AOR Received.
12/2014
File Transfer...
02/2015
Med's Request
04/2015
Med's Done....
05/2015
Hi.I have a question do you guys know if there is any local office is Oshawa or it goes to Scarborough?

Here is my timeline
Applied on july 10
Received on july 16
Ecas changed to "In process" on dec3

gamasa

Star Member
Jul 16, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
there was office in Oshawa but they close

you can ask the call center where is your local office

siki

Dec 16, 2008
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/2010
AOR Received.
12/2014
File Transfer...
02/2015
Med's Request
04/2015
Med's Done....
05/2015
Thank you gamasa..

siki

Dec 16, 2008
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/2010
AOR Received.
12/2014
File Transfer...
02/2015
Med's Request
04/2015
Med's Done....
05/2015
so i called them the local office is scarb.

saphi

Star Member
Feb 21, 2012
i,m worried here just getting my documents ready for my text.. my IMM 5292 expired in may . but my PR card is valid . will this be a problem for me..help please

Abahoni

Star Member
Sep 13, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
saphi said:
i,m worried here just getting my documents ready for my text.. my IMM 5292 expired in may . but my PR card is valid . will this be a problem for me..help please
Hi Saphi, You need your PR and IMM 5292 (original copy), if expired its okay. My IMM5292 also expired in March 2012, they did not say anything to me last week before the test. Best of luck on the test.

2char

Dec 15, 2012
Does anybody know how Scarborough deals with those who miss their first citizenship test?

It was extremely unfortunate that I missed my first test as I was out of country; I (actually my representative) called CIC before the test date and they said it would be no problem and they automatically reschedule another one. My rep called them again after the test date, and CIC said Scarborough sends you directly to a citizenship judge. Next time my rep called them, he got the same answer. He called again after a week and he was told there would be another written test soon. Every time my rep specifically asked about Scarborough.

So out of four calls, he was told two times that there is an oral test (interview with judge) and two times a written test.

Does anybody know what Scarborough would really do? CIC seems confused and self-conflicting (also in conflict with what CIC website says).

(I have requested my electronic records through Privacy Act just in case.)

gamasa

Star Member
Jul 16, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
2char >>> it seems that you speak and write good English why you use representative !!!!

no one care about your case more than you.

my advice please call by your self hope you wont meet judge because this can delay you so much

also would you mind to share us your time line when your file transfer to the local office and when you get the notice letter ?

ZYXWVU98

Star Member
Jul 20, 2012
to Char: once you missed your test for whatever reason, your file will be put on hold indefinitely because these days CIC is so understaffed and flooded with too many applications. lots of candidates were lining behind you. you are basically out of the normal processing queque now. there is a very high likelihood that cic will not touch your file for sometime. you might want to write a letter to the local cic office to inquire about your application.

2char

Dec 15, 2012
To gamasa:

Thanks, but I have a rep to call CIC on my behalf when I am out of country (which was the unfortunate case then the test invitation letter came). My case was received at Sydney in Nov. 2011, processing started in Feb. 2012, the silent till invitation letter in Nov. 2012 for test in Dec. 2012.

to ZYXWVU98:
That's exactly what I dread. I have sent a letter to Scarborough and then followed up with CIC to make sure my file is not on hold. And it isn't (at least this is what CIC says). I think I'll wait for about a month or so to hear back from CIC regarding my Privacy Act request and then mail/fax Scarborough again.

I just wish CIC increased the application fee in exchange of a reasonable timeline. Look at the United States. ~$700 with a five-month turnaround time (which actually starts three months before you become eligible).

saphi

Star Member
Feb 21, 2012
did my test today wow..question was simple but i messed up two questions.. one was the phrase on the 5 dollar bill where it came from the answer was palms 72 ... i got the wrong... and the other was something about type of voting system we have .. the answer was secret ballot.. i think three people got RQ.. and seven person missed their test..

gamasa

Star Member
Jul 16, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi saphi

hope you pass the test man tell us was easy any question you remember ?

what you mean 7 people missed the test ?? they didnt show up !!!!

saphi

Star Member
Feb 21, 2012
seven ppl did not show up.. my test was easy i just messed up those two question i mention.. just study the discover canada book and do the practice test on apntoronto..site and on the day of the test please read very carefully because the question can play with your head lol...

Nordicgirl

Star Member
Dec 18, 2012
Visa Office......
Scarborough, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone! I am new here so here is my timeline for far:

Jan 16 2012: sent citizenship application
Jan 20: application received in Sydney
Jan 20: on cic website it says that they sent me the booklet, but I received it later.
Mar 7: acknowledgment of receipt.
May 28: application processing has begun
Nov 14: a note that I have been invited to the citizenship test
Dec 11: Citizenship test!

Now I just wait to get the results.