+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Toronto Scarborough Citizenship 2012

Serendipity

Star Member
Sep 27, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
csvinay said:
Guys, I received my oath letter today asking me to appear at Scarborough location on Nov. 28th.
Thanks for the all the advice and support you offered. Good luck with your application.

What is the process to get canadian passport after this? Thanks.

Passport Canada
http://www.ppt.gc.ca/index.aspx

New online step-by-step application guide
http://www.ppt.gc.ca/info/index.aspx?lang=eng

From the website:

"Processing times

If you plan to travel within the next 20 business days, please apply in person at a Passport Canada office.

In person at a Passport Canada office: 10 business days
In person at a receiving agent (Service Canada or Canada Post): 20 business days
By mail in Canada: 20 business days
By mail from the United States: 20 business days
In person at a Government of Canada office abroad: 20 business days

Not including postal delivery times."

gamasa

Star Member
Jul 16, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hello guys :)

IF you notice im the one who start this topic ..it was pain and suffering until you get your passport in your hand
all of us have story
but lets not forget that the conservative party anti immigration and they make our life hard
so please vote fpr liberal they are for us
they the FIRST who open the door for the foreign to come Canada
and we are here because there is no enough men or skills people so we are unique people

support liberal and mr Trudeau please

if you have time see this website www.shd.ca

csvinay

Jan 31, 2006
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you for the information. Appreciate it!

Serendipity said:
Passport Canada
http://www.ppt.gc.ca/index.aspx

New online step-by-step application guide
http://www.ppt.gc.ca/info/index.aspx?lang=eng

From the website:

"Processing times

If you plan to travel within the next 20 business days, please apply in person at a Passport Canada office.

In person at a Passport Canada office: 10 business days
In person at a receiving agent (Service Canada or Canada Post): 20 business days
By mail in Canada: 20 business days
By mail from the United States: 20 business days
In person at a Government of Canada office abroad: 20 business days

Not including postal delivery times."

gamasa

Star Member
Jul 16, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VIP

the Scarborough office have phone number you can call and ask about the progress in your file

the phone number is: 416-973-1072

Mr.Brightside

Nov 19, 2013
My timeline is as follows:

1] We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on March 30, 2012.

2] We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on March 30, 2012. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

3] We started processing your application on July 18, 2013.

4] We sent you a notice on September 17, 2013 to appear and write the citizenship test on October 1, 2013 at 8:30 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

Just waiting for the Oath now.

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
gamasa said:
VIP

the Scarborough office have phone number you can call and ask about the progress in your file

do you have any info about Mississauga office?

gamasa

Star Member
Jul 16, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
NO sorry i dont have it but you can call Scarborough and ask them they may give it to you if they have it .

http://www.shd.ca/

gamasa

Star Member
Jul 16, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
good news guy liberal party win with election in Ontario ohhhh yahhhh go down Harper and the thief friends

www.shd.ca

toto1234

Aug 8, 2012
gamasa said:
VIP

is this number different from call centre number? is it easier to contact them through this number? do u have st. claire number.

kenyadian

Star Member
Jul 31, 2013
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sonnyv6 said:
Thanks SUIN, for your concern.
I am trying to get all things done & sent to them by tomorrow. So far I seem to have all the eveidence they are asking for.

It is very strange, but the interview was very good. The agent, a lady congratulated us for getting a 100% on the exam, asked questions about where I worked etc. & checked/compared all entry exit records I had mentioned on my application with the ones in my passport. I saw she had put a check mark against all of them. She also said the interview was very satisfactory and then handed me the RQ. When I asked why,which I did very politely, she brushed it off saying its a normal 5 page document and if all info was put, it was part of routine procedure. the situation at that time is such that you cant ask too many question or have a prolonged conversation.

what I think is: I became a PR in August 08. But I didnt want to remain here without a job and leave the one I had back home. I went back home on August 19, 2008 & subscribed for Vonage (meaning a local Canada phone number) and started applying online. My luck started turning by Feb 09 & I got an offer with IBM and joined them on May 18, 2009 as a full time employee. Basically this meant I was out of Canada from Aug 08-May09, which I definitely & clearly mentioned in the application. I did/do travel quite a bit, but it was mostly in Canada barring a few visits to US.

I guess she wanted to know more details about these stunts of mine.....other than that I have nothing to say. I have all T4s, NOAs, Auto/Home/Health Insurance Bills, Mortagage/Rental Agreements, fair amount of Health related documents, Credit Card bills & Bank Statements, some reciepts of charities I did...all from May 2009 onwards...
Sonnyv6, I am in a similar situation. I landed in June 08 but had to leave to complete a large project with my then employer. I returned in Dec 09, and have been in Canada since. I have travelled quite a bit on holiday since I've been here. I applied for my citizenship in May '13 and have been hit with a RQ(pre-test). Let me know which office your file resides. Cheers!

Kenyadian

helloimmigrationworld

Star Member
Jul 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-08-2013
AOR Received.
27-08-2013
File Transfer...
06-09-2013
Med's Done....
19-07-2013
Passport Req..
23-09-2013
Suin said:
do you have any info about Mississauga office?
Hi,
I am a Oct 2012 Applicant. I got my test date on Dec 6th, 2013, test center is Scarborough. I am jut curious do you guys carry any birth certificate, because in the test letter it said that please bring your original birth certificate as an e.g of identity. My problem is i do not have my birth certificate here, can you guys help. It is only 9 more days to my test...thanks in advance.

chaco

Oct 25, 2013
my friend did the test without having the birth certificate and I don't think they asked him for it. bring other IDs

gamasa

Star Member
Jul 16, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VIP