+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Too many documents bad?

juicemanfta

Feb 2, 2010
So I am in the process of submitting my spousal sponsorship (Trinidad). We have a lot of history over 5 years worth of documents I visit her at least once and sometimes 2 times a year but the lawyer is telling me that too much documents (cards, telephone bills, pictures etc) can actually frustrate the immigration officer and be bad. What are your experiences when it comes to this?

RobsLuv

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2008
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Original:14Mar2007; Reprocess began after appeal:26Apr2010
Doc's Request.
Original:9May'07; Reprocess:7May'10
AOR Received.
Original:28Apr'07; Reprocess:26Apr'10
File Transfer...
n/a
Med's Request
Reprocessing:7May2010
Med's Done....
Jun2010
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
30Nov2010!!
VISA ISSUED...
31Dec2010!!
LANDED..........
31Jan2011
Quality over quantity, but be sure that you still support ALL of the years you've known each other. Be able to document and provide evidence for the development of your relationship.

Also, be certain to submit proof of every visit you've made to see her. Letters, emails, chats, etc., are secondary to proof of visits (i.e. photos together, airline itineraries and flight stubs), phone calls, etc. So if you have a lot of all of it, concentrate your efforts on the bigger proofs - and minimize (but don't eliminate) the lesser proofs.

juicemanfta

Feb 2, 2010
Thanks Robs!

We have travel docs etc, i guess he wants a clean application that has quality docs. if it was me doing the submission i will have given them a lot more. I hope everything goes fine...i hear they are very hard with sponseorship from trinidad...

bflava

Star Member
Feb 2, 2010
well, I gave all the evidence i had or we had for dating for 2 yrs all the emails and wow owow oowow, well we arranged it yr by yr, date n month by month.. i wanted to give it to them. My friend if u think it will help u send it to them.. all they will do i guess is go through a few yrs.. they dont care how many evidence u give them, just make sure its easy to find it ..

Make the IO work very simple, i am sure once is simplified they wont go through alll evidence n assume u organised.. lawyers.. why a lwayer.... anyway,

Good luck and all the best

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
I'd send it all in too. Just make sure it is very well organized - for example, put all the phone bills in order, all the emails in order, all letters in order, and everything labelled and numbered with a table of contents at the beginning. This way all the proof is there. If the officer doesn't want to read it all, he or she will still see it's there, and if it is well-organized he can skip some. For emails, if there are a huge number, just print out maybe one per month over the course of your relationship, and then get a screen shot of the in-box showing the dates and subjects of all the others.
Somebody at the CIC help line also advised me not to submit all my phone bills, saying a representative sample was enough, but - I have read many cases from the Immigration Appeal Board, and sometimes one of their reasons for rejecting an application will be "they only have one phone bill from year x" or "they've only shown us a couple of phone bills from the early years of their relationship, so obviously they weren't really in love." In other words, if you ony send in a few phone bills, like they recommend, they might then accuse you of not having phoned much.