+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Too Much Proof?

Aeche

Apr 6, 2012
Hi! My husband and I are getting ready to submit all our paperwork to CIC; he's sponsoring me to become a permanent resident so we can live together in BC. :) Everything's going well but there's one thing we're confused about. We think we might've printed too much relationship proof. We printed out our IM and Skype logs, which are about 500 pages together. In addition to that, we've printed about 40 pages of Facebook interactions and 131 pictures. I've searched all over their website and different immigration forums but can't figure out: can we send multiple envelopes to Mississauga, and if so how should we go about this, or should we send less proof? We were under the impression that the more you can send the better, but obviously this won't all fit in a single envelope. Thanks!!

Isometry

Aug 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo-->Seattle
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 28 2011
File Transfer...
Jan 9 2012-->Feb 9 2012
Med's Done....
Sept 19 2011
Passport Req..
March 21 2012
VISA ISSUED...
April 21 2012
LANDED..........
May 17th 2012
Send a box!

Fencesitter

Champion Member
Sep 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 13, 2012
AOR Received.
AOR2 July 25, 2012
File Transfer...
July 13, 2012
Med's Done....
Mar 1, 2012
Interview........
WAIVED!
Passport Req..
Aug 28, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 24, 2012
LANDED..........
Jan 30, 2013
500 pages?? Too much, IMO. You should provide samples over a time period. No way the VO will read all those logs.

We have a total of 160 pics, 20 cards, and other supporting proof (travel, letters from friends, joint bank account, chat record samples over a 2 year period, e-mails between my wife and my mom, and a copy of our rental contract). I think for our case, that's enough, as we've been living together since 2006. We've also included our son's Canadian Citizenship Certificate and his birth certificate.

I guess it depends on your case and how long you've been with your spouse. Newlyweds would probably need more proof.

Good luck!!

FS

here4ali

Mar 29, 2012
Do not send this in a box. I asked CIC this as my husband and I had a lot of proof to send as well. At the post office you can purchase the biggest envelope (only costs about $3) and you will be able to fit a lot into this as I sent about 300 photos (they were organized in different photo envelopes) and all the paper work and proof on top. I sent text messages, skype, msn, emails, letters, phone bills, tons of photos and much more our file was over 6 inches thick. When I asked if I could send our file in a box they said no and this could slow down the process. Boxes sent to a government place look suspicious to them and they might not accept them as anyone can send things there. Play it safe and just buy first the biggest envelope the post office has. I was surprised how much I could fit into it. When you get it home then you can figure out all what you want to send and what you can fit. Good luck:)

Isometry

Aug 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo-->Seattle
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 28 2011
File Transfer...
Jan 9 2012-->Feb 9 2012
Med's Done....
Sept 19 2011
Passport Req..
March 21 2012
VISA ISSUED...
April 21 2012
LANDED..........
May 17th 2012
Good point.

I should add that I just sent samples of everything-- about one chat excerpt per month, one page of my phone bill per month, etc--and just made a note on each type of evidence that more would be provided on request.

Aeche

Apr 6, 2012
Thanks for the info, all! We thought about sending in a box, but as mentioned, that's probably risky, not to mention the website says envelopes only. Definitely not interested in sending the huge stack of papers we printed, but sending samples per month is a great idea. :) Great!

Mrslwsn

Oct 7, 2010
Toronto/Mobay
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-11-2011
AOR Received.
neva yet
File Transfer...
25-01-2012
Med's Done....
26-10-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
14-03-12
VISA ISSUED...
31-03-12
LANDED..........
29-04-2012
WAY too much proof in my opinion as well..bear in mind this can sometimes work against your favor. But I know it is hard to sum up so much...but still...whoa...

dangerJones

Star Member
Jun 7, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-06-2011
AOR Received.
25-07-2011
File Transfer...
08-08-2011
Med's Done....
14-04-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
20-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
03-04-2012
LANDED..........
10-04-2012
Heh, I wish this thread had been around when we submitted our file. I called the CIC call centre several times asking how much proof I should send and the answer each time was "more is better". We ended up submitting over 450 photos and 375 different pieces of evidence-- in duplicate, because I was under the impression that both Mississauga and Singapore needed separate copies of everything. There was so much that the guy who helped me send it with Fedex (this was during the postal strike, so I had to send with Fedex) told me to put it in two boxes. Of course, both boxes ended up shipping in two different trucks, not together, so CPC-Miss claimed they couldn't find both of them. It was a
month and a half before they figured everything out. My advice in that respect: if you have a lot of evidence, never ever send two boxes. As others have said, there's not really a need to send that much anyway--samples should be enough. Our application was eventually accepted, after ten months in Miss and Singapore, which is actually not too bad for a timeline. Of course, we were also very careful to explain everything that we sent and why we sent it, so that there would be no doubt left in the VO's mind about anything.

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
Mississauga: May 10, Mexico: June 4
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
Sheesh. I sent 15 pics. A few sample emails. Seriously one email for each year. A wedding invitation. And a few handwritten letters. That's it.

calvinh

Mar 25, 2012
bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2011
AOR Received.
13-01-2012
File Transfer...
18-10-2011
Med's Done....
21-07-2011
Passport Req..
16-04-2012
VISA ISSUED...
12-05-2012
dangerJones said:
Heh, I wish this thread had been around when we submitted our file. I called the CIC call centre several times asking how much proof I should send and the answer each time was "more is better". We ended up submitting over 450 photos and 375 different pieces of evidence-- in duplicate, because I was under the impression that both Mississauga and Singapore needed separate copies of everything. There was so much that the guy who helped me send it with Fedex (this was during the postal strike, so I had to send with Fedex) told me to put it in two boxes. Of course, both boxes ended up shipping in two different trucks, not together, so CPC-Miss claimed they couldn't find both of them. It was a
month and a half before they figured everything out. My advice in that respect: if you have a lot of evidence, never ever send two boxes. As others have said, there's not really a need to send that much anyway--samples should be enough. Our application was eventually accepted, after ten months in Miss and Singapore, which is actually not too bad for a timeline. Of course, we were also very careful to explain everything that we sent and why we sent it, so that there would be no doubt left in the VO's mind about anything.
Hi Danger, I want to ask you does it say on the visa that you have to enter canada within a certain time ? I know you have to enter before medicals expire the thing is I don't know exact date when my medicals will expire. All I know is that sometime end of Jul or beginning of August 2012

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
Mississauga: May 10, Mexico: June 4
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
The medical expires exactly one year after the day of the appointment. That's when the visa expires. Unless your passport expires first.

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
Never use more than one envelope for the applications! CIC Mississauga will misplace one, or won't put them together for months, as one poster above mentioned happened to theirs. Everything goes together to Mississauga. If you want to send more evidence later, wait until the file is at the visa office overseas and you have a file number.

clubcanada

Sep 7, 2010
it's more about quality than quantity. we've only provided an overview of the skype log files showing date/time but without content which was below 5 pages. Overall these protocols (skype, facebook, etc.) are very weak compared to other supporting material. We put more effort in documentation of our relationship and the future outlook. Overall we had maybe 20 pictures and a number of other evidence (common travel documents) and three affidavits (standardized but informal) from friends.

livin

Star Member
Oct 10, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
clubcanada said:
it's more about quality than quantity. we've only provided an overview of the skype log files showing date/time but without content which was below 5 pages. Overall these protocols (skype, facebook, etc.) are very weak compared to other supporting material. We put more effort in documentation of our relationship and the future outlook. Overall we had maybe 20 pictures and a number of other evidence (common travel documents) and three affidavits (standardized but informal) from friends.
Hello Clubcanada,
Would you happen to know how to provide hotmail/yahoo log files showing date/time without content? I can't seem to figure it out. Also do you think they will find it suspicious without the content??

Thanks

TU160

Star Member
Nov 30, 2011
I think it's funny to work as an immigration officer and read 500 pages instead of work with other applications. Interesting... why there isn't genius who attached "home video" to prove relationships? It would be screamingly funny :D

We sent a marriege certificate and 6 pics. Both stages were recently approved.