+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Toronto Scarborough Citizenship 2012

saphi

Star Member
Feb 21, 2012
My Timeline

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on July 4, 2011.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on July 4, 2011. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on February 20, 2012... my file was transfered to scarborough already but i,m still waiting on a test date..

did my test on December 17 2012 and my oath is on January 17 2013 @1.30pn

Abahoni

Star Member
Sep 13, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
saphi said:
My Timeline

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on July 4, 2011.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on July 4, 2011. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on February 20, 2012... my file was transfered to scarborough already but i,m still waiting on a test date..

did my test on December 17 2012 and my oath is on January 17 2013 @ 1.30pn
Hi Saphi, congratulations!!, I have not received any letter yet, waiting patiently. Are you a single applicant? My one is family with minor kids, my wife and myself took the test and we both suppose to pass the test. Anyway I waited 18 months, I will have to wait and wait.
Thanks for your update. Wish you the best. Please keep visiting the forum!!!!!!!!!!

saphi

Star Member
Feb 21, 2012
Thank you ...Yes i am a single applicant. was so surprise when i got in and check the envelope lol

gamasa

Star Member
Jul 16, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
saphi >>> you are lucky duck :)

wish the best for you man all time

ivanlee4

Jan 17, 2013
Hi All, I am the new member in this forum. I would like to share my time lime as follows:
We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on December 20, 2011. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on April 16, 2012.

Today, Jan 17/2013, I called the CIC hotline and asked them whether my file has been transferred to Scarborough office, and the guy said yes, it
is already in Scarborough office, and if I do not receive any letter for the test until Oct 1/2013 that I should contact CIC by that time.
But I checked the status of my application online, it says: in process, nothing mentioning that the file was already transferred to Scarborough office.

My question : we now CAN NOT see in application status whether or not the application has been transferred ? Thanks for any replies.

Abahoni

Star Member
Sep 13, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ivanlee4 said:
Hi All, I am the new member in this forum. I would like to share my time lime as follows:
We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on December 20, 2011. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on April 16, 2012.

Today, Jan 17/2013, I called the CIC hotline and asked them whether my file has been transferred to Scarborough office, and the guy said yes, it
is already in Scarborough office, and if I do not receive any letter for the test until Oct 1/2013 that I should contact CIC by that time.
But I checked the status of my application online, it says: in process, nothing mentioning that the file was already transferred to Scarborough office.

My question : we now CAN NOT see in application status whether or not the application has been transferred ? Thanks for any replies.
Hi, started processing means file transferred to local office. Now wait to get a letter for the test. I got my letter to write the test in month after file transferred to local Scarborough office. Now waiting patiently to get the oath letter.

jimenezc

Jan 17, 2013
My timeline:

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on September 30, 2011.
We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on September 30, 2011.
We started processing your application on September 19, 2012.
We sent you a letter on September 19, 2012. Provide requested documents.
We sent you a notice on January 10, 2013 to appear and write the citizenship test on January 22, 2013 at 1:00 PM. ;D

Has any body shown up to do the test without the Record of Landing Document IMM 1000? If so what was your experience? and what is your advice?

Abahoni

Star Member
Sep 13, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jimenezc said:
My timeline:

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on September 30, 2011.
We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on September 30, 2011.
We started processing your application on September 19, 2012.
We sent you a letter on September 19, 2012. Provide requested documents.
We sent you a notice on January 10, 2013 to appear and write the citizenship test on January 22, 2013 at 1:00 PM. ;D

Has any body shown up to do the test without the Record of Landing Document IMM 1000? If so what was your experience? and what is your advice?
Hi, seems they want to see if there is any condition on the Conformation of Residence. If you do not have original, try to get a copy that you may have submitted along with your application.

ivanlee4

Jan 17, 2013
mscecoger said:
Thank you so much. I am with Scarborough office. My file has been transferred to local office since June 2013. The CIC person said " you may get a letter about the test in coming months any time in between Jan & March ". But as I saw some other people timelines and some of them said that now a days a lot of RQ, they make me anxious.

Thank you your quick reply. Appreciated. :) :)

MSCECOGER : You and I have the same timeline, (applied Dec 2011, file was being processed since apr 17/2012). Everytime I check my status online, it says nothing about having been transferred to scarborough office. So How did you know that your file was transferred to scarborough office since june 2012? Did it appear online when you were checking your status of application? or Did you call CIC and they told you that your file was transferred June 2012?

twiggy

Star Member
Jun 20, 2012
@jimenezc

I appeared at my test without my record of landing as a pending request was in for a correction and i was allowed to do the test but was told to make sure i have it before the oath.

I however produced a copy as well as evidence i sent in a change request and there were no problems.

Good luck !!!

gamasa

Star Member
Jul 16, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MSCECOGER : my file also transfer to the local office in June do you have any letter yet ???

ivanlee4 : you just ask the call center and ask then when your file transfer 2 the local office they able 2 answer this

Abahoni : i know you was in the oath today good luck man :)

Abahoni

Star Member
Sep 13, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gamasa said:
MSCECOGER : my file also transfer to the local office in June do you have any letter yet ???

ivanlee4 : you just ask the call center and ask then when your file transfer 2 the local office they able 2 answer this

Abahoni : i know you was in the oath today good luck man :)

I did not get any letter for oath yet. I am anxiously waiting!!!!!!!!!!, only Spahi took the oath yesterday.

shabab

Star Member
Jan 25, 2007
saphi said:
got my letter , to take the oath on the 17 January
so happy.. ;D
Dear Saphi

I don't see any Oath on 17th January. There were only 8 sessions of Oath in January 2013 at Scarborough. 2 Sessions each day on Jan 03, Jan 07, Jan 09 and Jan 10.

There is no mention of Oath on 17th Jan. Was it a special invitation in your case. ?

My PR card also expired and when I contacted a judge outside during lunch time at Scarborough center, he asked me my PR application timeline and the Citizenship timeline. He advised me that my citizenship must be finalised in Jan, but nothing happened. Got my PR last week.

Regards