+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Toronto Scarborough Citizenship 2012

singleorb

Jul 2, 2013
Here is some new update i got when i called CIC office today:

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on September 25, 2012.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on September 25, 2012. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on January 2, 2013.

When i called the CIC office today Aug 20, 2014 i told me that the my file for transfered to scarborough office on March 6, 2013.

Anyone with the same timeline?

waitingforcic

Jul 9, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
singleorb said:
Here is some new update i got when i called CIC office today:

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on September 25, 2012.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on September 25, 2012. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on January 2, 2013.

When i called the CIC office today Aug 20, 2014 i told me that the my file for transfered to scarborough office on March 6, 2013.

Anyone with the same timeline?
Not exactly the same timeline, but very close, I guess when they call you I´ll be next ;D
My timeline:
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on October 4, 2012.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on October 4, 2012. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on February 19, 2013.
Good luck!

SP_2013

Aug 22, 2013
My timeline:
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on March 30, 2012.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on March 30, 2012. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on December 13, 2012.

My file was transferred to Scarborough office on February 27, 2013. No news on citizenship test yet.
It's a joint application of my husband and I.

Thanks,
SP

singleorb

Jul 2, 2013
Did you call CIC to find out the the file was transferred to Scarborough? You test date should be right before mine...Lets keep our fingers crossed.

Abahoni

Star Member
Sep 13, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gamasa said:
hello guys ,

please be ready for VIP info about the RQ it will be posted today for few hrs just specially im officially banned
and i cant post any comments i just use criminal way to post :)

Hello Gamasa,
Any update on your file?

helloimmigrationworld

Star Member
Jul 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-08-2013
AOR Received.
27-08-2013
File Transfer...
06-09-2013
Med's Done....
19-07-2013
Passport Req..
23-09-2013
Hello forum,
Good after noon, here is my time line. But i have a Q because after submitting my citizenship allication, i was away for 7 months for marriage and work purpose. will it affect my application

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on October 22, 2012.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on October 22, 2012. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on February 19th, 2013.

Till now i am waiting for my test date, online status shows In process....

And the damn..stirke made the things more worse....only GOD can speed up the process for us:)

csvinay

Jan 31, 2006
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passed the test. Perfect score. It was easy.

The interview went well too and she said all is good. Then I asked her does this mean no RQ? She smiled and said...You don't "qualify" for it since all the paperwork is in order ;) She was nice and said "expect invitation for the ceremony in 2 to 4 months. Good luck".

I hope that goes well too. In a way, I am glad things are out of my hands now. Peace & Good luck everyone.

PS: Thanks Chandu007, ur wish worked.

chandu007

Jan 29, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It's very nice to know that everything worked in order and so well for you. My good wishes to you until you become a Citizen.

csvinay said:

The interview went well too and she said all is good. Then I asked her does this mean no RQ? She smiled and said...You don't "qualify" for it since all the paperwork is in order ;) She was nice and said "expect invitation for the ceremony in 2 to 4 months. Good luck".

I hope that goes well too. In a way, I am glad things are out of my hands now. Peace & Good luck everyone.

cool_blue

Sep 7, 2013
csvinay said:

I wrote my test on 6th Sept , I know this is very early ...but can you update once you get the oath letter

jrou

Aug 18, 2012
cool_blue said:
I wrote my test on 6th Sept , I know this is very early ...but can you update once you get the oath letter
Hey cool_blue, can you share your timeline?

Thanks!

sumchans

Sep 11, 2013
Hello to all members here,

Finally had to register here to get some info on my citizenship application.

I have applied for citizenship on January 2012 and CIC website says now that they started processing my application on Dec 5th 2012. Until this point I haven't heard anything from the CIC. I called them today morning and was told that my application was transmitted to Mississauga office on Aug 28th and once they receive it I will be notified on the test date. Has anybody had this kind of a situation if so my question would be how long does it take for the Mississauga office to notify me on the test date.

Please advice.

Thank you all.

ivanlee4

Jan 17, 2013
My time line : applied dec 2011, transferred to scarbourugh office may 2012, test 20 June 2013. I passed the test and interview
they said it will take 2 - 4 months since the date of test to get an oath. Almost 3 months now. I called CIC today, she said they have not made any decision yet to my file because they have lots of backlog, pile of files to work with.
My PR card expires 14 feb 2014. it will take 3 months to get a renewal. should I apply for a renewal now? will it contradict each other
since I am waiting for the oath and at the same time submitting application for renewal?
I am frustrated!!! dont want to spend $50 for that renewal. I hate this waiting game!!!

Yolka

Mar 28, 2013
ivanlee4 said:
My time line : applied dec 2011, transferred to scarbourugh office may 2012, test 20 June 2013. I passed the test and interview
they said it will take 2 - 4 months since the date of test to get an oath. Almost 3 months now. I called CIC today, she said they have not made any decision yet to my file because they have lots of backlog, pile of files to work with.
My PR card expires 14 feb 2014. it will take 3 months to get a renewal. should I apply for a renewal now? will it contradict each other
since I am waiting for the oath and at the same time submitting application for renewal?
I am frustrated!!! dont want to spend $50 for that renewal. I hate this waiting game!!!
I would not extend my PR if I were you, unless you are planning to travel outside of Canada. You took your test and oath letter might come very soon, you are almost there, do not cause additional delays!