905

Jan 29, 2019
I would like to follow up this questions here, I had over 5 years employment with my home country company and they can't find my salary adjustment record and neither the payroll stuff....that they don't disclose the salary information on the employment letter, will this be a issue ? I can collect the bank statement (income) and personal taxation record from government as reference. I am not sure this is sufficient or not.

thank you for any advice.
Can anyone answer this please..

johnnywasserman

Nov 27, 2020
Hi,
Anyone who was able to get through without having salary in reference letter? I have the same issue, everything else is mentioned in letter and it also says we dont include salary details in verification letters. I am planning to attach payslips and income tax returns. Will this be enough?