+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Toronto / GTA / Markham Local office after status In Process

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Just out of curiosity wanted to ask, if there is any benefit by calling them and asking them about the application status as we still see our status In Process? In all probability the agent will say that background check is going on or something like that. But as I understand, they can't do anything about our application apart from this info?
That's correct, call center agents cannot influence the speed or outcome of processing. I called just because I was curious to find out what stage my application is at. Alternatively, you can order GCMS notes to get more details on the progress of your application, but in no way calling or getting notes would speed it up.

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Called and confirmed I'm being processed at Scarborough. They said the center is super busy, and likely why there's no update yet. This time they didn't even want to talk about my background check. She said all she can tell me is that it's in process. Well not going to call again. Wait times are insane. Just going to forget about my application till I hear back from them.

SpiceIsland

Oct 2, 2017
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
24 August 2017
AOR Received.
02 October 2017
Interview........
29 November 2017
Called and confirmed I'm being processed at Scarborough. They said the center is super busy, and likely why there's no update yet. This time they didn't even want to talk about my background check. She said all she can tell me is that it's in process. Well not going to call again. Wait times are insane. Just going to forget about my application till I hear back from them.
Maybe they need more staff,I got my test invite very fast but I been in Decision made over 2 months so good luck your turn will come.

Reactions: razerblade

canadagoose1

Jan 29, 2018
@razerblade, Did you ask if they are processing people in date order? The variance of stage intervals from applicant to applicant don't follow any pattern at all. Very random.

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
@razerblade, Did you ask if they are processing people in date order? The variance of stage intervals from applicant to applicant don't follow any pattern at all. Very random.
There's no order, that much we know already. Once the application starts processing, everyone's case is total different because of their backgrounds. I tried to ask that before, but they didn't have a good answer.

mauronico

Mar 20, 2013
Hello,
At what point is a good idea to ask for the notes? I would like to know my processing office, but I hate making phone calls. My application is in process since Jan 30.

vaibhavxv

Mar 26, 2014
Hello,
At what point is a good idea to ask for the notes? I would like to know my processing office, but I hate making phone calls. My application is in process since Jan 30.
I'm also thinking the same, as I got IP since 14-Jan. I would wait for another week or so and then call them to know what's going on with my file and where it is.

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
It takes 30 days to get the notes anyways, from date of applying. And they will be a month-old when you get them.
At least it will show/indicate everything that's been done to current time. It may indicate where they sent it from Sydney.
GCMS notes will show a lot more than what a callcenter agent will tell you.

Reactions: mauronico

qjzhou

May 4, 2016
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It takes 30 days to get the notes anyways, from date of applying. And they will be a month-old when you get them.
At least it will show/indicate everything that's been done to current time. It may indicate where they sent it from Sydney.
GCMS notes will show a lot more than what a callcenter agent will tell you.
Agreed. I called them last week and have been told background check has been completed, and everything is in order. And then the standard routine wording bla bla bla..... :rolleyes: My case is in Scarborough office now, IP since Dec 7, still no further update.

Reactions: mauronico